Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    May be to my detriment but certainly has payed off handsomely in previous years, but i can't touch any mullins horse that's standout top price with pp/ Betfair. Vvm in the mares market another that seems to good to be true

I won't go into detail but either they're traders are phenomenal or .......
    interesting that the 2 in question seemed to walk past the gallops when samcro was working, when they cut from 16s to 8s before anyone else, or any news in public domain.
    I do always take note of the prices however I can think of examples of them being biggest price then cutting to become shortest enough times to not use it as a hard-and-fast rule (just on the last few years!) but Betfair are top price every single horse until you get down to Top Notch, so I'll take my chances that they're just not taking much action on the race and want my pennies now.

It doesn't shock me to see Faugheen was biggest price with PP/Betfair and BetBright for a long time, even with the Ruby and Mullins interviews over the last few weeks

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
      I do always take note of the prices however I can think of examples of them being biggest price then cutting to become shortest enough times to not use it as a hard-and-fast rule (just on the last few years!) but Betfair are top price every single horse until you get down to Top Notch, so I'll take my chances that they're just not taking much action on the race and want my pennies now.

It doesn't shock me to see Faugheen was biggest price with PP/Betfair and BetBright for a long time, even with the Ruby and Mullins interviews over the last few weeks

Agree with everything else. But pp bf were the 1st to cut faugheen from 8s to 6s before the news, that's when I took a Chance on him.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

With regards to Betfair, are you both able to put on e/way multiples, it's either they don't allow them on AP bets this year, or my account has been restricted, hoping the former, but also another reason why they may hold their prices longer as the e/way element has been taken out of multi's? Just a thought.

Tried getting on this morning and can't even do a e/way double

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          With regards to Betfair, are you both able to put on e/way multiples, it's either they don't allow them on AP bets this year, or my account has been restricted, hoping the former, but also another reason why they may hold their prices longer as the e/way element has been taken out of multi's? Just a thought.

Tried getting on this morning and can't even do a e/way double

I'm unaware myself, very rarely do antepost multiple. Win only singles for me.

However I did just try without confirming and it let me add large amounts in an ew double to the bet slip. Without coming up with the red message I sometimes get on singles with a simular return
          Last edited by Scooby91; 23 October 2017, 08:15 AM.

Comment

Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            I'm unaware myself, very rarely do antepost multiple. Win only singles for me.

However I did just try without confirming and it let me add large amounts in an ew double to the bet slip. Without coming up with the red message I sometimes get on singles with a simular return
            Cheers Scooby, must just be my account!!

Comment

Had a bet on Great Field for this at attractive price on betfair 36/1 , taking gamble he turns up but think he got real class. His jumping worries me , but then again so did UDS jumping ,hopefully he settles a bit better now.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                Had a bet on Great Field for this at attractive price on betfair 36/1 , taking gamble he turns up but think he got real class. His jumping worries me , but then again so did UDS jumping ,hopefully he settles a bit better now.
                Great field would be the quickest horse in the champion Chase imo. Out of all the mullins horses I'd be absolutely certain he would stay over 2 miles. Id even be worried about him going too fast and cutting his own throat in the champion chase, like He did in the county hurdle.
                He was extremely keen in his runs in France too.
                However you could well prove me wrong.
                Last edited by Scooby91; 23 October 2017, 07:09 PM.

Comment

Cue Card, among the most popular horses in training, will head to Wetherby on Saturday for the bet365 Charlie Hall Chase in better shape than last year, according to trainer Colin Tizzard.

Tizzard, speaking in a Racing Post Stable Tour, saw the son of King's Theatre finish third in the Wetherby highlight 12 months ago, but hopes the nine-time Grade 1 winner can repeat his 2015 victory in the race.

The 11-year-old is then likely to try to emulate the mighty Kauto Star's record of four victories in the Betfair Chase at Haydock before another crack at Kempton's 32Red King George VI Chase.

Cue Card has, however, fallen in the last two Cheltenham Gold Cups, so his camp could target the Ryanair Chase, a race he won in 2013, this spring.

"I think he's better this autumn than he was 12 months ago," said Tizzard. "We took him to Wincanton for a gallop and he finished eight lengths ahead of a 155-rated horse.

"After Christmas it'll be Ascot [for the Ascot Chase] and then on to Cheltenham where we'd have a good think about the Gold Cup because he's fallen in it the last twice, and maybe the Ryanair is an option."
                  I assume people will see this through the day ... the last line seems conclusive enough that Cue Card will be heading here and he would have to have a big chance on previous form, so a lot will depend on how "much ability he retains" ... I took 36.0 on the exchange for 1pt but I'd consider him at shorter as this will surely be the target?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                    I assume people will see this through the day ... the last line seems conclusive enough that Cue Card will be heading here and he would have to have a big chance on previous form, so a lot will depend on how "much ability he retains" ... I took 36.0 on the exchange for 1pt but I'd consider him at shorter as this will surely be the target?
                    When Douvan turns up they may all scarper anyway ;-)

Comment

Can't believe I've even taken the time to check that Douvan is a 10/1 shot for this race

Comment

If Douvan turns up here , I"ll run around Cleeve Hill starkers lol.

One bad run , in which reason was found. You have to remember previously how Mullins/Walsh enthuse about him.

Firmly of the belief its Champion or Gold Cup , I personally think they have been very coy and playing the hype down around Douvan well being deliberately and what distance he will run at this season.

Comment

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                          If Douvan turns up here , I"ll run around Cleeve Hill starkers lol.

One bad run , in which reason was found. You have to remember previously how Mullins/Walsh enthuse about him.

Firmly of the belief its Champion or Gold Cup , I personally think they have been very coy and playing the hype down around Douvan well being deliberately and what distance he will run at this season.
                          While the image is slightly disturbing , I think that the reasoning and conclusion is pretty sound.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                            While the image is slightly disturbing , I think that the reasoning and conclusion is pretty sound.
                            At the risk of it sounding like I want to see The Beast in the nude.... I have to say I wouldn't be as effusive in saying it is one of the two?

Nobody (bar jono ) wants to see Douvan in this race... but it is a grade 1 that counts the same as any other... and I think Mullins and even moreso Walsh care about that...

Let us hope it is one of the many times I am wrong
                            Last edited by Kevloaf; 30 October 2017, 06:28 PM.

Comment

Min and/or Djakadam are way more likely to run here as things stand now. From Ruby's point of view there's also UDS. So far in advance, 10/1 Douvan is laughable.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                                Min and/or Djakadam are way more likely to run here as things stand now. From Ruby's point of view there's also UDS. So far in advance, 10/1 Douvan is laughable.
                                Most ante post prices are laughable tbf, Tizzard for instance has actually come out and said that the QMCC is Fox Nortons target, yet the bookies install him as favourite, at least backing one of Min or Douvan in this based on your own opinion of which race they go for is something that neither trainer not owner have confirmed. Can't grasp how Fox Norton is favourite for this race given his trainers comments. Worse value than Douvan for me at this current moment.

Comment

Working...
                                X