Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbrokes Trophy (aka Hennessy Gold Cup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Great news !

Comment

Hennessey, followed by the Welsh National or Denman chase for American? He's very ground dependant and I just wonder if they'd take their chance at Chepstow if he ran well at Newbury.

Personally, I think he's an absolute certainty for the Hennessy (Ladbrokes Trophy)

Comment

I know they've mentioned the Welsh National for him as a "long term possibility" .... and you'd imagine he'd have top weight...but that didn't hold Native River back?

I think he'd win the Welsh National

Comment

I could definitely see him (American) going for and following up in the Welsh National.

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          Personally, I think he's an absolute certainty for the Hennessy (Ladbrokes Trophy)
          I hadn't checked his odds recently so to see he has come into 8/1 is rather pleasing. I'm confident, though not quite as confident as you Faugheen Singlefarmpayment is the horse that could be the fly in the ointment for me...

He's jocked up and due to run at Cheltenham in the opener on Saturday. I can't believe they'd ruin such an attractive mark for the Hennessy so would be amazed if he were to win or run well. A 'below par' run on Saturday and i'll certainly be taking the 20/1 on offer for the race. Latest from the trainer:

"Singlefarmpayment is entered at Cheltenham on Saturday and it is possible he will start off there, although nothing is concrete at this stage," revealed George.

"He came back from his summer break looking good and we are happy with him at the moment. We said we will take each step as it comes this season, depending on how the horse is, and see where we go.

"He progressed well last season and it will be interesting to see if he can carry that on this season."

Comment

Certainly a good angle in to a bet.

IF he won, the confidence they'd be showing would mean he'd win the Hennessey ergo become a gold cup contender? Treble figures on that might tempt me ... If he's travelling well haha

Comment

Singlefarmpayment is declared tomorrow. I'm not sure what to make of it to be honest. An impressive victory and he'd probably blow his chance of winning the Hennessy.

Comment

A great Hennessy prep by Singlefarmpayment. I've added him each way at 20/1.

Heskin basically said that he wasn't fit and would improve for the run.

Comment

Yes ,On i.t.v Trainer said hennessy definitely the target , and needed this run to get him ready .

Comment

Took some 20's straight after as well. Thought that was as good a prep as you could have asked for. Tanked through the race travelling lovely. American would still be my main fancy in this but Singlefarmpayment is a massive player and i'm very happy to have both covered.

Current bets on the race:

American 16/1 1pt EW
                    American 8/1 1pt Win

Singlefarmpayment 20/1 0.5pt EW
                    Singlefarmpayment 20/1 1pt Win

Comment

Same two as me Jono and I don't think I'll add a third.

Comment

Weights are out on Thursday. It will be interesting to see what the Irish horses get (particularly Total Recall). A few years ago you could add 4-5 pounds to their Irish rating but that hasn't been the case recently; with many running off their Irish marks (although the handicapper does throw in the odd 'head scratcher')

Comment

Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                          Weights are out on Thursday.
                          Where are they found when they're released?

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                            Where are they found when they're released?
                            They should be on the Racing Post site by 2pm - just click on racecards and then big race entries, . I wouldn't be surprised to see a link on Irishracing.com. The other option is to go to Timeform.com (they post quicker than Racing Post normally), search for a horse you know is entered and then click on entries and then the Ladbroke.

Comment

Thank you BoF

Comment

Looks like they're out already
                                Last edited by Garrison Savannah; 8 November 2017, 10:13 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X