Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

JLT Novices 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
    As a Yanworth backer in RSA , very happy with that
    As a yanworth jlt backer very happy with that
    Last edited by Scooby91; 24 October 2017, 04:44 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

In all seriousness Sutton place is a very good horse and also a very simular run style to yanworth. I think they both want thus trip, Whether they both go here or get split up, who knows.
      Last edited by Scooby91; 24 October 2017, 04:48 PM.

Comment

Yanworth's trainer*Alan King said: "I am very happy with that performance as he was a bit big at the early fences but was very good down the far side of the track and really warmed to his task. We were taking on a race fit rival so he has done well in the circumstances.

"Barry was very happy with him as he came back and said he really warmed to the task and we have the option now of staying at a stiff two miles or moving him up to two and a half miles. However I have not looked beyond today as I wanted to get this out of the way first.

"I was always going to bring him to Exeter at either this meeting or the one at the beginning of November as it's a lovely track and there is not a better place to run a* novice as they learn plenty around here."

Comment

They'll probably leave it quite late with Yanworth regarding the trip he does down...and try him over a few different trips too.

I'd be leaning for the JLT, and was ring-leader of the Yanworth CH 'can't-be-pout-the-three' fanclub last season... but totally price related that I've not considered backing him since I had 1 pt e/w at 10/1 back in April this year Not my best bet...

Comment

Interesting about the stiff run two over fences.... I'd be half tempted by 20s in the Arkle just through lack of depth, but really think JLT is the race?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              Interesting about the stiff run two over fences.... I'd be half tempted by 20s in the Arkle just through lack of depth, but really think JLT is the race?
              I wouldn't back the arkle personally kev. Although in this years addition hed go close. I'd be very sure the jlt is his trip, but only about 80% sure he goes there.

Comment

If your running them on there own merits you'd sent both yanworth and Sutton place to the jlt.

Comment

JP doesn't usually make a fuss about them taking each other on... in fact he often does so Sutton Place isn't really in my thinking too much.

I won't back Yanworth for the Arkle as I don't think he'll run and I already have a 'poor' enough value bet for the JLT.

Comment

Sutton Place is very talented but he appears to need soft going. Doesn't strike me as an ante-post proposition at this stage.

Comment

He is the ideal horse to back in the any race market. He could run in any of four races at the festival and 7/1 appeals.

Comment

I thought Yanworth did 'OK' today, looked like was jumping houses early on but settled, and I think it was 2nd last where made mistake but apart from that was ok, beat a decent horse in starrubbin too. Must admit though wouldn't be rushing into backing at 8/1 for race

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                          He is the ideal horse to back in the any race market. He could run in any of four races at the festival and 7/1 appeals.
                          Excellent spot that!

Love this horse, gutted he didn't perform at last years Festival.

Thought he was good today, did what Yanworth does!

Comment

Wrote a big piece about Sutton Place not being a good bet at 7/1 any race..... realised you meant Yanworth!

Yanworth Any race 7/1
                            Sutton Place Any race 12/1

Last edited by Kevloaf; 24 October 2017, 06:13 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              Wrote a big piece about Sutton Place not being a good bet at 7/1 any race..... realised you meant Yanworth!

Yanworth Any race 7/1
                              Sutton Place Any race 12/1

Comment

Lol.
                                Sutton place must have been trimmed recently for any race.

Out of all the prices of every horse at the festival I personally believe he is the best value.
                                20/1 For the jlt if your brave or now 12s any race if your inclined to play it safe.
                                IF he goes jlt, which is his trip imo, that 20s is a gift from the gods.
                                He would be very competitive in all 3 chases, and he wouldnt be 12s for the stayers.

Comment

Working...
                                X