Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by The Beast View Post
    Remember last year ,Mullins really likes Ballyward , time will tell.
    Do you know why he didn't race again? Starting off over 2m4f in a bumper certainly lends itself to him being a stayer.

Will be keen to see him over a hurdle

Geordieboy83 mentioned Coquin Mans who is 16s fav across the board who went under my radar.... just watched his races and he doesn't strike me as anything special really? Has made pretty hard work visually apart from the race in which he beat Jamie Sommers, who got beaten 26L by Moulin A Vent yesterday.... and Moulin A Vent, although highly regarded by Meade doesn't have any form in the book to say he'd be a contender in this so far?

No plays in this race so far for me

Comment

Taken 66/1 on Calett Mad with Hills today for this, he is due to run in the opener at Perth today and will hate the heavy ground so wudnt be surprised if he got beat though.

Comment

Thought that Jacob gave Calett Mad a pretty hard time there from antepost backers point of view!

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
          Taken 66/1 on Calett Mad with Hills today for this, he is due to run in the opener at Perth today and will hate the heavy ground so wudnt be surprised if he got beat though.
          They're only 25s now - although they seem to be the only bookie interested in pricing him up.

***365 have added at 33/1
          Last edited by Kevloaf; 28 September 2017, 06:12 PM.

Comment

Skybet offered me 25/1 on twitter today(before winning)

Comment

Does anyone know if anything has happened to Coquin Mans? I have had a small punt for this race but now no longer in betting with bet365.

I know it is running next week over 2 miles so maybe that is why? I have contacted bet365 but as of yet not got back to me.

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                Does anyone know if anything has happened to Coquin Mans? I have had a small punt for this race but now no longer in betting with bet365.

I know it is running next week over 2 miles so maybe that is why? I have contacted bet365 but as of yet not got back to me.
                He's not a horse in familiar with but he won a maiden hurdle in December last year so won't be eligible for this race.

Comment

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                  He's not a horse in familiar with but he won a maiden hurdle in December last year so won't be eligible for this race.
                  Good spot/. Shocking in this day and age every bookie would price up an uneligible horse.

They could pay me minimum wage and I'd monitor that for them

Comment

Thanks for this, will just have to wait and see for targets. Ran a good race yesterday behind Jezki

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                      Thanks for this, will just have to wait and see for targets. Ran a good race yesterday behind Jezki
                      Make sure you get your money back from the bet

Comment

Make sure you get your money back from the bet
                        thanks faugheen have emailed them. So just waiting to here back. Nothing has landed in my account as of yet

Comment

Not sure if he's been mentioned yet on here but Monbeg Legend for Henderson interests me in this race (don't think he's even priced up yet anywhere?). Good level of form shown last year and read somewhere that this will be the race for him

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I've requested Poli Roi for this race with 365 and been offered 25/1.

Well put in his place by Fayonagh but looks more of a staying type so unlikely to meet again?
                            In light of GE's comments today in the stable tour:

Won a point-to-point at Rockfield in November prior to changing hands for £300,000 later that month, he made a winning start for his new connections in a bumper at Navan in February and went on to finish third in the Punchestown Champion Bumper.
                            Trainer Says:

"He’s a nice horse that could be a very good staying novice hurdler this season. He might start back in a maiden hurdle at Galway next week."

I've just re-watched the Poli Roi 3rd behind Faynoagh in the Punchestown Champion Bumper and will have 1pt win at 25/1

Poli Roi is 1st off the bridle in the race, (whilst in 3rd) and the two ahead of him (including Fayonagh), stay ahead of him and he stays ahead of everything in behind. To me he was being outpaced and did really well to get 3rd, and just looks like the trip was too short. Okay, the quote that he may be "very good" isn't the most enthusiastic comment in the stable tour, BUT in the One Jump Ahead book, Declan Phelan says he was the second best maiden p2p winner pre Christmas last season (Finian's Oscar the best) and that "he'll enjoy the hill". I think the price is fair now... I want a little piece before he makes a debut next week.

Comment

It's fair to say Poli Roi needs to work on his hurdling.

Comment

This is a race that doesn't tend to attract much ante post play for me, and I've had a look and figured why. 2 favs winning last ten years, average price of the winner around 13/1

Comment

Working...
                                X