Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• That's how I see it at the moment.

They can have a crack at Altior with Min that they've talked up for their entire careers ... especially with Altior not having a prep run and UDS can defend his crown here ... but Ruby will be on Yorkhill and run him down after the last

Comment

• I wouldn’t be opposing Yorkhill at Cheltenham with Ruby on board, and dropping him back to 2 miles wouldn’t make much sense to me, we know for sure he stays 2m 5 around Cheltenham if ridden in the right manner

Comment

• I had a small bet on Min in this, but have just backed Yorkhill at 10/1 with Hills. Willing to forego the safety net of NRNB for such a big difference. Also done the Min QMCC and Yorkhill Ryanair double boosted to 60/1 with Hills again.

Comment

• Think this is the one time of year you can get some value in the Mullins bingo stakes. The bookies have to have Yorkhill down for the Champion Hurdle, Champion Chase and Ryanair, but reading between the lines I think the Ryanair is by far the most likely. 10s with Hills is standout

Comment

• I don't understand why they're so big about him, with their concession. They must be pretty sure he goes elsewhere... and based on what trip he'll run over next then you can see the point, but as jono pointed out before (and Ruby has just confirmed in his blog) they really have no option other than 2m next time left handed.

There is no doubt that he won't get the Ryanair trip either having won a JLT so I can see him running well over 2m and then stepping up for the Ryanair quite feasibly.

If there WAS a left handed 2m4f race on that weekend, I'd be confident he went there and would be much shorter for this race already

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              I don't understand why they're so big about him, with their concession. They must be pretty sure he goes elsewhere... and based on what trip he'll run over next then you can see the point, but as jono pointed out before (and Ruby has just confirmed in his blog) they really have no option other than 2m next time left handed.

There is no doubt that he won't get the Ryanair trip either having won a JLT so I can see him running well over 2m and then stepping up for the Ryanair quite feasibly.

If there WAS a left handed 2m4f race on that weekend, I'd be confident he went there and would be much shorter for this race already
              Iv got quite a bit on him at 28.0 for this, nothing for any other race so I hope he goes here. His price looks a bit big for a yard who likes a punt, if he was nailed on to go here. But its still early days.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Iv got quite a bit on him at 28.0 for this, nothing for any other race so I hope he goes here. His price looks a bit big for a yard who likes a punt, if he was nailed on to go here. But its still early days.
                I think your on a good bet there as long as Min doesn't get injured.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                  I think your on a good bet there as long as Min doesn't get injured.
                  I'm not sure. I'm more confident about others I've backed in the race tbh. But it will be a bonus if he goes there.
                  Probably all comes down to who ruby wants to ride in the qmcc in regards to yorkhill coming here or not
                  https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                  Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• What odds Mullins to win this race

An entry for Black Hercules, Benie Des Dieux, Killultagh Vic, Acapella Bourgeois, American Tom, Bachasson, Bellshill, Djakadam, Douvan, Min, Polidam, Total Recall, Un De Sceaux and Yorkhill.

Safe to assume VVM is not running at the festival?

Comment

• Wouldnt be the biggest shock in the world if they bypass the Cheltenham festival with Yorkhill and go straight to Aintree.

Find it hard to believe they dont know what his best trip is and either hurdles or fences ,totally baffling.

Comment

• Worth bearing in mind that there is still a supplementary entry stage for the championship races.

Comment

• Originally posted by The Beast View Post
                          Wouldnt be the biggest shock in the world if they bypass the Cheltenham festival with Yorkhill and go straight to Aintree.

Find it hard to believe they dont know what his best trip is and either hurdles or fences ,totally baffling.
                          That would be a huge shock to me The Beast considering he won there last year.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            What odds Mullins to win this race

An entry for Black Hercules, Benie Des Dieux, Killultagh Vic, Acapella Bourgeois, American Tom, Bachasson, Bellshill, Djakadam, Douvan, Min, Polidam, Total Recall, Un De Sceaux and Yorkhill.

Safe to assume VVM is not running at the festival?
                            Oh yes , Bellshill entered Kev , I was hoping for the gold cup , but will have to have a saver in this race !

Comment

• I'm actually very taken with Yorkhill for this now. Course form at the distance over both obstacles. Tempted to take the 10s without nrnb. Wouldn't be the first time Mullins has sent the initial gold cup hope here

Comment

• The WH offer is a free bet if running in a different race which does make the 10/1 a bit more appealing too.

I find it incredible that the list of Mullins horses are so appealing. I could fancy any of them in the right circumstance (bar Bellshill maybe haha)

Comment

Working...
                                X