Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    IF we start talking about the price then that is different, of course. Price is everything.... but....

In terms on last years Ryanair, for me you can massivly UPGRADE the performance because of how keen he was. IF he settled, they'd not have been closing on him at the end... but he had the race won before that anyway IMO.

UDS peaked for March too, 6 weeks later on good to yeilding over a 2m is enough of a change in circumstances for me to not write off a 1.75L defeat to Fox Norton, who was beaten a head in the CC over 2m. Definitely couldn't use that form as proof than FN holds UDS over 2m5f at Chelt with soft in the going.

Although, similarly strongly to your opinion....... if Fox Norton goes Ryanair and goes off fav, I'll lay him all day
    You can't massivley upgrade it. Thats his run style he's not going to drop in and settle if he runs again this year.
    He beat nothing that would get at all close in this year's ryaniar in any of his runs last year.

He's beat sire de grugy, aso, uxixandre, sub lieutenant and top gamble. An uninspiring bunch
    Last edited by Scooby91; 10 January 2018, 05:42 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• His run style is to front run and bowl along. That is different to him pulling himself to the front and Ruby having no control over how fast he's going. I know he can do that, and won in spite of it... but he hasn't done that on every race. The majority of the time he settles now in front and goes at his pace. In the Ryanair he didn't settle until down the back and still won.

We also don't know what'll be in the Ryanair yet...

Definite runners - Top Notch, Balko Des Flos....?

Then I wouldn't say its 100% for: Fox Norton, Min, Yorkhill, Douvan, Road To Respect, Might Bite, Disko, Djakadam, Politilogue, Cloudy Dream, Benie Des Dieux, Coney Island, Charbel, Waiting Paitently, Bachasson and next in the oddschecker list is Sub Lieutenant again...

Terrible race could well be in store again
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 10 January 2018, 05:51 PM. Reason: Just saw a quote that BDF goes to Ryanair

Comment

His run style is to front run and bowl along. That is different to him pulling himself to the front and Ruby having no control over how fast he's going. I know he can do that, and won in spite of it... but he hasn't done that on every race. The majority of the time he settles now in front and goes at his pace. In the Ryanair he didn't settle until down the back and still won.

We also don't know what'll be in the Ryanair yet...

Definite runners - Top Notch....?

Then I wouldn't say its 100% for: Fox Norton, Min, Yorkhill, Douvan, Road To Respect, Might Bite, Disko, Balko Des Flos, Djakadam, Politilogue, Cloudy Dream, Benie Des Dieux, Coney Island, Charbel, Waiting Paitently, Bachasson and next in the oddschecker list is Sub Lieutenant again...

Terrible race could well be in store again
        I see it far different to yourself . Hes done that on every run over further both here and France. Against the likes of aso and uxizadre your clearly going to win.
        Against the opposition that will be there inc... top notch,
        We shall see on the day if uds runs. But I'd be certain I know the outcome.

Comment

• I like Top Notch, as mentioned, I've backed him at 16s and 29.0 ..... but I can only see Top Notch and Balko Des Flos as definite runners so far... even UDS isn't a certain runner. I wouldn't back UDS at his current price either .... but I am fully expecting a better horse from the same yard to turn up here still which is part of the reason why... rather than fear that a horse like Fox Norton can beat him. Ground too important to be bullish about UDS but my point is, even on good to soft ground, Fox Norton still hasn't got a level of form to make him a sure thing to beat UDS.

I don't see how you can say you'd be certain you'd know the outcome than FN can beat UDS. Ryanair, on heavy. I'd be as confident I knew the outcome too....

I hope they end up joint favs e'll be betting against each other!

Comment

• Does Killultagh Vic still have this race as an option? Can’t find the entries

Comment

I like Top Notch, as mentioned, I've backed him at 16s and 29.0 ..... but I can only see Top Notch and Balko Des Flos as definite runners so far... even UDS isn't a certain runner. I wouldn't back UDS at his current price either .... but I am fully expecting a better horse from the same yard to turn up here still which is part of the reason why... rather than fear that a horse like Fox Norton can beat him. Ground too important to be bullish about UDS but my point is, even on good to soft ground, Fox Norton still hasn't got a level of form to make him a sure thing to beat UDS.

