Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ladbrokes Trophy 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Ladbrokes Trophy 2018

New season!

Bump!

Any early fancies?

I've not looked properly yet but did hear Black Corton is being aimed here for PFN and 33/1 is perhaps a big price?

Tom Segal mentioned Yanworth on the RP podcast ....

I had Thomas Patrick in my minds eye last season for this race....

And singlefarmpayment is 33s

The first horse I looked for was Clan Des Obeaux but he isn't in the betting. Ladbrokes do have him priced up in the Betfair chase and I thought 20/1 was more than fair enough given his liking for the course.

For the Ladbrokes Trophy I'm drawn to Barney Dwan and American (again!).

Barney Dwan should relish the step up to 3 miles and is on a nice mark.

American lost his chance at the start last season and if he can get to the front and into a rhythm I think can be a player. He should be able to win a handicap off a mark of 154. Quiet a few ifs and buts though!

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      The first horse I looked for was Clan Des Obeaux but he isn't in the betting. Ladbrokes do have him priced up in the Betfair chase and I thought 20/1 was more than fair enough given his liking for the course.

For the Ladbrokes Trophy I'm drawn to Barney Dwan and American (again!).

Barney Dwan should relish the step up to 3 miles and is on a nice mark.

American lost his chance at the start last season and if he can get to the front and into a rhythm I think can be a player. He should be able to win a handicap off a mark of 154. Quiet a few ifs and buts though!
      I’m expecting a good showing from CDO this coming season too FM. There’s still plenty of improvement left in him imo. A flat galloping track is a must I think.

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        New season!

Bump!

Any early fancies?

I've not looked properly yet but did hear Black Corton is being aimed here for PFN and 33/1 is perhaps a big price?

Tom Segal mentioned Yanworth on the RP podcast ....

I had Thomas Patrick in my minds eye last season for this race....

And singlefarmpayment is 33s
        Single farm is becoming a massive cliff horse for me, I'm so sure he will win one soon and everytime he seems to hit the bar!

As FM has mentioned Barney Dwan is so appealing to me, was a big fan of his last year and he should get the trip and even with a prep run will go off on a decent mark

Comment

Willoughby Court could be interesting on stepping up. Can see him galloping many into submission on a track he obviously likes.

Comment

Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
            Willoughby Court could be interesting on stepping up. Can see him galloping many into submission on a track he obviously likes.
            Agreed GS. I might make the trip to Carlisle to watch him in early November. He's my pick at the moment.

Comment

The entries are out:

ADRIEN DU PONT (FR)
              AL BOUM PHOTO (FR)
              ALLYSSON MONTERG (FR)
              AMERICAN (FR)
              BALLYOPTIC (IRE)
              BEWARE THE BEAR (IRE)
              BLACK CORTON (FR)
              BRAQUEUR D’OR (FR)
              CALETT MAD (FR)
              CLAN DES OBEAUX (FR)
              COO STAR SIVOLA (FR)
              DINGO DOLLAR (IRE)
              DON POLI (IRE)
              EL BANDIT (IRE)
              ELEGANT ESCAPE (IRE)
              FINAL NUDGE (IRE)
              FLYING ANGEL (IRE)
              FULL IRISH (IRE)
              GO CONQUER (IRE)
              INVITATION ONLY (IRE)
              ISLEOFHOPENDREAMS
              JANIKA (FR)
              JAVERT (IRE)
              KEMBOY (FR)
              LABEL DES OBEAUX (FR)
              LAST GOODBYE (IRE)
              MISTER WHITAKER (IRE)
              MONBEG NOTORIOUS (IRE)
              MS PARFOIS (IRE)
              ONE FOR ARTHUR (IRE)
              OTAGO TRAIL (IRE)
              PAIROFBROWNEYES (IRE)
              PRESENT MAN (IRE)
              RATHVINDEN (IRE)
              REGAL ENCORE (IRE)
              RENE’S GIRL (IRE)
              ROCK THE KASBAH (IRE)
              ROCKLANDER (IRE)
              SIZING TENNESSEE (IRE)
              SNOW FALCON (IRE)
              SOLIGHOSTER (FR)
              SPLASH OF GINGE
              STEP BACK (IRE)
              TERREFORT (FR)
              THE DUTCHMAN (IRE)
              THE YOUNG MASTER
              THISTLECRACK
              THOMAS PATRICK (IRE)
              TOTAL RECALL (IRE)
              UN TEMPS POUR TOUT (IRE)
              UP FOR REVIEW (IRE)
              VIRGILIO (FR)
              VYTA DU ROC (FR)
              WEST APPROACH
              WILLOUGHBY COURT (IRE)
              YALA ENKI (FR)

Comment

Good idea Ista.

Done

Comment

Entirely depends on whether Mullins wants to target this race and, if so, how many darts he will throw but I've always been a fan of Kemboy and as an unexposed second season chaser he would look to have the right profile...

Comment

Like Ms Parfois for this. tough lady, and still rated 146 after three excellent seconds to finish last season.
                    terrefort now rated 158
                    not sure on rathvinden new mark
                    Last edited by Quevega; 1 November 2018, 08:45 PM.

Comment

In fact 20-1 looks big when you look at the top two in the market, and the rest all look like mullins horses, with only one or two likely to run.

Comment

I have backed Dingo Dollar at 25/1 for this race this morning.

Course and Distance winner, still young and unexposed, could well make up into a graded horse over fences and he a nice prep yesterday qualifying in 4th for the Pertemps - at Newbury. Thgat has to have been a prep for this race, I think it's been a long term plan and I think it's a good bet at 25/1

Comment

FM & jono...

Do we give American another go this year - 33/1?

Went off 5/1 fav last year, ground went against him (doesn't want any "good" in the going...)

Huge amount of recency bias and that isn't the reason to back the horse....but horses that went off fav for races that turn up the next year do seem to be forgotten about and perhaps shouldn't be, it got mentioned on a Pod about Marmello (20/1 2nd in Meborune Cup) and yesterday Royal Line went off 9/1 after being 6/1 fav the year before...not a reason to back him alone but since he was a well fancied 5/1f despite the ground he's had two runs...

He ran well when beaten behind Definitely Red, who has proven to be a decent horse) on his next start when looking like he'd hack up and was disappointing in the Gold Cup finishing 9th - last of the ones that completed....

Worth a go?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            FM & jono...

Do we give American another go this year - 33/1?

Went off 5/1 fav last year, ground went against him (doesn't want any "good" in the going...)

Huge amount of recency bias and that isn't the reason to back the horse....but horses that went off fav for races that turn up the next year do seem to be forgotten about and perhaps shouldn't be, it got mentioned on a Pod about Marmello (20/1 2nd in Meborune Cup) and yesterday Royal Line went off 9/1 after being 6/1 fav the year before...not a reason to back him alone but since he was a well fancied 5/1f despite the ground he's had two runs...

He ran well when beaten behind Definitely Red, who has proven to be a decent horse) on his next start when looking like he'd hack up and was disappointing in the Gold Cup finishing 9th - last of the ones that completed....

Worth a go?
                            I'm giving him another go Kev. He completely lost his chance at the start last season and not sure the season really went to plan there after. At 33/1 he looks worthy of a few quid to me.

Comment

I just went to back American again, this time with Paddy Power, and got an odds boost from 33/1 to 80/1. I've never had anything like it in terms of odds boost. Anyone get the same?

Comment

Working...
                              X