Page 5 of 22 FirstFirst ... 3456715 ... LastLast
    Just back Callet Mad lads, job done!!! ;-)

Who you backed Callet Mad with billy? Not priced up with 365, hills or PP

Will hill 66/1, i had to ring for that price before he ran last week. He will of hated that ground so the fact that he ran to 140 RPR was very encouraging, just my opinion but hes already run to a level that would place nearly every year in this race (albeit that was over fences, but the hurdles didnt seem to be a problem). I see hes been removed from oddschecker now which seems odd, hope hes ok.

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    Will hill 66/1, i had to ring for that price before he ran last week. He will of hated that ground so the fact that he ran to 140 RPR was very encouraging, just my opinion but hes already run to a level that would place nearly every year in this race (albeit that was over fences, but the hurdles didnt seem to be a problem). I see hes been removed from oddschecker now which seems odd, hope hes ok.
    Thanks for the share billy, will keep an eye open. Hope all is ok with it too

I believe Oddschecker only keep selections up if a firm is offering odds on it, so it may be that whoever had the original price up for the horse has removed it and in turn Oddschecker have removed it too?

Maybe they had taken too much money on it ;-)

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Robith and jono. I see your points regarding the SP of the winner BUT regardless of having the actual winner, getting the fav at a bigger price still represents value and you cam utilise that in a number of ways. (Laying/arbing) for example.

I think picking the winner of this is incredibly hard as the variable of distance isn't tested until deep in to the season BUT I will still aim to have some value on the day of the race compared to SPs
    I'll still be looking to find value and beat the SP throughout the season but I imagine i'll be waiting until whoever I fancy, and like a few of the key contenders early on has had at least a run over hurdles before I form a judgement. In races like the Supreme and Neptune i'm more willing to go on reputation and previous bumper form and take a stab before a horse makes their debut (what with prices often being halved after a half decent debut). The likes of Poli Roi, Ballyward and Ravenhill Road etc have fine reputations and come into the season full of potential but these horses have often been the ones that have been turned over. Particularly as I very much doubt i'll be laying or arbing myself.

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    I'll still be looking to find value and beat the SP throughout the season but I imagine i'll be waiting until whoever I fancy, and like a few of the key contenders early on has had at least a run over hurdles before I form a judgement. In races like the Supreme and Neptune i'm more willing to go on reputation and previous bumper form and take a stab before a horse makes their debut (what with prices often being halved after a half decent debut). The likes of Poli Roi, Ballyward and Ravenhill Road etc have fine reputations and come into the season full of potential but these horses have often been the ones that have been turned over. Particularly as I very much doubt i'll be laying or arbing myself.
    Fair point. That pretty much sums up the slight difference in our approaches however, I am hardly invested in the race yet anyway .... almost impossible in this race before you see them run!

**realised I hadn't even watched the Poli Roi race back! I actually thought that was pretty eye catching, and the way Davy got after him and he sept around the outside on the corner reminded me of Frankel haha. Not sure you could say he wants 3 miles on that run but certainly not lost hope!
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 10-11-2017 at 10:58 PM.

(Calett Mad is 33/1 with William hills, in the any race market)

Quote Originally Posted by billymag View Post
    (Calett Mad is 33/1 with William hills, in the any race market)
    Are you keen on his chances Billymag?
    You should have said something

His priced at 25/1 on sky bet to win the race.