Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by FaugheenTheMachine View Post
    Could be nothing but on another Cheltenham page someone is claiming they’ve been speaking to the owners and Saturday is basically Waiting Patientlys Cheltenham; they are missing the festival so he’s tuned to the minute for Saturday instead
    We must be on the same page. Ive seen this too

Comment

• Lads if thats the cheltenham 2012 group pay no heed to that lad. I seriously doubt he knows any connections. Hes usually an odds on punter who has showed limited knowledge in the past.
      My apologies if u are a member of this site also Michael lol
      Last edited by KingSprinterSacre; 14 February 2018, 11:06 PM.

Comment

• Thats not to say waiting patiently wont win sat, because he may well do.

Comment

• This was Ruth Jefferson in the RP quote:

"The Ryanair is his only Cheltenham option," Jefferson said. "We’ll get Saturday out of the way first before we think about that."

Probably go NRNB if you think they could be tempted to go to Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by KingSprinterSacre View Post
            Thats not to say waiting patiently wont win sat, because he may well do.
            Even if he wins on Sat
            If it's good ground (which it usually is on the Thursday) he deffinately won't run.

I'm not sure when the last time it wasn't good ground. The last consecutive years certainly has been
            Last edited by Scooby91; 15 February 2018, 06:26 AM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Even if he wins on Sat
              If it's good ground (which it usually is on the Thursday) he deffinately won't run.

I'm not sure when the last time it wasn't good ground. The last consecutive years certainly has been
              Hopefully they leave the taps on like they did last year.

That's some race on Saturday, one of the races of the season.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                Hopefully they leave the taps on like they did last year.

That's some race on Saturday, one of the races of the season.
                Must admit it is a very exciting renewal. Top notch / Coney island all the way for me. Deffinately an element of pocket talk talk there but I am a firm believer in both at this trip.

Comment

Must admit it is a very exciting renewal. Top notch / Coney island all the way for me. Deffinately an element of pocket talk talk there but I am a firm believer in both at this trip.
                  I couldn't argue with that Scooby. I'm all over Coney Island for the GC but I'm resigned to the fact that it'll be Ryanair for him this season. I'll have a bet on CI for this race ahead of Saturday.

Comment

I couldn't argue with that Scooby. I'm all over Coney Island for the GC but I'm resigned to the fact that it'll be Ryanair for him this season. I'll have a bet on CI for this race ahead of Saturday.

My only worry is the theory I have right now that
                    Douvan avoids altior goes for the ryaniar using min as an excuse of being an out and out 2 miler and being unfinished business between the 2. And the promise of trying further To look at the gold cup next year. Only To avoid altior with douvan . not sure how that would go down with the public compared to vautour.
                    Last edited by Scooby91; 15 February 2018, 07:31 AM.

Comment

My only worry is the theory I have right now that
                      Douvan avoids altior goes for the ryaniar using min as an excuse of being an out and out 2 miler and being unfinished business between the 2. And the promise of trying further To look at the gold cup next year. Only To avoid altior with douvan . not sure how that would go down with the public compared to vautour.
                      I think the public would be happy to see Douvan in any capacity. With the troubles he's had this season I wouldn't back him but would love to see him win...... If that makes any sense.

Comment

I think the public would be happy to see Douvan in any capacity. With the troubles he's had this season I wouldn't back him but would love to see him win...... If that makes any sense.
                        I respect your opinion. But it WOULDN'T sit right at all with me, being ruled out altogether for the festival. Then Back in. And then switched to the easy race to avoid the clash possibly of the decade. The one they said they wanted and couldn't wait to see. In a race they'd have no problem going for If altior was ruled out. I'd be pretty disgusted tbh.

Must say that this hasn't happened yet,
                        Last edited by Scooby91; 15 February 2018, 08:19 AM.

Comment

I respect your opinion. But it WOULDN'T sit right at all with me, being ruled out altogether for the festival. Then Back in. And then switched to the easy race to avoid the clash possibly of the decade. The one they said they wanted and couldn't wait to see. In a race they'd have no problem going for If altior was ruled out. I'd be pretty disgusted tbh.

Must say that this hasn't happened yet,
                          Scooby, just wondering what you made of the whole Vautour saga, being Gold Cup or nothing, then a switch to this race?

Same connections, and whilst it wouldn't necessarily sit right it's certainly no big surprise should it happen!!

Comment

• I was dissapointed I read it a few weeks out as PP had a market on who ruby was going to ride in the GC djakadam or vautour 10/11 the pair even though vautour was comfortable clear in the betting. a high number of people on the bf forum was applauding the "mistake" and piling on vautour for free money.

Riccis preview night where he said gold cup or nothing was very disappointing. And leaving it until the day before was also poor play.

And the fact i had valseur lido at 14/1 ew (along side smashing 33s ew) was quite the kick in the balls.
                            Last edited by Scooby91; 15 February 2018, 08:50 AM.

Comment

• There is surely no scenario where Douvan runs in the Ryanair
                              If they think he 100% then it is Champion Chase
                              If he is not 100% then he does not run
                              It would not be the first time they ran a high profile horse in the wrong race
                              However,on this occasion I can't see it happening
                              Last edited by Liammet; 15 February 2018, 09:11 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Liammet View Post
                                There is surely no scenario where Douvan runs in the Ryanair
                                If they think he 100% then it is Champion Chase
                                If he is not 100% then he does not run
                                It would not be the first time they ran a high profile horse in the wrong race
                                However,on this occasion I can't see it happening
                                What makes you so sure?? Suppose Douvan is fully fit what do you do with Min?

Comment

Working...
                                X