Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
Results 11 to 20 of 48
  1. #11
    Has Mullins got anything of note for race guys? Not a favourite race of mine , guess from punting viewpoint its proving popular.

  2. #12
    Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    I'll go through and pick out some of my quotes disregarding CoC for the 2017 version to give us a laugh?

    Before I do though, I was mad keen on Josies Orders before he got ruled out and a positive word on him would certainly give all of us CoC backers at least a few moments of consideration? Adds a different threat and one that I'd worry ascot more than any 'newcomers'!
    I daren't go back and read my comments about him as I'd also wrote him off. I was blinkered having punted him fairly heavily for the Ultima Handicap Chase on day one

  3. #13
    Auvergnant is only 2 years younger than CoC, do you believe there is a 10 length improvement?

  4. #14
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I daren't go back and read my comments about him as I'd also wrote him off. I was blinkered having punted him fairly heavily for the Ultima Handicap Chase on day one
    Take a bigger man to admit they were wrong I think my main issue was the fact he was a previous festival winner is irrelevant due to it being a completely different course ... in hindsight: The Hill is THE HILL and based on the Kim Muir and CD alone it is impossible to think he doesn't own that home straight!

    Auvergnat at 16s looks a lovely each way shot and I know ista its keen which warrants enough respect for me to take note, however I don't see a 10L swing, especially as a betting prospect when COC has been 9s to 16s

    As CoC contracts, other horses will become more appealing... but that's staying the obvious
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 10-16-2017 at 03:42 PM.

  5. #15
    Senior Member Istabraq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,179
    Quote Originally Posted by Hurricane fly View Post
    Auvergnant is only 2 years younger than CoC, do you believe there is a 10 length improvement?
    I think there's much improvement in the horse, just 4 banks runs and only getting the soft ground he needs once in those runs.
    Ran a belter on debut, would have gone close on Trials Day then winning the PP Hogan, he never ran his race at the Festival when ground was seriously quick, the watering can will come out if needed this season and ground will be more akin to staying chasers....

  6. #16
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    I think there's much improvement in the horse, just 4 banks runs and only getting the soft ground he needs once in those runs.
    Ran a belter on debut, would have gone close on Trials Day then winning the PP Hogan, he never ran his race at the Festival when ground was seriously quick, the watering can will come out if needed this season and ground will be more akin to staying chasers....
    I'm not sure they are able to put much water on the XC course, or the drainage is much better on that part of the course. Either way, the ground always seems much quicker than the actual racecourse.

    I was there the year that Garde Champetre was fatally injured () and the cross country ground was like a road.

  7. #17
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    I think there's much improvement in the horse, just 4 banks runs and only getting the soft ground he needs once in those runs.
    Ran a belter on debut, would have gone close on Trials Day then winning the PP Hogan, he never ran his race at the Festival when ground was seriously quick, the watering can will come out if needed this season and ground will be more akin to staying chasers....
    Cause of Causes has only run in 2 XC races and improved a lot between the two so I think there is just a sense likely to be improvement from him again. He also carried 9'9 on trials day! But agree he would have hosed up if staying in the race

    Having said all this IF Auvergnant prices stays put id be an e/w backer to cover myself.

  8. #18
    Senior Member Istabraq's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2015
    Posts
    2,179
    CofC is too good to be in the XC race for me, a winner of the 4 miler and with stamina to burn he should be in the Gold Cup, unlikely to have the class to win that but could easily be placed, the fact he's taken to banks proves his versatility but a good with the ability to place in a GC shouldn't be in banks races for me

  9. #19
    Senior Member paz247's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jul 2014
    Location
    Manchester
    Posts
    254
    Any one any news on Foxrock? This race or Foxhunters? Only in betting for this at moment

  10. #20
    Senior Member Kevloaf's Avatar
    Join Date
    Aug 2016
    Posts
    2,584
    Quote Originally Posted by Istabraq View Post
    CofC is too good to be in the XC race for me, a winner of the 4 miler and with stamina to burn he should be in the Gold Cup, unlikely to have the class to win that but could easily be placed, the fact he's taken to banks proves his versatility but a good with the ability to place in a GC shouldn't be in banks races for me
    At 7/1 a horse good enough to be placed in a gold cup is great value for this race, even before factoring in the C+D win though.... so suck it up and get the ista mortgage on?

    Purely on ability his 2nd in GN is his best form? He'd need to improve again to place in a gold cup wouldn't he?
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 09-27-2017 at 08:56 PM.

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •