Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• JLT Novices 2018

Noticed that Ballyandy (seems like a forgotten horse) is entered on Thursday over 2m 4f.

Suggests this race is his target?

A couple of quotes of 20-1 floating about. Thoughts?

Big runner Innoko, assuming this is his target.
    I was surprised NTD only sent him over further than 2m the once last season and I was at Sandown that day when he failed by a short distance to get the better of Messire dex Obeaux who himself proved to be a top table performer.

Ballyandy has speed too so I wouldn't rule out the Arkle and I would question how strong this years Arkle will be...

Comment

I am of the opinion the 2017 supreme first half dozen home will be worth following this forthcoming season.

Hope i am right , invested already including Ballyandy ,he really impressed me and looks like this trip will bring out the improvement along with the fences required to be a player , big scopey beast.

Comment

I'll post something a bit more comprehensive I the next coupe of days but in short, this could be one of the best races of the year!

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
          Big runner Innoko, assuming this is his target.
          I was surprised NTD only sent him over further than 2m the once last season and I was at Sandown that day when he failed by a short distance to get the better of Messire dex Obeaux who himself proved to be a top table performer.

Ballyandy has speed too so I wouldn't rule out the Arkle and I would question how strong this years Arkle will be...
          Thanks Ista.

Interesting that Ballyandy who has run over 16f in ten of his eleven races, starts his chasing career over 20f.

Flying Angel (NTD) started and won the same Perth race which Ballyandy runs in tomorrow. And in turn then ran in the JLT.

Points to the JLT I guess. But like you say, the Arkle looks at this stage, weaker, and he doesn't lack speed at all.

Comment

Will be interesting to see how Ballyandy gets on over 20f on HEAVY!
            Could be a real test of stamina...

We'll soon find out..

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
              Will be interesting to see how Ballyandy gets on over 20f on HEAVY!
              Could be a real test of stamina...

We'll soon find out..
              Was very game to win that when Fagan got upsides

Comment

Not bad for a first run of the season.
                Conditions would have played more into Fagans hands and Ballyandy could have easily folded
                I'm sure that NTD will be happy enough

Comment

Looks like he needs the trip... Rules out the Arkle?

Hills gone 33's...

Comment

I feel like this was the first race of the season. Last year for me it was Ballyandy and Moon Racer.... this year Ballyandy and Fagan. I do think Fagan is much more of a 3m+ horse, and Ballyandy has sprinted away when he has needed to, to get it done... so it wasn't anything to go crazy about on literal form.

Ballyandy wasn't particularly fast over his fences, so I would be surprised if he ended up as an Arkle horse without brushing up (which OBVIOUSLY he is well entitled to do over his next few runs) but not many 2 milers in the past winners of the race to be fair so JLT looks pretty obvious at this stage - no way he'll want the trip this year either? As I said earlier/elsewhere I would have prefered him to run in the Neptune and I do feel quite confident they won't be lured towards the Arkle.

I might have 1 pt at 33/1 for ther JLT (I see it has been cut to 14s in a place today!) with a view to trading out later in the season...

Comment

I think both horses ran with credit and both trainers will be happy. Heavy ground on the first run of the season this early isn't the best gauge but i'd be amazed, based on that run if they dropped Ballyandy in trip now. If anything I'd say the RSA over the Arkle trip wise could suit best. Fagan could be one for the National Hunt Chase this season? I know a few others and myself gave him a mention last season. Definitely the further the better for him

Comment

I was disappointed in that , hoping to see more from Ballyandy in all honesty.

Either Ballyandy ran below par ,Fagin ran above expectations in ground , Fagin has improved for fences , Ballyandy carrying same condition as his trainer.

Lets hope Ballyandy moved up in trip ,seems we all in agreement further the better.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                          I was disappointed in that , hoping to see more from Ballyandy in all honesty.

Either Ballyandy ran below par ,Fagin ran above expectations in ground , Fagin has improved for fences , Ballyandy carrying same condition as his trainer.

Lets hope Ballyandy moved up in trip ,seems we all in agreement further the better.
                          Fagan is a decent horse and I'd expect him to be lining up in the 4m at Cheltenham in march. I thought it was a decent debut over fences given the ground and opposition.

Comment

Rathvinden was quite impressive yesterday and I see he is being aimed at the Drinmore (2m4f). Quite a few previous winners of the race have ended up wanting further to show their best but as a novice, I can see this being the target? Rathvinden did place in the Neptune behind Faugheen over the same distance and on his other visit to the track was second to Red SHerlock (who was highly hyped and only ran once since so I assume the worst)?

33/1 available where quoted. Anyone interested ?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Rathvinden was quite impressive yesterday and I see he is being aimed at the Drinmore (2m4f). Quite a few previous winners of the race have ended up wanting further to show their best but as a novice, I can see this being the target? Rathvinden did place in the Neptune behind Faugheen over the same distance and on his other visit to the track was second to Red SHerlock (who was highly hyped and only ran once since so I assume the worst)?

33/1 available where quoted. Anyone interested ?
                              Save your money Kev and top up on FO to win this.
                              To be honest I think Rathvinden is picking up races now before the big guns come out. I don't see him troubling the top horses

Comment

Working...
                              X