Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Ryanair Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Folski View Post
    Personally do not think he is good enough TT. Last years Ryanair in my opinion looks really bad I couldn't believe the price UDS was. On good ground Fox Norton should win this on all known form. On soft UDS wins.
    I'll bite ... Which piece of form from Fox Norton this season enables him to win this race?

I'd say for one, Top Notch has achieved more

Comment

• Originally posted by Trickytrickster View Post
      Is anyone else keen on top notch for this? Thinking of a Yankee across the four days with kaslasnakov blackbow and santini
      I've got Top Notch in a number of multiples.
      Still convinced he would have gone past Yorkhill last year but for getting tight to the second last...

Comment

• Had him backed last yr too and think this Yr won't be as easy for un de sceaux.

Comment

• Anyone think Yorkhill will come to the festival? And specifically, here?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
            Anyone think Yorkhill will come to the festival? And specifically, here?
            Considering he's won at the last two festivals, I will be really surprised if he doesnt myself. He's yet to run over what appears his optimum trip this season, so i think they will hope the combination of this trip, at a meeting he has shown a liking for, with Ruby back on board, will bring out the best in him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
              Considering he's won at the last two festivals, I will be really surprised if he doesnt myself. He's yet to run over what appears his optimum trip this season, so i think they will hope the combination of this trip, at a meeting he has shown a liking for, with Ruby back on board, will bring out the best in him.
              I think he’ll run but provided Mullins horses stay fit Ruby won’t be riding him. He’ll be on Min, Un De Sceaux and Faugheen in any of the races he could run in, and that is without the slim possibility Douvan runs at the meeting.

Comment

• Disko out of Cheltenham.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                  I think he’ll run but provided Mullins horses stay fit Ruby won’t be riding him. He’ll be on Min, Un De Sceaux and Faugheen in any of the races he could run in, and that is without the slim possibility Douvan runs at the meeting.
                  On good ground I honestly think he might pick Yorkhill over UDS myself. Assuming Douvan doesn't run and Min is in the QMCC.

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                    On good ground I honestly think he might pick Yorkhill over UDS myself. Assuming Douvan doesn't run and Min is in the QMCC.
                    Certainly very well thought of. Obviously was first choice ahead of Min last time.

I do think UDS is vulnerable on good ground as well. Just not sure he can get off a horse that keeps winning and will likely go off favourite.

Comment

• Originally posted by Tenty View Post
                      Certainly very well thought of. Obviously was first choice ahead of Min last time.

I do think UDS is vulnerable on good ground as well. Just not sure he can get off a horse that keeps winning and will likely go off favourite.
                      True but if he picked yorkhill, yorkhill would go off shorter than UDS?

Comment

• Keeping a close eye on Tizzard... cue Card this weekend, if he manages to bring him back with a decent run then I’ll be more confident on Fox Norton for this

Had the pick of last years form - second in champion chase

UDS, 10 year old. Will need overwatering again or rain
                        Top Notch, not convinced... those wearing the green silks always fall short at this level
                        Waiting Patiently will need soft, would be concerned he hasn’t raced at Cheltenham

Fox Norton would be my bet if he didn’t flop so badly in KG. I’d be willing to ignore that if tizzard’s yard is still firing come March

Comment

• Originally posted by opatcho View Post
                          Keeping a close eye on Tizzard... cue Card this weekend, if he manages to bring him back with a decent run then I’ll be more confident on Fox Norton for this

Had the pick of last years form - second in champion chase

UDS, 10 year old. Will need overwatering again or rain
                          Top Notch, not convinced... those wearing the green silks always fall short at this level
                          Waiting Patiently will need soft, would be concerned he hasn’t raced at Cheltenham

Fox Norton would be my bet if he didn’t flop so badly in KG. I’d be willing to ignore that if tizzard’s yard is still firing come March
                          Knocking a horses chance because the owners 'always fall short' is a pretty flawed approach opatcho?

Peace and Co?

What if footpad win the Arkle? Is Top Notch more likely to win?

Completely unrelated

Comment

• Douvan has an entry on the Red Mills....

Comment

• Ruth Jefferson confirmed today Cloudy dream goes for this...
                              Trainer Ruth Jefferson said: "He's come out of the race at Newbury fine. We took him out of the Gold Cup and he'll go for the Ryanair, that's the plan."

She continued: "He always runs well wherever he goes, but I do think he's a better horse on spring ground.

"You'd like to think he'll have a chance of getting that when Cheltenham comes around, so we'll see."

Cloudy Dream has won three of his 11 starts over fences, filling the runner-up spot on the other eight occasions.

The Trevor Hemmings-owned grey chased home Altior in the Arkle at last year's Festival and is a general 16-1 to go one better in the Ryanair.

Comment

• Could be nothing but on another Cheltenham page someone is claiming they’ve been speaking to the owners and Saturday is basically Waiting Patientlys Cheltenham; they are missing the festival so he’s tuned to the minute for Saturday instead

Comment

Working...
                                X