Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Looks like a decision may have been made regarding WP, if the exchanges are anything to go by. Just been matched at 34.

Comment

• patrick mullins seems unsure about where douvan is going which is contrary to what we've been hearing from everyone else. i thought min might switch here but maybe douvan now. just cant see ricci running possibly his two best horses in the same race when theres a good chance neither of them will win

Comment

• Originally posted by riccirich View Post
        patrick mullins seems unsure about where douvan is going which is contrary to what we've been hearing from everyone else. i thought min might switch here but maybe douvan now. just cant see ricci running possibly his two best horses in the same race when theres a good chance neither of them will win
        I imagine both will be left in tomorrow... despite plenty of comments saying they'd both go CC.

Don't blame them though - if something happened to Un De Sceaux in the next few days they'd be mental to not have left one of them in it.

Comment

• do you think they would run douvan in ryanair regardless of whether uds is in it though? either way mullins is going to have to run him against another one of his and knowing his cautious approach one piece of slightly below par work from douvan or even just cold feet thinking about his long absence might be after getting him thinking about this race for him. just the vibe i got from patrick today along with the fact ricci seems to just want a winner at cheltenham in the easiest race possible for his horse [as we've seen with vautour and limini in the past] has me thinking douvans going here

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
            Looks like a decision may have been made regarding WP, if the exchanges are anything to go by. Just been matched at 34.
            Per Dave Yates Twitter has lost weight since Ascot and going to Bowl at Aintree

Comment

• Brian Hughes said he wasn’t running at Cartmel preview night.

Comment

• If WP's non participation is confirmed later today, then at least we will have had a totally consistent line from connections though if Malcolm had still been alive, the message would probably have been a bit more blunt. Maybe Aintree was always the plan.

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                  Per Dave Yates Twitter has lost weight since Ascot and going to Bowl at Aintree
                  Would that be Dave Yates losing weight? wouldn't be a bad thing

Comment

• Originally posted by festival fanatic View Post
                    If WP's non participation is confirmed later today, then at least we will have had a totally consistent line from connections though if Malcolm had still been alive, the message would probably have been a bit more blunt. Maybe Aintree was always the plan.
                    Given that every single comment from the trainer was negative about running why they needed quite so long to announce the inevitable I don't though. The only inconsistency was the entry in the first place, a complete waste. All the supposed problems with the track were there at the time and will always be there. If they are truly consistent they will never run at Cheltenham.

Comment

• Maybe the Ryanair was an insurance in case he had a setback for Ascot? If he had missed that, the race falls in a heap, then on suitable ground maybe you run? We'll never find out because the man behind it has gone to a better place......

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
                        Given that every single comment from the trainer was negative about running why they needed quite so long to announce the inevitable I don't though. The only inconsistency was the entry in the first place, a complete waste. All the supposed problems with the track were there at the time and will always be there. If they are truly consistent they will never run at Cheltenham.
                        Perhaps the car park faces the wrong way. Im convinced GE quote was meant for a certain trainer.

Comment

• Waiting Patiently.... they're going to run at Aintree on good to soft.... And its undulations being given as the reason not ground and joints anymore.

Full circle, I'm back to thinking it's a rubbish decision... I've not rad the article fully yet though in the SL website.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            Waiting Patiently.... they're going to run at Aintree on good to soft.... And its undulations being given as the reason not ground and joints anymore.

Full circle, I'm back to thinking it's a rubbish decision... I've not rad the article fully yet though in the SL website.
                            I read earlier that he had lost weight since beating Cue Card and they weren't prepared to risk him if he wasn't 100%

Comment

• 14 left in the Ryanair, 7 trained by WPM

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                                I read earlier that he had lost weight since beating Cue Card and they weren't prepared to risk him if he wasn't 100%
                                Whatever the reason they've given us ... it is not the one they had said about his well being on the ground ... So I'm very disappointed in connections ...

It says they're not sure he'll ever like Cheltenham too now, so have to enjoy him elsewhere and reason to be against him if they get 'forced' in to going for the Gold Cup with a bold show I the King George ...

Comment

Working...
                                X