Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Cross Country Chase 2018

Cause of Causes wins again.

End of thread.

The Last Samuri has been added to the betting I notice...

Cause of Causes still wins.

Comment

Haha now that would be perfect!

Comment

Short thread this one

Comment

Will end up being the at profitable one though

Comment

I'll go through and pick out some of my quotes disregarding CoC for the 2017 version to give us a laugh?

Before I do though, I was mad keen on Josies Orders before he got ruled out and a positive word on him would certainly give all of us CoC backers at least a few moments of consideration? Adds a different threat and one that I'd worry ascot more than any 'newcomers'!

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I'll go through and pick out some of my quotes disregarding CoC for the 2017 version to give us a laugh?

Before I do though, I was mad keen on Josies Orders before he got ruled out and a positive word on him would certainly give all of us CoC backers at least a few moments of consideration? Adds a different threat and one that I'd worry ascot more than any 'newcomers'!
              Couldn't agree more

Comment

The fact Nina is back riding and would likely be onboard would be another plus for Josies Orders, no better around the course. JO was my best bet of the festival before he got injured last year. He has a touch task ahead of him but it would be foolish to write him off...
                Last edited by jono; 26 September 2017, 06:11 PM.

Comment

Just before the thread closes.................................Auvergnat

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    Just before the thread closes.................................Auvergnat
                    Lock Thread!

Comment

Has Mullins got anything of note for race guys? Not a favourite race of mine , guess from punting viewpoint its proving popular.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post

I daren't go back and read my comments about him as I'd also wrote him off. I was blinkered having punted him fairly heavily for the Ultima Handicap Chase on day one

Comment

Auvergnant is only 2 years younger than CoC, do you believe there is a 10 length improvement?

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                            I daren't go back and read my comments about him as I'd also wrote him off. I was blinkered having punted him fairly heavily for the Ultima Handicap Chase on day one
                            Take a bigger man to admit they were wrong I think my main issue was the fact he was a previous festival winner is irrelevant due to it being a completely different course ... in hindsight: The Hill is THE HILL and based on the Kim Muir and CD alone it is impossible to think he doesn't own that home straight!

Auvergnat at 16s looks a lovely each way shot and I know ista its keen which warrants enough respect for me to take note, however I don't see a 10L swing, especially as a betting prospect when COC has been 9s to 16s

As CoC contracts, other horses will become more appealing... but that's staying the obvious
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 16 October 2017, 03:42 PM.

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                              Auvergnant is only 2 years younger than CoC, do you believe there is a 10 length improvement?
                              I think there's much improvement in the horse, just 4 banks runs and only getting the soft ground he needs once in those runs.
                              Ran a belter on debut, would have gone close on Trials Day then winning the PP Hogan, he never ran his race at the Festival when ground was seriously quick, the watering can will come out if needed this season and ground will be more akin to staying chasers....

Comment

Working...
                              X