Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Calet Mad is running at Chelt 16:55 tomorrow
    Saw this, just taken some of the 33/1 for this race at the festival now, before he hoses up tomorrow!

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
      Saw this, just taken some of the 33/1 for this race at the festival now, before he hoses up tomorrow!
      In case anyone else wants to bet him he’s 33/1 Any race with WH

Comment

Calett Mad will love the better ground tomorrow and there should be plenty of pace in the race with a couple of likely front runners. Ill be very disappointed if he cant take this. Hopefully lays down a marker for The Festival tomorrow.

Comment

Nice from Calett Mad there. Had 4pts win today, plus 2pts e/way @ 33/1 last night, hopefully he goes 2 places better than Wholestone this year

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
            Nice from Calett Mad there. Had 4pts win today, plus 2pts e/way @ 33/1 last night, hopefully he goes 2 places better than Wholestone this year
            Very nice. His jumping could have been better but Jacob barely moved a muscle on the horse.

A little late after billymag and others made a case beforehand but i'm now also on at 33's as well. I actually cannot understand why he is such a big price?! There will be plenty more horses with fancier profiles and connections mentioned for this race but I think his rather odd profile might be ideal for this race. It's always such a touch race and can catch even the best young hurdlers out and his campaign last year will help him plenty for such a test. He's only 5 as well.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
              Very nice. His jumping could have been better but Jacob barely moved a muscle on the horse.

A little late after billymag and others made a case beforehand but i'm now also on at 33's as well. I actually cannot understand why he is such a big price?! There will be plenty more horses with fancier profiles and connections mentioned for this race but I think his rather odd profile might be ideal for this race. It's always such a touch race and can catch even the best young hurdlers out and his campaign last year will help him plenty for such a test. He's only 5 as well.
              I also think this race will become somewhat of a war of attrition, and Calett Mad has been hardened over his short career already, probably a reason why so many fancied runners of this race fail to hit the heights expected when it comes to competing in this. I don't think Calett Mad will be found wanting, should push come to shove and a battle ensues. Strange that only 2 bookmakers offer odds on him, hope this is the target race.

Comment

Still 33/1 for any race with Hills, which is slightly surprising

Comment

I find it odd too that bookies remain unchanged on odds for Calett Mad

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                    I find it odd too that bookies remain unchanged on odds for Calett Mad
                    He was pushed in that race by d Jacob diddnt look to me like he had plenty in the tank at the finish, not without a chance and it's the race for him, but I can see why he's the price he is with so many novices yet to come out or being stepped up in trip yet. And calett mad's ability over both codes being good yet exposed
                    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

I think Calett Mad proves he stays but still to prove he has the class, maybe get a chance to prove it in the Grade 2 3mile novice back at Cheltenham in December. If he goes wins or goes well there then I might have an interest

Comment

Calett Mad got an RPR of 146 1lb lower than the RPR achieved by his stable mate Wholestone in last years Chelt festival when he finished third. FWIW I didnt think it suited the horse on Saturday to make his own running and I could see him running to a bigger rating when there are horses to aim at. Good ground is essential to him but even taking that into account 33/1 is the biggest value available in the antepost markets as they stand by a mile!!!!!!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
                          Calett Mad got an RPR of 146 1lb lower than the RPR achieved by his stable mate Wholestone in last years Chelt festival when he finished third. FWIW I didnt think it suited the horse on Saturday to make his own running and I could see him running to a bigger rating when there are horses to aim at. Good ground is essential to him but even taking that into account 33/1 is the biggest value available in the antepost markets as they stand by a mile!!!!!!
                          Grinding it out from the front is a great test of character, and probably something they have done differently to last year when they had Wholestone, who mostly cruised in to contention before winning most of his pre-festival races well. It also shows enough speed to lead a race, so when the time comes tactics can be deployed how the jockey sees fit at the time. It's always good to have more than one string to your bow and Calett Mad looks a lively player in this race for me.

I still think he looks quite a heavy horse (it may just be me), maybe a reason why he was a bit untidy over some of his hurdlers, so I'm hoping, and I'm sure they will, have him ready just in time for the festival.

Lets not also forget, the 2nd in the race went close to winning a Listed Novices Hurdle in April this year too, so he's not too shoddy himself. All in all, at this VERY early stage, the form looks solid.

I keep going back, comparing Wholestone & Calett Mad, and the similarities in terms of preparation are becoming apparent in terms of dates they are being run. Wonder if we will see him at Cheltenham in November!
                          Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 30 October 2017, 01:41 PM.

Comment

You don't get many unexposed types winning the Albert Bartlett really?

That is one of the critisisms people had about Mullins (as he hadn't had much success in the race!) ... until last time, obviously.

I wouldn't mind the fact that Calett Mad is exposed.

33/1 I felt was a good bet prior to the race, and after it, I still think it is. I wouldn't go in again, but if I wasn't on, I'd get on.

Comment

Have added another one to my book for this race. Monbeg Legend (got 33s with Paddys). Having won his point back in 2015 (beating the very useful Barney Dwan in doing so), he didn’t make it to the track until June this year but quickly wrapped up three very taking hurdle wins. The form of those is strong to my eye, and he’s a massive horse whose hurdling really caught the eye. I’ve read that the Albert Bartlett should be his seasons objective, and should he remain sound and get there in one piece then I feel he’ll be a real contender

Comment

Poli Roi running again tomorrow over 2m6f... 1/2

Comment

Working...
                                X