Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Matt Chapman has confirmed that Douvan does not run tomorrow.

Comment

• Nice return off a presenting percy un de sceaux double but have a nagging feeling frodon might spoil the party. Seems to love this new course and think he will give un de sceaux most to think about

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        Nice return off a presenting percy un de sceaux double but have a nagging feeling frodon might spoil the party. Seems to love this new course and think he will give un de sceaux most to think about
        Why would you think Frodon is going to reverse the form with Cue Card? It isn't as if Cue Card doesn't like Cheltenham. Frodon's improvement has also coincided with being ridden by Bryony Frost.

Comment

• The horse in the Ryanair who has the achieved the highest RPR this year... Frodon

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
            Why would you think Frodon is going to reverse the form with Cue Card? It isn't as if Cue Card doesn't like Cheltenham. Frodon's improvement has also coincided with being ridden by Bryony Frost.
            No real excuse for that performance at ascot, he was a bit free I guess. If you consider horses for courses though he beat Shantou Flyer and Coo Star Sivola 20 lengths back at Cheltenham on this track over heavy in January.. that’s serious enough form given their runs this week. I don’t think frodon was given a hard time at ascot, for cue card to run up to that level again after a gruelling race there at 12 years old, can’t see it

Comment

• Balko des Flos has gone from everyone’s favourite tip to friendless in the market and out to 14s

Comment

• That is a remarkable drift.

Can't be ground related can it... must be not right?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                  No real excuse for that performance at ascot, he was a bit free I guess. If you consider horses for courses though he beat Shantou Flyer and Coo Star Sivola 20 lengths back at Cheltenham on this track over heavy in January.. that’s serious enough form given their runs this week. I don’t think frodon was given a hard time at ascot, for cue card to run up to that level again after a gruelling race there at 12 years old, can’t see it
                  I worry about wide margin wins on dire ground. A strict interpretation of that Cheltenham does look good but but for me there was only one horse at the races that day. I would far sooner take the Ascot race as a more solid reflection of their relative merits.

I think if Cue Card reproduces something near to that Ascot run he wins. He can be sent forward in the knowledge he stays but I suspect they are going to have to hold on to Un De Sceaux. I don't see him winning but the race style of Balko Des Flos might be a bigger danger to Cue Card than Un De Sceaux.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                    I worry about wide margin wins on dire ground. A strict interpretation of that Cheltenham does look good but but for me there was only one horse at the races that day. I would far sooner take the Ascot race as a more solid reflection of their relative merits.

I think if Cue Card reproduces something near to that Ascot run he wins. He can be sent forward in the knowledge he stays but I suspect they are going to have to hold on to Un De Sceaux. I don't see him winning but the race style of Balko Des Flos might be a bigger danger to Cue Card than Un De Sceaux.
                    I think if Cue Card reproduces something near to that Ascot run he wins too, but I don't think it's possible so haven't a penny on him. Would be happy enough to see him go in even if it would be a blow to my pocket as it would be an incredible story and the moment of the festival

Comment

• Sub Lieutenant first 3 would do me here. Would love UDS to win for the bank, but Cue Card would be the story!

Comment

• Unbelievable performance from balko des flos. I though He was q rotten price and still not big enough today. Where did he hide that performance.
                        Very well done to backers.
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• The one I didn't want

Comment

• The drift was ridiculous?!

Younger legs have exposed UDS there...

Absolutely no excuses...

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                              The drift was ridiculous?!

Younger legs have exposed UDS there...

Absolutely no excuses...
                              I wanted to be against him but everything got injured. I avoid3d uds but Diddnt fancy balko des flos in any way.
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• There was no real support for Cue Card and I suspect they probably knew. Sad to go out like that.

Hard to know if the Ascot run has just taken its toll because Frodon might well have just been outclassed.

The winner has won comfortably. Bearing in mind the last winner also probably wanted better ground maybe the ground isn't that bad?

Comment

Working...
                                X