I don't see how you can say you'd be certain you'd know the outcome than FN can beat UDS. Ryanair, on heavy. I'd be as confident I knew the outcome too....

I hope they end up joint favs e'll be betting against each other!
              Would be funny laying against each other but iv got far bigger winners in the book than fox norton. If its soft heavy uds won't be in the Ryanair that is for certain. But it honestly dosent worry me at all if it isn't soft and he does run

My ideal fantasy race as a viewer and punter would be.
              Charbel
              Fox Norton
              Un de sceaux
              Djakadam
              Coney island
              Ballyoision
              Top notch
              Yorkhill
              Kilultagh vic.
              Vroum vroum mag
              Some no hopers (ie anything behind un de sceaux last year) .....
              Last edited by Scooby91; 10 January 2018, 06:20 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                Does Killultagh Vic still have this race as an option? Can’t find the entries
                Just seen now that he doesn’t

Comment

• Talking nonsense here, apparently Ryanair and champion chase entries not yet revealed

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                    Talking nonsense here, apparently Ryanair and champion chase entries not yet revealed
                    I nearly skipped a beat then.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                      I nearly skipped a beat then.
                      I like him for this race

Comment

Would be funny laying against each other but iv got far bigger winners in the book than fox norton. If its soft heavy uds won't be in the Ryanair that is for certain. But it honestly dosent worry me at all if it isn't soft and he does run

My ideal fantasy race as a viewer and punter would be.
                        Charbel
                        Fox Norton
                        Un de sceaux
                        Djakadam
                        Coney island
                        Ballyoision
                        Top notch
                        Yorkhill
                        Kilultagh vic.
                        Vroum vroum mag
                        Some no hopers (ie anything behind un de sceaux last year) .....
                        I'd add might bite to that tbf.

Comment

I'd add might bite to that tbf.
                          I'd like to see Altior run against Might Bite over this trip. Not at the expense of him in the CC obviously, but just as a mythical match up

Comment

I'd like to see Altior run against Might Bite over this trip. Not at the expense of him in the CC obviously, but just as a mythical match up
                            That would be some rave I'd expect altior to win but would be interesting to see how hed go possibly off the bridle in his usual fashion but with a long way left.

Comment

• PULLING THE REIGNS ON YORKHILL

It looks as though Yorkhill will drop back in trip from three miles after his run in the Leopardstown Chase. I don’t know where that will be as a couple of the 2m 4f contests in Ireland are on right-handed tracks and we know that won’t suit him. The other option is to drop right back to two miles. Time will tell.

That to me sound very much like the intermediate trip left handed is exactly what Yorkhill needs.

Market leader is UDS and they KNOW Yorkhill would beat him, And he'll also guarantee a strong pace for him ... second fav is Top Notch, who they beat last season.

I very much think if Altior runs in the CC, that yorkhill will run here. The Altior Yorkhill double is on again
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 January 2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

PULLING THE REIGNS ON YORKHILL

It looks as though Yorkhill will drop back in trip from three miles after his run in the Leopardstown Chase. I don’t know where that will be as a couple of the 2m 4f contests in Ireland are on right-handed tracks and we know that won’t suit him. The other option is to drop right back to two miles. Time will tell.

That to me sound very much like the intermediate trip left handed is exactly what Yorkhill needs.

Market leader is UDS and they KNOW Yorkhill would beat him, And he'll also guarantee a strong pace for him ... second fav is Top Notch, who they beat last season.

I very much think if Altior runs in the CC, that yorkhill will run here. The Altior Yorkhill double is on again
                                I’ve got Yorkhill covered any race but feel the need to top up for whichever race he’s being aimed at and now is probably the time to take that plunge pricewise. I think long term they’re still going to see him as a Gold Cup horse so will work with him with that as the aim. That in mind I agree that he seems more likely for the Ryanair this time around. Min Champion Chase, Yorkhill Ryanair, Un De Sceaux to join Min if it’s soft ground or Yorkhill in Ryanair if good ground?

Comment

Working...
                                X