Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
    I’ve got £25 at 125/1 for CoC to do the cross country and national double, bet placed over the phone with 365 in July.

Also have a hefty amount on him at 9/1 to win the cross country this season, getting increasingly worried that he still hasn’t had a run out yet when most seasons he’d have a couple or more runs before the festival. Keeping my eyes peeled at all times for any news on him. Especially as 365 have now offered cash out on all of my ante post bets on CoC.

Be interesting to hear what other folk on the thread think of his chances now we’re getting a bit closer to the big day?
    I want to see him run anywhere, OR have that run around over the fences again like last year... I'm not worried but it is now on my mind. I was worried the day he was a NR last week or so ago, but have calmed down a bit since then

Comment

• Thanks for the replies! I did see Elliot said he was in good form, but I take all comments by owners/trainers with a pinch of salt from when I got burnt with vautour at the festival a couple of years back!

Liking the positivity on him here tho, I still am a bit concerned, hopefully he’ll be out for a run really soon. CoC is in most of my ante post yankees also so a lot riding on him.

Comment

• For me it's a case of getting a run into Cause of Causes would be ideal but probably more so for my benefit and peace of mind rather than really helping his chance in the race...

Any run between now and the festival will just be to blow away the cobwebs so to speak and not really take him on for the run. Through the years his campaigning to get his mark down has meant most of runs have been over inadequate trips where he's been asked no questions during the race whatsoever so I would trust Elliott could do enough at home/racecourse gallops to do a similar job and get him there ready on the day.

Comment

• See CoC has got an entry on the 4th of feb!

Sunday, 04 February 2018 - 4:10
          (Early closer) at Leopardstown Chanelle Pharma Handicap Steeplechase (Grade A) (2m5f)

Let’s hope he has a nice spin round. A lot of talk about tiger roll for the X country also. See Ed chamberlain has him as one of his picks for the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
            See CoC has got an entry on the 4th of feb!

Sunday, 04 February 2018 - 4:10
            (Early closer) at Leopardstown Chanelle Pharma Handicap Steeplechase (Grade A) (2m5f)

Let’s hope he has a nice spin round. A lot of talk about tiger roll for the X country also. See Ed chamberlain has him as one of his picks for the festival.
            I feel pleased and relieved to see that.

Ed Chamberlain's picks for the festival are about as worthwhile as my own

Comment

• Hopefully COC gets a nice run in Feb. Fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                Hopefully COC gets a nice run in Feb. Fingers crossed
                A racecourse gallop will do for me.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  A racecourse gallop will do for me.
                  yeah true haha

Comment

• Cause Of Causes currently sitting with zero prep runs and no future entries is a bit of a worry for me, Josies Orders on the other hand has had a Cheltenham Festival prep similar to COC last season, in having 4 races to date, OK, the races he has contested are different, but I am sitting here thinking that the late COC gamble last season will be the same for Josies Orders this season!

I have JO backed, but not as much as COC!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      Cause Of Causes currently sitting with zero prep runs and no future entries is a bit of a worry for me, Josies Orders on the other hand has had a Cheltenham Festival prep similar to COC last season, in having 4 races to date, OK, the races he has contested are different, but I am sitting here thinking that the late COC gamble last season will be the same for Josies Orders this season!

It's the nagging feeling that Tiger Roll will end up as the gamble that worries me!

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                        Cause Of Causes currently sitting with zero prep runs and no future entries is a bit of a worry for me, Josies Orders on the other hand has had a Cheltenham Festival prep similar to COC last season, in having 4 races to date, OK, the races he has contested are different, but I am sitting here thinking that the late COC gamble last season will be the same for Josies Orders this season!

CoC is still entered in the last race at Leopardstown on Sunday, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                          CoC is still entered in the last race at Leopardstown on Sunday, no?
                          Ah yeah, could well be the case. Still a concern it's only the one run before this years festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                            It's the nagging feeling that Tiger Roll will end up as the gamble that worries me!

He’s still entered next week at Leopardstown, and has the entry for the cross country. Gordon has said he’s in good form at home. Like a lot of people have said on here I don’t think having a few prep runs really matters that much now as a lot of the same work can be done at home.

Comment

• While i'm in heavy on CoC and its niggling in the back of my mind, I think the national would of been a hard race for him so theyre just minding him a bit more this season

Comment

• He's a green and gold horse so you can just listen to what Frank Berry says and assume the opposite to be true.

Comment

Working...
                                X