Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Saw Barters Hill is to be reverted back to hurdles and will reappear around a Christmas

Pauling previously said he wouldn’t bring him back if he wasn’t showing his old ability.

Currently 25/1 which I think is a little tight, but hed surely be aimed at this and an interesting watxh

Comment

Big ask he retains his ability, but I'd personally would have like to have seen him go for an Aintree hurdle or even tried over 2. He dispatched north hill Harvey with ease over 2m3. Wasnt dis simular to altior' s novice run at kempton, And his bumper form speaks for itself.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I'm sure I read that Pauling thinks he has a very workable handicap mark and they'll use that you see how much ability is retained. I love Barters Hill and hope he still has the mind to put it all in

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          Would you not say NC has had 11 tough races though compared to UNWIMH ?
          For what it's worth I think both are well clear.
          Not according to Stuart riley , Scooby . Yesterday in the In depth column , he gave nichols canyon as a horse to aviod ?.
          said N.C had only won 2 of his last 9 starts , a couple of losses and the price would tumble.
          Personally i am incensed by his comments !.my pick all day long for the stayers.

Comment

Interesting that UNWIMH is coming out quite this early for me, though Fry has said he is in good health and I guess they wouldn't want to pass up opportunities given he is 9 years of age.

However, that said, it would once again put doubts in my mind about him, I think he may have a long old season ahead of him, and he couldn't beat NC at Cheltenham this year with that same sort of prep, I can't see how he'd manage it next year.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
              Interesting that UNWIMH is coming out quite this early for me, though Fry has said he is in good health and I guess they wouldn't want to pass up opportunities given he is 9 years of age.

However, that said, it would once again put doubts in my mind about him, I think he may have a long old season ahead of him, and he couldn't beat NC at Cheltenham this year with that same sort of prep, I can't see how he'd manage it next year.
              He turned the tables on NC after Chelt and they've put it down to an 'off day' ... bar the 3rd in that race it worked for them last time .... I prefer NC but it's between the two of them for me at this stage until I see some improvement from left field

Comment

Always wary about getting too involved in staying hurdle races, not sure why, think i'm scarred by past experiences! I wouldn't make this a two horse race by any means. Though they are the right ones at the top of the market i always fancy something being switched towards this target last minute. Someone on here put up Let's Dance which i think is a great shout, Colin's Sister hammered Lil Rockerfeller last week who went close in this last year (albeit who was then hammered at Punchestown by UNWIMH). Form always seems muddled for me in this race

Comment

If UNWIMH and NC were the same price as say Altior and foam at the head of their respective market I wouldn't back either .... its a 'two horse race' it terms of relative value for me at the moment.

Very happy to change my mind but I'll need to see it. Uninspiring division on the whole.

Not fast enough to be champion hurdlers / can't jump a fence

Comment

I agree with the coupling of NC and UKWIMH, however I only have one potential disaster scenario for this bet.

Thistlecrack runs in the KG, Might Bite goes from the front and the pace exposes Thistlecrack’s jumping... the Tizzards May then decide to revert him to hurdles and what price does he go into the market at?

Comment

literally flip of a coin job between the two , best bet is to bet both still shows profit at current odds. That will change tmrw imo , Harry shortens and Nic will also , so if you fancy one bet it now.Both race profiles suggest both will make it to Cheltenham , and cant see nothing else getting involved other than Bacardy if he doesnt take to hurdles.

Comment

We all can’t wait to see*Unowhatimeanharry*SP*back on the course in a*class-two hurdle (2.50pm) that's a bonus race for him, really.

Newbury’s Long Distance Hurdle next month was always the plan for his reappearance, but he’s that well in himself that we weren’t sure we could contain him for three weeks.

We were toying with the idea of an away day at Wincanton with American and Minella Awards, but we spotted this race and it looks the ideal starting place for him.

There are only two other runners and he has to give weight away to his rivals, while he’s also dropping back in trip. He should still have a very good chance, though.

After this he will follow a very similar programme to last season.

It was a real shame that the only time he wasn’t 100% last term was around the Festival, which meant he wasn’t the best horse on the day.

Seeing him bounce back at Punchestown was very special.*

At home he knows he’s a good horse.

He only does what he has to when he works. He always works with the best horses and he’ll go one length up and then pull himself up. It would be the same against weaker horses. He keeps a bit up his sleeve.

He’s been a wonderful horse to train. It’s been fairytale stuff and we all dream of training horses like him.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Nice seasonal return from UNWIMH there.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                            Nice seasonal return from UNWIMH there.
                            very decent return

Comment

Looks like he ran to 160+ there so very decent return.

Comment

5yos and 10yos do not win the Stayers. The more I think about it, the more I think that Apples Jade should go here.

Comment

Working...
                                X