Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Stayers Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Does OV control the twitter and Facebook too?

I'd do it. I can go in and delete everything I've said that's been proved wrong
    If you wouldn't mind deleting everything I posted about CoC before last season's Cross Country it'd be much appreciated.

Comment

• Just about scraped some 14/1 then, that was seriously impressive from Sam Spinner!

Also couldn't rule out L'ami Serge based on that either...

Comment

• Just backed Sam spinner 20/1 ew 1/4
        Lami serge 16/1 1/4 we

Towards the end of the race.
        20s still available. If your quick with 365
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• The ground was a big positive too. Happy to go in now

Comment

• My god the stayers division is weak. Very good performance from the winner nonetheless

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Just backed Sam spinner 20/1 ew 1/4
              Lami serge 16/1 1/4 we

Towards the end of the race.
              20s still available. If your quick with 365
              Happy days

GOing back on what I just said, how L'ami finishes his races came back to light... would have to be a negative for his chances?

Comment

Happy days

GOing back on what I just said, how L'ami finishes his races came back to light... would have to be a negative for his chances?
                It is but they were well clear I wasn't 100% sure who was going to win and wanted to make sure I got the price. Still happy enough with the lami serge ew bet And very happy with the package. Lami serge always does that travels supremely well should be good for a place and you never know who is going to make it there on the day.

Comment

• I'm hoping Nichols Canyon gets a lot closer to AJ at Christmas this time to solidify himself at the head of the market.. Would AJ get the allowance in the stayers??

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                    I'm hoping Nichols Canyon gets a lot closer to AJ at Christmas this time to solidify himself at the head of the market.. Would AJ get the allowance in the stayers??
                    She would darlojim. I think they would be mental not to try her over 3m

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                      I'm hoping Nichols Canyon gets a lot closer to AJ at Christmas this time to solidify himself at the head of the market.. Would AJ get the allowance in the stayers??
                      7lbs that she doesn't need.

Nichols Canyon I'd love to think had a solid chance now, but I think his form with UNWIMH last year doesn't leave him a lot of wiggle room, unless he's going to improve this year, which he may well do, however with his profile you can't say for sure.

If I knew Apple's Jade would run I'd fancy her but regardless of how easily she May win over 3m .... it is surely not going to be easier than against inferior mares over 2m4f? Elliott has said 100% mares too and I'll take that at face value.

On today's winner, best two performances are on heavy and soft ground ... spring ground going to see him in the same light? I'm not sure either way but certainly worth bearing in mind

Comment

7lbs that she doesn't need.

Nichols Canyon I'd love to think had a solid chance now, but I think his form with UNWIMH last year doesn't leave him a lot of wiggle room, unless he's going to improve this year, which he may well do, however with his profile you can't say for sure.

If I knew Apple's Jade would run I'd fancy her but regardless of how easily she May win over 3m .... it is surely not going to be easier than against inferior mares over 2m4f? Elliott has said 100% mares too and I'll take that at face value.

On today's winner, best two performances are on heavy and soft ground ... spring ground going to see him in the same light? I'm not sure either way but certainly worth bearing in mind

It was good to soft today and that was his best performance against the best opposition this side of the Irish sea.

Comment

• definitely impressed today by Sam Spinner , But still keeping the faith with Nichols Canyon for the stayers in march.

Comment

• Would worry me if Apples Jade won in a few days and they had a u turn but I honestly think Sam Spinner has the rest covered. He still has plenty of room for improvement.

Comment

• For me Harry holds key to form lines of Sam & Lami , Nichols and Rockafella held on form . These two are the two big improvers and barring accidents I believe stayers hurdle between the two.Ground will be key to who comes out on top.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                                For me Harry holds key to form lines of Sam & Lami , Nichols and Rockafella held on form . These two are the two big improvers and barring accidents I believe stayers hurdle between the two.Ground will be key to who comes out on top.
                                With hindsight, Nichols Canyon may not be held by UNWIMH? .... Mullins peaked all his horses for that Thursday of the festival (UDS, Yorkhill, Let's Dance, Nichols Canyon) all went on to get beaten AFTER the festival....

If he gets NC there on the day, I would fully expect him to be 100%. If he is, then he has a HUGE chance of being another multiple winner for Wylie/Willie in the race...

I was quite happy to have NC and UNWIMH coupled and that hasn't worked out perfectly in but it's been said before, that NC is still unexposed at the trip having only run twice at the distance....just as a comparison, the unexposed L'ami Serge is in the same boat...

Comment

Working...
                                X