Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
    Interesting, I'd be sure he'd beat horses hill.
    Me too!

Comment

Interesting, I'd be sure he'd beat horses hill.
      I believe top notch runs there . A few other decent ones
      Ptit zig interesting he goes chasing again.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I wouldn't think Top Notch had anything to worry about however can't knock 3 figures and its those kind of bets where its good to be wrong oiff he does surprise me

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          I wouldn't think Top Notch had anything to worry about however can't knock 3 figures and its those kind of bets where its good to be wrong oiff he does surprise me
          Enda must have seen I backed him for this race last night on the Cheltenham bets page .

Comment

Enda must have seen I backed him for this race last night on the Cheltenham bets page .
            Only just seen om sporting life. Sounds like top notch could side step this.

Comment

Ballyosin is going for the Peterborough Chase... if he can beat Josses Hill he'll shorten for the Ryanair for sure... albeit would need to improve on that
              Just remember to cross any horse that wins the Peterborough off your fez list.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                Just remember to cross any horse that wins the Peterborough off your fez list.
                It's been a while since winners of the race doubled up at Cheltenham but go back a few years and horses like Best Mate, Edredon Bleu, Marthas Son, One Man and Remittance Man all won this race.
                There's no question that any horse who has their festival prep race at tracks like Huntingdon, Ludlow and Stratford (flat tracks) has struggled when at Cheltenham, someone put up a detailed trends pack a couple of years ago and it showed something like the last 150 horses to have tried this has failed...

Comment

• Top Notch at odds against (just) in the Peterborough is one of the best bets i've seen in a while

Comment

• I am really surprised that Acapella Bourgeois does not appear in any bookmaker lists for this race. Apart from his win over 3m in the Ten Up last year (when he got a soft lead at a course where leaders can get away), he has not fully proved he is a 3m plus horse and yet he's in the Gold Cup betting but not quoted in this. On breeding, most of the sire's progeny are better at 2m-2m4f so it will be interesting to see what Mullins makes of him given he does have a lot of options for this. Ground dependency is seemingly an issue but, at this stage, I would see this race as every bit as likely as 3m 2f around the New Course in the Gold Cup.
                    He runs tomorrow in the Foxrock at Navan (2m 4f) off a mark of 149. He likes the course and I fully expect him to win; it will be interesting to see what they say about targets if he does.

Comment

• Huntingdon abandoned. So we won't see top notch.

Comment

• Bollocks, I wanted TN to win that race to keep the curse going.

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                          Bollocks, I wanted TN to win that race to keep the curse going.
                          Like the Challow hurdle curse for the Ballymore.

TN is booked for 2nd or 3rd ... begins a Mullins winner ... just don't know which

Comment

Like the Challow hurdle curse for the Ballymore.

TN is booked for 2nd or 3rd ... begins a Mullins winner ... just don't know which
                            TN could win. Min could win. Coney island could win
                            But Fox Norton the standard bearer.

I'd give un de sceaux little chance of following up.

Last year's jlt superior to the Ryanair.

Comment

• I hope TN does win at this stage!

I think UDS is a better horse than Fox Norton but father time might catch up with UDS this season.

I'd make Yorkhill, Disko and TN from the HLT favs against him so completely agree about the JLT

Fox Norton is over rated in my opinion ... obviously good enough to be a factor in the race but he's not exciting. Different distance buy the 4th home Politilogue did the firm no harm.

I think Fox Norton is a dreadful price for this at 6/1 when he's not a confirmed runner.
                              Last edited by Kevloaf; 10 December 2017, 10:52 AM.

Comment

• I think un de sceaux massively over rated he's actually beat very little of quality. And has been placed very well.
                                fox norton is quite a bit superior over 2 1/2 i rate him highly over that trip and poss further.
                                I very much like disko but I'd be pretty sure he goes gold cup. Yorkhill wouldnt be imoossible he ends here. Keep nibbling at 29.0 just incase.
                                Last edited by Scooby91; 10 December 2017, 10:57 AM.

Comment

Working...
                                X