Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbrokes Trophy (aka Hennessy Gold Cup)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Thanks for that BOF, fingers crossed for a big run. Will actually be at a wedding so will try not to find out the result and watch a replay at some point.

Comment

They are forecasting no rain at Newbury before Saturday.

Comment

Total Recall 12s and Vyta Du Roc 33s are my plays!

Comment

Sara Bradstock not too worried about American is she

Comment

Does no-one give A Genie in a Bottle a squeak here ?
            Was never going to stay 4m at Chelt for one so young and inexperienced but ran well to 3 out, this trip far more his liking, can see him going very well....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
              Does no-one give A Genie in a Bottle a squeak here ?
              Was never going to stay 4m at Chelt for one so young and inexperienced but ran well to 3 out, this trip far more his liking, can see him going very well....
              Could not agree more. I may not be the most objective one here as, having been beaten 2.75 lengths at levels, him running well would make Bay of Freedom look very well handicapped.He beat Mala Beach (won Troytown on Sunday) by 2.5 lengths off levels in October. Admittedly, Mala Beach was having his first outing for over 500 days and may not have been fully wound up but the same could be said of A Genie in Abottle who hadn't run for 168 days and has needed his first outing historically. In any event, the difference between a 168 day break and 500 days is much less pronounced these days given a decent trainer.
              He also ran a decent race behind Disko at Punchestown on ground not dissimilar to Saturday's likely ground; beaten 5.5l off levels by a 164 rated horse.

Comment

If he avoids mishaps I don't think you can kick Singlefarmpayment out of a place.

Comment

I forgot your beast had form with A Genie in a Bottle BOF, and having run so well in the Kerry National that was a nice boost for AGIAB....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                    I forgot your beast had form with A Genie in a Bottle BOF, and having run so well in the Kerry National that was a nice boost for AGIAB....
                    A sea of blue for AGIAB today. Is that your bet filtering through Ista?

Comment

Sadly no FM, I got stung a few weeks ago on a decent AP bet so I'll wait until Saturday when I know he goes...

Comment

Hills are paying 7 places

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                          Can see Whisper placing, but think he's a horse in this type of race that will always find at least one better than him.
                          About the only thing I got right when it came to the main race of the day. Although, I'd love to know where SFP would have finished had he not come down. Same happened to me with On Tour when going well. Cracking day all round mind, and a few horses to put in the tracker too.

Comment

FM - do you want to create a 2018 thread so we get individual threads for each renewal ?

Comment

Working...
                            X