Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I think you are getting confused with the race at the festival a couple of years earlier. Auvergnaut unseated on trials day when Cantlow was a few lengths clear of him.

**Apologies - just watched the closing stages on Sportinglife and he did get hampered slightly but not too the degree that it cost Cantlow the race.
    Makes sense.... I knew there was something about the race that I wasn't disheartened about regarding Cantlow... the 'not so important weight' AND losing a few lengths was it... all academic now, wouldn't have Cantlow to get ahead ever again.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Makes sense.... I knew there was something about the race that I wasn't disheartened about regarding Cantlow... the 'not so important weight' AND losing a few lengths was it... all academic now, wouldn't have Cantlow to get ahead ever again.
      Interesting section Re cause of casues by Mark Howard.

In the history of the Festival Cross-Country 11 of the 13 renewals were won by 4l or less. The only previous wide margin winner was Garde Champetre who won by 10l in 2008 – and he won again the following year off a 21lb higher mark.

Cause Of Causes won by 9l and, given its now a level-weights contest, ought to be a short priced favourite not 7/1.

Comment

Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post

In the history of the Festival Cross-Country 11 of the 13 renewals were won by 4l or less. The only previous wide margin winner was Garde Champetre who won by 10l in 2008 – and he won again the following year off a 21lb higher mark.

Cause Of Causes won by 9l and, given its now a level-weights contest, ought to be a short priced favourite not 7/1.
        Does anybody know if it's confirmed level weights again. Iv no idea personally,
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          From what i gather, no plans to change it back. Will stay level weights.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            Has been for the previous 2 years now, have seen nothing to suggest it won't be.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Has been for the previous 2 years now, have seen nothing to suggest it won't be.
              I'd assume so, seen a few things on Twitter previously when commenting on cause of causes, but nothing official.ad wondered if I missed something.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Where is this from Samcro? Is it in his book, cheers

Comment

Originally posted by paz247 View Post
                  Where is this from Samcro? Is it in his book, cheers
                  Got it wrong sorry, it was from Matt Tombs - 10 'Forgotten' Horses for the 2018 Festival.

Comment

Got it wrong sorry, it was from Matt Tombs - 10 'Forgotten' Horses for the 2018 Festival.
                    No problem, cheers

Comment

Just seen Cantlow is running over 2m6f in a hurdle race at Thurles tomorrow

Comment

Be nice to see Josies Orders back on track tomorrow, hopefully all will go well and it will be a nice pipe opener

Comment

Be nice to see Josies Orders back on track tomorrow, hopefully all will go well and it will be a nice pipe opener
                          Thanks for the heads up Paz. Great to see him back and it's the same prep race he has taken in for the last 2 years. We should be seeing him at the November meeting then.

The 10/1, when compared to the 7/1 with Cause of Causes makes little appeal but if he were to run well at the November meeting I will likely add him as cover during / straight after the race if he shows the same form as in 2015/16

Comment

Nice pipe opener from Josies Orders yesterday and indeed the money followed, can still get 10/1 with PP & Betfair mind.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                              Nice pipe opener from Josies Orders yesterday and indeed the money followed, can still get 10/1 with PP & Betfair mind.
                              Another over-rated Enda Bolger runner for this race

Comment

17 entries for Friday's XC at Cheltenham including CoC, BTW, and JO. For this race I'll be more interested Auvergnat and Urgent de Gregaine but will be keeping a keen watching brief on the others if they run.

Comment

Working...
                                X