Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
    I’m pretty heavily invested in cause of causes. But must say having reading Elliot’s quotes my confidence is all but going. And just the fact he’s sending tiger roll for the cross country says a lot too I think, don’t think they would of if they had confidence in causes winning it again. Just my personal opinion.

Also causes price very steady around the 3/1 ish NRNB area. Tiger roll was 12’s not long ago and now best price 8’s. Think him and causss will defo go off Fav and 2nd Fav at Cheltenham Tho.
    Keep the faith MTR.
    Tiger Roll's aim in the national, not really anywhere else to go to protect his mark? Any positive for TR is a positive for COC, and the other way round.

I'm also expecting them to be 1 and 2 in the betting.

I have to say, I will be horrified on the day if they flip flop for favouritism. The writing will be on the wall and I Won't be here to apologise

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      The writing will be on the wall and I Won't be here to apologise
      There would be no need for that Kev

Comment

• From Elliott in the RP today:

Cause of Causes

A legend of a horse having won at the past three Cheltenham Festivals for us, most recently winning the XC Chase. That's the plan for him again this year and he was at Cheltenham last week schooling with Bless The Wings and Tiger Roll. We're very happy with him and are looking forward to running him.
        Very happy to hear that. Here's what he says about the soon to be runner up too...

Tiger Roll

Schooled very well over the cross-country course last week. We've brought a few of our cross country horses to Cheltenham in recent years to school around the place and it has worked well for us. He's a brilliant horse for us and I think he'll run well again this year

Comment

• I'll be beside myself when they jump the last together

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
            I'll be beside myself when they jump the last together
            Think I’ll hide behind the bar in the stand when they come to the last will be unbearable to watch!

Comment

Think I’ll hide behind the bar in the stand when they come to the last will be unbearable to watch!
              Especially when Auvergnat is 6 lengths clear

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                , !.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                  Worth considering the cash out at that point, every chance he finds a hole to fall into somewhere between the last and the line...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Worth considering the cash out at that point, every chance he finds a hole to fall into somewhere between the last and the line...
                    The only hole he'll find whilst running is COC a*** hole as he stares at it running away from him

Comment

• Tiger roll into 6/1! Keeps being cut! Be odds on come the day at this rate

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post

Comment

Tiger roll into 6/1! Keeps being cut! Be odds on come the day at this rate
                          Elliott gamble just like last year...

Comment

• This stable gamble on Tiger Roll looks ominous to me , dont like tempting fate as I am on CoC but it wouldnt surprise me CoC misses Cheltenham which would explain the Tiger Roll move.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                              This stable gamble on Tiger Roll looks ominous to me , dont like tempting fate as I am on CoC but it wouldnt surprise me CoC misses Cheltenham which would explain the Tiger Roll move.
                              There is nothing to indicate CoC missing Cheltenham and don't see why they would do that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                There is nothing to indicate CoC missing Cheltenham and don't see why they would do that.
                                Agree, at his current stage there is no reason to suggest there is anything untoward, still getting clipped in price himself, Just the e/way angle the bookies are probably latching on to, as top 3 in the betting all have solid course form.

Remember COC drifted on the day of the race last year anyway, think he got smashed in to about 3/1 maybe shorter then went and won at 4/1 on the day.

Not worried just yet.

Comment

Working...
                                X