Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
Results 31 to 40 of 48
  1. #31
    Completely off topic but I never realised Cause of Causes took part in Champagne Fevers Supreme win

    Just rewatched it, as he is being pushed along half way round who would have thought he would have turned into such a beast!
    Admittedly he is there staying on past cheltenian and the likes up the hill!
    Last edited by Hurricane fly; 10-12-2017 at 09:09 AM.

  2. #32
    Never even realised this HF. Gonna go and watch now

  3. #33
    Quote Originally Posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
    Never even realised this HF. Gonna go and watch now
    Watched this on YouTube as it predated my real interest in the sport - imagine getting 5/1 sp on the Mullins Ricci horse in the supreme

  4. #34
    Quote Originally Posted by robith View Post
    Watched this on YouTube as it predated my real interest in the sport - imagine getting 5/1 sp on the Mullins Ricci horse in the supreme
    Champagne Fever was 20/1 the week leading up to the festival and he was the previous seasons bumper winner........... and no, I didn't back him

  5. #35
    From RP stable tour.

    Elliott says this race is best chance of CoC making it four Cheltenham festival wins and that this race looks to be the plan again.

  6. #36
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Dec 2016
    Posts
    348
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    From RP stable tour.

    Elliott says this race is best chance of CoC making it four Cheltenham festival wins and that this race looks to be the plan again.
    This is brilliant news, still covering with Josies Orders mind as I'd be gutted if he came back and won it!

  7. #37
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,555
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    From RP stable tour.

    Elliott says this race is best chance of CoC making it four Cheltenham festival wins and that this race looks to be the plan again.
    Excellent. I agree Gordon

  8. #38
    Senior Member jono's Avatar
    Join Date
    Sep 2016
    Posts
    958
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    From RP stable tour.

    Elliott says this race is best chance of CoC making it four Cheltenham festival wins and that this race looks to be the plan again.
    Superb. He also says that his win in this race was one of his highlights of the season last year. What looked like an almost certain target is now guaranteed for me.

  9. #39
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,555
    IF, I didn't already have 11 pts win on CoC - I would be getting at least 5 pts e/w on CoC at 7/1. (1/4 the odds)

    For me, and as an each way price, it is just a bet on whether or not he turns up! if he does, and obviously it won't be everyones bag to bet ante post (although I doubt they're active on here at this stage to disagree) then what on earth would be stopping you.

    I appreciate Auvergnat may improve, and I appreciate Josies Orders might bring in a different formline.... but I don't think either are worth worrying about AND even then, you'd make some money on the way way selection, because there is NO WAY that if he completes, he will not be coming up the hill stronger than anything else.

    Even comparing the price to some of the other races, Samcro is 8/1 best price, we've never seen him jump an obstacle. Finian's Oscar is a similar price, and we don't know exactly what race he'll be in. Altior is 6/4 and might have to beat DOuvan. Douvan is 10/3 and might have to beat Altior. Buveur D'air is 4/1 and might have to take on Faugheen and all the novices. Faugheen is a similar price and has to come back from 2 years off....

    It is an absolute good thing. I am going in each way at 7/1.

  10. #40
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    IF, I didn't already have 11 pts win on CoC - I would be getting at least 5 pts e/w on CoC at 7/1. (1/4 the odds)

    For me, and as an each way price, it is just a bet on whether or not he turns up! if he does, and obviously it won't be everyones bag to bet ante post (although I doubt they're active on here at this stage to disagree) then what on earth would be stopping you.

    I appreciate Auvergnat may improve, and I appreciate Josies Orders might bring in a different formline.... but I don't think either are worth worrying about AND even then, you'd make some money on the way way selection, because there is NO WAY that if he completes, he will not be coming up the hill stronger than anything else.

    Even comparing the price to some of the other races, Samcro is 8/1 best price, we've never seen him jump an obstacle. Finian's Oscar is a similar price, and we don't know exactly what race he'll be in. Altior is 6/4 and might have to beat DOuvan. Douvan is 10/3 and might have to beat Altior. Buveur D'air is 4/1 and might have to take on Faugheen and all the novices. Faugheen is a similar price and has to come back from 2 years off....

    It is an absolute good thing. I am going in each way at 7/1.
    Kev, I agree he's still worthy of a bet at 7/1 but can't see the logic in him each way at that price, with 5 months to go. The risk of him not showing up outweighs the reward, at the price. Just my opinion.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •