Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

RIP Mega Fortune - one of my favourite horses

I was hoping he'd turn into a Stayers hurdle horse this season. This game is horrible at times

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      Did you see him in real life?
      Unfortunately not Kev mate, just from footage on gallops and parade etc. Can't remember where seen clips, will try and find them and copy links

Comment

Awful news today on mega fortune. So talented RIP

Comment

Supasundae to stay over hurdles, according to Kevin Blake. Could be a player in this although 16/1 is hardly on the generous side.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            Supasundae to stay over hurdles, according to Kevin Blake. Could be a player in this although 16/1 is hardly on the generous side.
            correct.

Not a price you'd rush to take... slightly surprised by the decision ALTHOUGH,

CH Pingshou
            CC Fox Norton
            SH Supasundae
            GC Sizing John

Gives Potts a runner in all 4 big races... which you'd imagine is something he's thought about?

Comment

On Jezki...

'We were delighted with his comeback run, he really showed his old sparkle and he has been in great form since. We aren’t sure what direction we’ll go with him yet. He’s likely to have an entry in the Morgiana Hurdle and we’ll see after that, but I’d say he probably will end up going back up in trip'.

Actually traveled brilliantly into the race last year but didn't seem to stay the trip? I had backed him that day, at a nice double figure price and almost got excited!

Comment

On the FFP Kevin Blake was quite keen on coupling NC and UNWIMH each way as an ante post stnad in this race, which was music to my ears as that is how I have played this race so far..... 3/1 for either seems a decent price when you compare it to the other championship races IMO.

Comment

On the FFP Kevin Blake was quite keen on coupling NC and UNWIMH each way as an ante post stnad in this race, which was music to my ears as that is how I have played this race so far..... 3/1 for either seems a decent price when you compare it to the other championship races IMO.
                  Kev, I need to pull my finger out, I have been coupling quite a few races in multiples, yet for some reason, despite writing numerous notes to back UKWIMH I still haven't managed too. All over NC which could be costly if I don't start including UNWIMH!

Comment

My interest in race so far

Faugheen 60/1 to pennies.........Think ive done my money here

The New One 44/1 to pennies.........Nige bloody listen to your son , you big oath lol

Lami Serge 25/1 to 16/1 to a few quid.

All speculative at this stage , though Lami really interests me.Like his Cheltenham race profile and first attempt at the 3m trip he wins nicely. Not saying he gonna win world hurdle but feel he capable of giving Nic & Harry a run.

Nicky Henderson always liked him and given proper mapped race program this season he could surprise.

Comment

I got 2U on UNWIMH at 14/1 after the race this year

Unless any other horse starts to leap out at me in the season I think I'll lay low

However the last two years the Thursday has been very profitable, and I'd love another Thistlecrack/Vautour/Limini type treble!

Comment

Originally posted by Hurricane fly View Post
                        I'd love another Thistlecrack/Vautour/Limini type treble!
                        Wouldn't we all!

Comment

From the Hendo stable tour, on L'ami Serge

It was wonderful to win the French Champion Hurdle with him and long-term that will be the target. We have most campaigned him over two miles on heavy ground and his great success has come over three miles and one and half furlongs on good ground. We will probably try him in the top staying hurdles here up to Christmas and take a view.

That'd certainly put me off for the stayers. I have 0.5 pts on and that'll be the last I have on

Comment

From the Hendo stable tour, on L'ami Serge

It was wonderful to win the French Champion Hurdle with him and long-term that will be the target. We have most campaigned him over two miles on heavy ground and his great success has come over three miles and one and half furlongs on good ground. We will probably try him in the top staying hurdles here up to Christmas and take a view.

That'd certainly put me off for the stayers. I have 0.5 pts on and that'll be the last I have on
                            Just out of interest, why would that put you off the Stayers Hurdle at Cheltenham?

Comment

Originally posted by JackieMoon33 View Post
                              Just out of interest, why would that put you off the Stayers Hurdle at Cheltenham?
                              I'm never too confident if it isn't a horses 'main target'. To win one of championship races I'd like the trainer to be working backward from the target.

It'd be a slight concern about Might Bite as a gold cup bet for example, as the King George is his target.

It's only a minor thing of course

Comment

I'm never too confident if it isn't a horses 'main target'. To win one of championship races I'd like the trainer to be working backward from the target.

It'd be a slight concern about Might Bite as a gold cup bet for example, as the King George is his target.

It's only a minor thing of course
                                The French Champion Hurdle is in June I think so plenty of space to target both races.

Comment

Working...
                                X