Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Calett Mad is running tomorrow at Perth in the first race of the day, 3m Novice Hurdle, assuming it goes ahead, but being a Novice the potato race is more likely than the Stayers', surely?

Comment

Yes the Albert Bart is the plan for Calett Madd and the owners have Lami Serge for the World Hurdle as things stand

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
        Yes the Albert Bart is the plan for Calett Madd and the owners have Lami Serge for the World Hurdle as things stand
        ......and Wholestone

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
          ......and Wholestone
          Going chasing isn't he?

Comment

Not sure. In the stable gossip section of OJA it says he's being trained for the Stayers. However in the same book, Anthony Bromley mentions him as one of the novice chasers he's looking forward to.

Clear as mud

Comment

Anthony calls the shots so if he says he is going nov chasing he will be unless he doesnt school well, to be fair he wasnt the greatest jumper of a hurdle so will be interesting to see how he jumps a fence.

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                I had a chat recently with the racing manager of Callet Mad (he runs the syndicate im in - The Million In Mind) and he sounded very keen on the Callet Mad project, sounds like the Twister was less enthusiastic, so if he fails to fire over hurdles id suspect that he will go back over fences. He would be very interesting if you could prices 25/1 plus though coz hes already proven himself to be around the standard needed to finish in the frame of this (RPR of 150 twice over fences, catches the eye and very lightly raced)
                Billy - does that suggest the switch is the racing managers decision and not the trainer ?
                If true it doesn't bode well for the future relationship, I know NTD will not like being instructed to do something he doesn't think is right

Comment

Would be daft not listen to the trainer, but he seems to make the decisions.

Comment

Just to throw my fancy for this race out there, L'ami Serge (currently 16/1). Fully respect the chances of Nichols Canyon, UNWIMH and The World's End (and will have a couple of those covered), but much like connections stumbled upon Sizing John's and Nichols Canyon's best trip I think they have now with L'ami Serge. Always been full of talent and his beating of Shaneshill in Auteuil last time out puts him right there on collateral form. With target assured there are few better than Henderson at training a horse to peak on the day. I would fear UKWIMH most assuming there is cut in the ground come the day, and that they haven't overraced him beforehand as they did last season

Comment

I think L'ami Serge is a fantastically consistent horse over variable trips, however, I do believe that the Shaneshill form is nothing special, Shaneshill was put in his place both at Cheltenham and then again at Punchestown by both NC & UKWIMH, though suspect there will be more improvement to come from L'ami Serge over 3m than Shaneshill at that point, the latter has now gone chasing.

Personally I feel it would take a huge effort and improvement for L'ami Serge to trouble the front 2 in the betting currently, a horse who also, despite many consistent efforts, has never won at Cheltenham.

Comment

I agree Shaneshill not the best yardstick and he has plenty to find, was just visually a very taking performance for me from L'ami Serge that day and think Henderson will be able to eek plenty of improvement out of him now trained for the trip. Also on NC and will have a little cover on UKWIMH if he gets there fresher this time

Comment

I think Harry Fry has said they'll be taking the exact same races in this year for unowhatimeanharry, Rob.

Comment

I personally fancy UKWIMH to reverse the form at festival this year. Looked very well indeed when seen last week

Comment

Really struggling to assess where he stands really. His performance at cheltenham was that of a tired looking horse to me, but then he came back and reversed the form in Punchestown. Some have suggested he needs cut in the ground to be at his absolute best. Would still far rather be on NC for this though, a couple of years younger maybe the difference? Especially if UNWIMH is going to be busy again

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                                I personally fancy UKWIMH to reverse the form at festival this year. Looked very well indeed when seen last week
                                Did you see him in real life?

Comment

Working...
                                X