Page 2 of 17 FirstFirst 123412 ... LastLast
    Quote Originally Posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
    Having read somewhere that Calett Mad is going hurdling I might be tempted with an EW bet if the odds were good enough - can't see him priced up anywhere mind. Maybe I'm mis-remembering what I read
    I was given this horse by the yard on the lead up to Cheltenham and back him blind, it was only on the day I discovered he was a 5yo gunning for the 4m chase, and he isn't even an early foal, mid April, never had a hope of staying the trip a month before his 5th birthday.

The yard definitely like the horse even if last seasons targets were too ambitious but the 4m entry tells me they see him as an out and out stayer, so reverting back to hurdles doesn't look obvious to me should this be confirmed....

Looking back at Calett Mad's form it does seem rather odd that they'll revert back to hurdles. Like you say it was a huge ask to run in the 4miler as a 5yo. That may of had an effect on his Aintree run and even so we saw Might Bite run many horses ragged last year so there's no shame in that. Outside of those 2 races he seemed to take to fences well and got back to form at Ayr in a decent handicap in April

Yes Callet Mad is going back over hurdles but hes a novice so will be aimed at the Albert Bart.

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    Yes Callet Mad is going back over hurdles but hes a novice so will be aimed at the Albert Bart.
    Incredibly odd profile... maybe one for the winter than the spring?

I had a chat recently with the racing manager of Callet Mad (he runs the syndicate im in - The Million In Mind) and he sounded very keen on the Callet Mad project, sounds like the Twister was less enthusiastic, so if he fails to fire over hurdles id suspect that he will go back over fences. He would be very interesting if you could prices 25/1 plus though coz hes already proven himself to be around the standard needed to finish in the frame of this (RPR of 150 twice over fences, catches the eye and very lightly raced)

Calett Mad is running tomorrow at Perth in the first race of the day, 3m Novice Hurdle, assuming it goes ahead, but being a Novice the potato race is more likely than the Stayers', surely?

Yes the Albert Bart is the plan for Calett Madd and the owners have Lami Serge for the World Hurdle as things stand

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    Yes the Albert Bart is the plan for Calett Madd and the owners have Lami Serge for the World Hurdle as things stand
    ......and Wholestone

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    ......and Wholestone
    Going chasing isn't he?

Not sure. In the stable gossip section of OJA it says he's being trained for the Stayers. However in the same book, Anthony Bromley mentions him as one of the novice chasers he's looking forward to.

Clear as mud