Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by archie View Post
    5yos and 10yos do not win the Stayers. The more I think about it, the more I think that Apples Jade should go here.
    Wouldn't fit with Elliott's modus operandi to win as many as possible but she would be my idea of the winner the more I think about it.

I don't think she'll turn up so can't back it ... but I think you're right archie ... she should

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
      5yos and 10yos do not win the Stayers. The more I think about it, the more I think that Apples Jade should go here.
      Don't say that Archie haha!

For me though, Apple's Jade is top of the mares list currently, but would she be better than Annie Power, for me, no, and Annie Power couldn't win this race, I know the pedigree's are different etc... but I still can't have her winning it against the boys, even with the allowance. She'll probably win the Mares' again, but I think it will be real close and hopefully another brilliant finish like this years race.

Comment

i am surprised Colin's Sister isn't in the betting for this , has some high class form.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
          i am surprised Colin's Sister isn't in the betting for this , has some high class form.
          Likely to head to the Mares...

Comment

Listening to Nicky Henderson on On The Line.

Would any of you boys give a squeek at the prices to L’Ami Serge in this ?

Comment

Originally posted by Denmania View Post

I did have a free £5 on, I might have even made a case for him being unexposed quite early on in this thread.... but right now, I'd have switched to the opinion that 20/1 is actually a bit short.... Not keen now. Open mind as he probably is quite unexposed still, but has a lot to prove?

Welcome

Comment

Originally posted by Denmania View Post

I'm sure a few people will. If it came up very soft I'd give him a shout. I personally think he's a much better horse on very soft ground regardless of the distance. And although he won a really nice pot, he diddnt have to beat much in France where he got his conditions. I couldn't see him troubling the front 2 in the market. But they all have to still make it there.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  I'm sure a few people will. If it came up very soft I'd give him a shout. I personally think he's a much better horse on very soft ground regardless of the distance. And although he won a really nice pot, he diddnt have to beat much in France where he got his conditions. I couldn't see him troubling the front 2 in the market. But they all have to still make it there.
                  Agreed he would be ground dependant! Just trying to look for a decent priced alternative to the top two.
                  Think a free bet might be the way to go 👍

Comment

If you want one that will shorten and I can say it now as iv just taken the last what I want at 29.0 been backing form 55.0 down.*
                    Is thistlecrack for the stayers.*

Atm about 10% he goes there.*
                    In my eyes he's an odds on chance to win the long distance hurdle against UNWIMH.*
                    I'd rate him a 6/4 chance with a run for the stayers now.*

10% chance × 6/4 is about 16.0.*
                    When he wins the long distance hurdle he will shorten right up even though he's not going to the stayers.*
                    If he dosent go close in the king george or has a minor setback anytime after the long walk. That 10% chance will increase.

And I don't want to be sweating on a book of
                    Nichols canyon 7/1
                    Uknowhatimeanharry 9/1*
                    Let's dance 103.0
                    Win only.

Comment

Yeah I got a mate with the same view Scooby, trouble is I think they got unlucky with Cue Card and maybe left his GC challenge a year too late and this really has to be the last chance for Thistlecrack, so if the horse is fit and healthy in March and we all hope he is, I can only see them heading for the blue ribband....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                        Yeah I got a mate with the same view Scooby, trouble is I think they got unlucky with Cue Card and maybe left his GC challenge a year too late and this really has to be the last chance for Thistlecrack, so if the horse is fit and healthy in March and we all hope he is, I can only see them heading for the blue ribband....
                        Should head GC I'd agree. The owners seem game.

If/ when he wins the long distance hurdle and if he diddnt win the king george or his race after. that's some call to make though when you know you'd have a championship race in the bag . Ricci had a somewhat siimilar choice..

Also agree with you may only get one chance in a gold cup.

If I was the owner I'm sorry to say I'd go for the stayers.
                        Understandably the snooks may be 100% certain the opposite.
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 23 November 2017, 12:47 PM.

Comment

The trouble is he's been there/done that Scooby, winning a Stayers by 12l or whatever it was with Scu waving to the crowd was the biggest demolition I can remember in the race (and I've seen the last 30 odd), so going back to win something you already won doesn't hold the same appeal when you just might be good enough to win the jackpot...

Comment

Would be an even money shot for the stayers although he'd have a tougher race this time than the year he won?

Maybe if he beats unowhatimeanharry easily (not match fit but getting weight) and falls in the King George there is a chance? Or gets soundly beaten in the KG?

Not a tempting enough price for me at the moment ... but I'd be happy to absolutely wade in at evens if he did end up here.... If he beats harry.

Comment

I don't think getting chinned is reason enough Kev, I think he's have to show real jumping flaws to be seen back over timber, could be wrong though....

Comment

Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                I don't think getting chinned is reason enough Kev, I think he's have to show real jumping flaws to be seen back over timber, could be wrong though....
                                Chinned- GC
                                Stuffed- stayers?

Im inclined to agree though ... but fair enough taking the chance at big odds scooby.

Comment

Working...
                                X