Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Cross Country Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Gordon mentioned on ATR that he’s fine. Says Cheltenham and Aintree are the aims. Deep breaths.

Comment

• I wouldn't be too concerned of he turned up without a run, and certainly don't think he needs to run in a XC race before the festival. It'd be nice if Gordon can give him a spin around the course when the sales are on again.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
        I wouldn't be too concerned of he turned up without a run, and certainly don't think he needs to run in a XC race before the festival. It'd be nice if Gordon can give him a spin around the course when the sales are on again.
        I had a look at Twitter earlier while looking for news about why he was pulled out and genuinly over 50% of tweets were saying "Cause of causes is a great bet at 25/1 today ... love that horse" kind thing.

Absolutely staggering that somebody sould see the name and not realise it was literally HALF the distance that would see him in the best light.

I wish I was a bookie when I read things like that. people are willing to GIVE there money away

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I wish I was a bookie when I read things like that. people are willing to GIVE there money away
          I wish I was a bookie every day haha

Comment

• Just in case anyone did back Impulsive Star when I did at 33/1 with 365.....

I've just cashed it out for full stake, then backed it again at 33/1 NRNB ....

Comment

• Clever that Kev, I like it.
              But it would concern me that the account might get flagged and affect your future betting, hope that's not the case...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                Clever that Kev, I like it.
                But it would concern me that the account might get flagged and affect your future betting, hope that's not the case...
                I'll make hay while the sun shines - I think they look at my account as see I've backed Cause of Causes so often that I must clearly be clueless

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  I'll make hay while the sun shines - I think they look at my account as see I've backed Cause of Causes so often that I must clearly be clueless

Comment

• If you fancy cause of causes for this (like most of us do) the he will be shorter for the GN.. So this could be a nice bet, I was going to have him the the GN anyway and I got him for this race so worth a few points??

Cause Of Causes to win the Cross Country Chase 2018 & the Grand National 2018 66/1 (Sky Request a Bet)

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                      If you fancy cause of causes for this (like most of us do) the he will be shorter for the GN.. So this could be a nice bet, I was going to have him the the GN anyway and I got him for this race so worth a few points??

Cause Of Causes to win the Cross Country Chase 2018 & the Grand National 2018 66/1 (Sky Request a Bet)
                      What are they each way terms of that bet SBA?

Comment

• Win only I think, but COCs will be around 20/1 for the GN if he wins this and no One for Arthur this year...

Comment

• He's available at 4/1 for the cross country at the moment I think. He'd have to go 12/1 or under after winning the cross country to make that a value bet.

If he's 20/1 for the GN after winning the XC, you'd be better off backing him for the XC then putting all your winnings on him for the GN. You'd be getting something like 100/1+.

Comment

• I’ve got £25 at 125/1 for CoC to do the cross country and national double, bet placed over the phone with 365 in July.

Also have a hefty amount on him at 9/1 to win the cross country this season, getting increasingly worried that he still hasn’t had a run out yet when most seasons he’d have a couple or more runs before the festival. Keeping my eyes peeled at all times for any news on him. Especially as 365 have now offered cash out on all of my ante post bets on CoC.

Be interesting to hear what other folk on the thread think of his chances now we’re getting a bit closer to the big day?

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
                              I’ve got £25 at 125/1 for CoC to do the cross country and national double, bet placed over the phone with 365 in July.

Also have a hefty amount on him at 9/1 to win the cross country this season, getting increasingly worried that he still hasn’t had a run out yet when most seasons he’d have a couple or more runs before the festival. Keeping my eyes peeled at all times for any news on him. Especially as 365 have now offered cash out on all of my ante post bets on CoC.

Be interesting to hear what other folk on the thread think of his chances now we’re getting a bit closer to the big day?
                              Don't think about cashing out with B365 MTR. Lay him on the exchanges if you are concerned but cashing out only ever favours the bookmakers.

Comment

• Originally posted by MTR View Post
                                I’ve got £25 at 125/1 for CoC to do the cross country and national double, bet placed over the phone with 365 in July.

Wouldn't be worried about not having a run yet, I am sure they will get a shorter prep race in somewhere, Elliot said he is in good form...

Comment

Working...
                                X