Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
    Silly Question time , Does that mean that they are being stabled at cheltenham now , till the Race ??.,
    so more schooling sessions to come ?.

Wouldn’t have thought so. Imagine it’s just an away day as a sharpener.

Comment

• Gordon will be over for the sales so he’ll have brought them with him, think COC did the same last year IIRC

Comment

• Anyone know which jockey was schooling tiger roll ?
        Hoping jack Kennedy will take the ride in this
        Might be Keith donoghue though
        Last edited by Liammet; 14 February 2018, 05:53 PM.

Comment

• Three horses I’ve backed in this....and two are TR & CoC so this news is music to my ears

Comment

• With the double figures starting to disappear on Tiger Roll I've finally got involved taking the price boost 11s with Ladbrokes. Like many a two pronged attack of CoC and TR, which I'm happy with.

Comment

• Gordon Elliott confirmed at the National Weights dinner that Cause of Causes, Bless the Wings and Tiger Roll do all come here (no shock as we saw them schooling) however he did say it worked well as a prep for the national with Silver Birch.

He did say COC is in super form though

Comment

• can we please lock this thread for the next 3 weeks every time i see a reply it gives me heart palpatations!

Comment

• Originally posted by CauseofCauses View Post
                  can we please lock this thread for the next 3 weeks every time i see a reply it gives me heart palpatations!
                  Not the only one CoC. Been happening to me for weeks

Comment

• Originally posted by ryanh97 View Post
                    Not the only one CoC. Been happening to me for weeks
                    Agreed! (Appreciating the irony in commenting in this thread)

Comment

• Rowebot just highlighted this to me...

Doesn't mention Cause of Causes, does mention Tiger Roll

Tiger Roll - 8-Y-O

What a wonderful horse he is, a dual Cheltenham Festival winner who has also won at the October meeting - he clearly loves the track! He goes for the Glenfarclas - I think it has his name all over it, he went schooling over the cross country course at Cheltenham last week and went very well, all being well he will take his chance and we would be expecting another big run from him.

If I hadn't already added Tiger Roll... I would be now!

Comment

• Cause of causes is up now Kev -

Cause Of Causes - 10-Y-0

One of the yard favourites he's won at the last three Cheltenham Festivals and is an absolute star, we love him to bits. His run in last year's Grand National was brilliant, he is of course entered again this year but for the Festival the*Cross Country*is his aim, he went with Tiger Roll schooling to Cheltenham last week and went as well as ever.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
                          Cause of causes is up now Kev -

Cause Of Causes - 10-Y-0

One of the yard favourites he's won at the last three Cheltenham Festivals and is an absolute star, we love him to bits. His run in last year's Grand National was brilliant, he is of course entered again this year but for the Festival the*Cross Country*is his aim, he went with Tiger Roll schooling to Cheltenham last week and went as well as ever.
                          I've never been happier

Honestly, was panicking quite a lot.

Comment

• Phew, really good to hear!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              I've never been happier

Honestly, was panicking quite a lot.
                              I second this! I have just spent the last hour going over their previous races, now wondering if this is more of a prep for the National and he won’t be fully tuned etc etc etc. Someone at Betfair must be on here and thought they would have a bit of a laugh with us by leaving him out!

Now is probably a good time to admit that I have never been so invested in Cheltenham ante post, have only 3 single bets and every multiple has Cause of Causes. Maybe not very balanced but I think he will still do the business.

10/9/8/7/6/5/4/100 to 30 and 3s - all good value

Comment

• I’m pretty heavily invested in cause of causes. But must say having reading Elliot’s quotes my confidence is all but going. And just the fact he’s sending tiger roll for the cross country says a lot too I think, don’t think they would of if they had confidence in causes winning it again. Just my personal opinion.

Also causes price very steady around the 3/1 ish NRNB area. Tiger roll was 12’s not long ago and now best price 8’s. Think him and causss will defo go off Fav and 2nd Fav at Cheltenham Tho.

Comment

Working...
                                X