Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I'd be surprised if FN didn't turn up here. And for me sets the standard of the confirmed runners.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
      I'd be surprised if FN didn't turn up here. And for me sets the standard of the confirmed runners.
      Where is the standard setting form? The Mildmay win, beating Sub Leuitenant? Or getting beaten in the CC and TC but staying on?

Completely disagree that's better than Top Notch's form so far and if FN goes King George he's potentially a gold cup runner?

Have they given up the 2m dream now? The pull of the Ryanair against a likely Mullins hotpot is enough for me to doubt he'll run here .... I think you'd be insane you have 6/1 now on FN

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Where is the standard setting form? The Mildmay win, beating Sub Leuitenant? Or getting beaten in the CC and TC but staying on?

Completely disagree that's better than Top Notch's form so far and if FN goes King George he's potentially a gold cup runner?

Have they given up the 2m dream now? The pull of the Ryanair against a likely Mullins hotpot is enough for me to doubt he'll run here .... I think you'd be insane you have 6/1 now on FN
        I took it big yesterday. Along with 50.0 gold cup.

I rate him 2/1 Ryanair NRNB honestly.

He deffo won't go qmcc
        Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 11:14 AM.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Fair enough. I'd lay 2/1 now if I could. I think he'd be bigger than that on the day too.

Comment

Fair enough. I'd lay 2/1 now if I could. I think he'd be bigger than that on the day too.
            6/1 is huge imo. And 50.0 gold cup huge also.
            I honestly really rate him over 2m4.

Comment

The yard have given up on a lot of dreams after yesterday I think

Comment

Fair enough. I'd lay 2/1 now if I could. I think he'd be bigger than that on the day too.
                I wouldn't back 2/1 nrnb .But I wouldn't want to lay it.
                I certainly wouldn't want to lay 6/1 antepost.

Comment

• Do we think UDS will win today. If so how will the market be affected do we think?

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                    Do we think UDS will win today. If so how will the market be affected do we think?
                    UdS Gets his conditions. Ballyoision wants decent ground. Id have backed ballyoision at 5/1 on good to soft today. One to watch rather than bet in today. No idea how would effect odds if uds wins.

Comment

• UDS couldn't really have done it any easier, good to see the big guns coming back, Sizing John too looked awesome

Comment

• Couldn't help but he impressed with UDS, visually very good.. I just get the impression that he goes so well on that ground that when every thing else starts to tire 4f from home (over 2m) he can keep going a fair bit longer.. hence the winning distance.. I just feel that as you saw in the QMCC on better ground, better horses can go his pace for a lot longer and them see him off with a turn of foot or stamina up the hill.. my 3 plays in the race so far are MIN (any race 15:2) waiting patiently 20/1 and top notch 16/1.. can't knock UDS for what he's achieved but think the above are a little value.. very interested in the mare benie des deaux see where she ends up

Comment

• I've considered Paitently Waiting too cwright.

I agree with UDS too, I honestly think if the ground had Heavy in the going he'd win a Ryanair or CC. From an ante-post perspective, because he is so ground dependant to be at his best, then he'seasy to pass over at the trimmed price now.... but when NRNB comes out one of the first bets I'll have will be UDS in the CC!

Won't run unless its Heavy and I anticipate they'll price him up wrong.

Comment

• Did anyone see Top Notch's performance today? I missed to buy notice he has been cut again by most bookies. Did he impress?

Comment

• I watched the race FM. Not overly impressed with the performance. Jumping a bit scruffy. Wont be winning at the festival with a repeat of that performance Imo. And then you have that nasty trend of Peterborough Chase winners attempting to win at the festival.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                                Did anyone see Top Notch's performance today? I missed to buy notice he has been cut again by most bookies. Did he impress?
                                Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                                I watched the race FM. Not overly impressed with the performance. Jumping a bit scruffy. Wont be winning at the festival with a repeat of that performance Imo. And then you have that nasty trend of Peterborough Chase winners attempting to win at the festival.
                                A few jumps weren't great and didn't wing the last this time but over 80% we're jumped with his nice efficant style.... won as his odds implied, everything was off the bridle and he just got asked to extend after the last.....

The "winner of the Peterborough Chase" stat wouldn't concern me in any year, as Riverside Theatre, Menorah, Hunt Ball, Somersby, Captain Chris, Wishful Thinking, Al Ferof, More of That are all good horses and plenty of them have proven to be fine at Cheltenham, whether it is the same year is just pure coincedence..... PLUS the race wasn't even at the same track so you're literally only using the name of the race as an exact comparision to other years....

Surely doc you have to strike a line through that stat this year?

I'd much prefer the 10/1 about Top Notch that 6/1 about Fox Norton at this stage! Perfectly happy to have TN at 29/1 exchanges and 15/1 each way.

Comment

Working...
                                X