Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Only if both Min and Douvan both missed the QMCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
      Are you lads still moaning about Waiting Patiently?
      I think it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek as we know the inevitable is just around the corner.

Seriously, although I find the decision mystifying, I find it a good deal more mystifying why every fan wouldn't want to see him running.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
        I think it's all a bit tongue-in-cheek as we know the inevitable is just around the corner.

Seriously, although I find the decision mystifying, I find it a good deal more mystifying why every fan wouldn't want to see him running.
        I would like to see him run also, but if its not right its not right... Many good horses has missed cheltenham and went on to win at aintree...

Comment

• Interesting from the preview that David Casey thinks the Ryanair is amde for Yorkhill and he'd be very keen to run him!

Really hope that is how the cookie crumbles!

Comment

I don't want to see him have a career ending injury for the sake of running in the Ryanair at chelt. Has his whole future ahead of him.
            They have done an amazing job with him so far
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              I don't want to see him have a career ending injury for the sake of running in the Ryanair at chelt. Has his whole future ahead of him.
              Couldn’t agree more, this is the Ryanair Chase we’re talking about not the Gold Cup, which I believe is the horses long term aim

Comment

So what you imply is those that want to see him run want to see him injured. That's absolute rubbish.

All horses risk injury each time they run.

And to be fair you wouldn't have a clue whether they have done an amazing job or not. He could have been trained by someone else and been just as good, if not better.

Malcolm Jefferson trained for a long time and this policy of supposedly bringing horses along gradually (strangely at odds with his success in bumpers) hasn't resulted in a long list of top class horses.

The horse might be better for a more attacking policy. Fact is unless they try nobody knows.

Comment

So what you imply is those that want to see him run want to see him injured. That's absolute rubbish.

All horses risk injury each time they run.

And to be fair you wouldn't have a clue whether they have done an amazing job or not. He could have been trained by someone else and been just as good, if not better.

Malcolm Jefferson trained for a long time and this policy of supposedly bringing horses along gradually (strangely at odds with his success in bumpers) hasn't resulted in a long list of top class horses.

The horse might be better for a more attacking policy. Fact is unless they try nobody knows.
                  I don't think it's about injury so much, i'm sure with the likely ground on the thursday they could run him confidently without ruining/injuring the horse. But they have a long term plan mapped out which probably doesn't take in this race. I wouldn't be at all surprised to see him run (and have him backed), decision coming on friday i think, but even if he does I wouldn't necessarily have him ahead of Un De Sceaux on soft ground

Comment

• I've loaded up on Yorkhill nrnb, I can't get last years JLT out of my head and he was brilliant. Hard to see why they would revert to hurdles with him, the link between his two latest and disappointing runs for me is P Townend, he didn't look like he could handle the horse. If he has a problem beyond that it won't be a return to hurdles that fixes it, they can't say he hasn't taken to fences, so why not come here, better ground, hopefully, will be a major plus, but maybe they're not sure who would ride, David or Danny Mullins is a better option for him than PT, wherever he goes

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                      I've loaded up on Yorkhill nrnb, I can't get last years JLT out of my head and he was brilliant. Hard to see why they would revert to hurdles with him, the link between his two latest and disappointing runs for me is P Townend, he didn't look like he could handle the horse. If he has a problem beyond that it won't be a return to hurdles that fixes it, they can't say he hasn't taken to fences, so why not come here, better ground, hopefully, will be a major plus, but maybe they're not sure who would ride, David or Danny Mullins is a better option for him than PT, wherever he goes
                      I would say this is made for him and I do think he is an extremely difficult ride. UDS is not getting any younger but 10 year olds have won this in the not too distant past.

Also Vautour, Uxizandre, Dynaste all won this after finishing top 2 in Jewson/JLT year before.

Comment

• Would Ruby pick Yorkhill over UDS ?

Both two time festival winners but only one in form ?

Comment

• Originally posted by Old Vic View Post
                          Would Ruby pick Yorkhill over UDS ?

Both two time festival winners but only one in form ?
                          Unikley to have to make that decision. But no I don't think he would.
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

As you said Scooby unlikely to have to make that decision but what would Yorkhill go off if he runs in this and Ruby is on board? 5/2JF?

Comment

Be interesting to see how much pull David Casey has in the yard as hes openly said he wants Yorkhill in the Ryanair and Next Destination in the Albert Bartlett at preview nights.

Either way Ruby has a tough decision to make, Yorkhill/Faugheen or Yorkhill/UDS

Comment

• I'm not sure I could fancy Yorkhill anywhere at the moment without Ruby back on board.

Comment

Working...
                                X