Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
    Santini, very strong in the market. Has the best form and many people obviously not too bothered by the experience card.
    His form is rock solid I do think he's by far the most likely winner. I really don't get the more runs the better thing as the previous winners unwimh penhill still had good wins going in to the race. The likes of munirs horse callet mad he has alot of experiance but poor form. Looks massivley under priced to me as there's not much point being battle hardened if you don't have the talent to be there at the finish.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 16 March 2018, 11:10 AM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      His form is rock solid I do think he's by far the most likely winner. I really don't get the more runs the better thing as the previous winners unwimh penhill still had good wins going in to the race. The likes of munirs horse callet mad he has alot of experiance but poor form. Looks massivley under priced to me as there's not much point being battle hardened if you don't have the talent to be there at the finish.
      In the Wetherby's guide they pointed out that it tends to be either horses with a fair amount of experience, but that this has tended to be trumped by genuine long term class and potential when it turns up

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
        In the Wetherby's guide they pointed out that it tends to be either horses with a fair amount of experience, but that this has tended to be trumped by genuine long term class and potential when it turns up
        That sounds very fair. Thanks.

Comment

• Originally posted by kinloch brae View Post
          Santini, very strong in the market. Has the best form and many people obviously not too bothered by the experience card.
          Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
          UNWIMH was just winning handicaps the year he won it, certainly not comparable to Santini IMO.

I am in the fortunate position of getting paid out for being wrong as I took 12s and 10s on Santini NRNB with a view to him being significantly shorter and laying off my stake.

Not going to lay off the stake now... in the hope that he is SO classy that he bucks the trend of needing to be a proven stayer with race experience and I can get excited about a potential clash with Samcro in the RSA next year

Comment

• I dont have room to back any more but Ennifscoffey oscar and chef des obeaux will relish the trip and ground. As will Chris's dream but hard To make all in an Albert bartlett, he would avoid the rough and tumble however.

Comment

• Given the week that Paul Kealy has been having with his preview tips, I've had to add Calett Mad ew, even though I don't really fancy it.

Amongst other winners he gave, his 3 best bets of the week (at the Betbright preview) were Balko, Farclas and Calett Mad.

That's without him having been all over Coo Star Sivola when it was big odds.

Comment

• Added a small bet on ennifscoffey oscar 33/1 ew 4 places

Comment

• We was due 1 of them. Any winners?

Cue the calls of Armadillo.

Comment

• I thought I had this race by the balls!..... did NOT have that.

Comment

• Just looked at the winners form & I still couldn't have it as the winner...

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
                        Just looked at the winners form & I still couldn't have it as the winner...
                        I remember them saying after he beat Count Meribel that it isn't Albvert Bartlett winning form on RUK

Comment

• I said on the other thread that it was a very tricky punting day and the ground has made it even worse. Punters have got away with it but bookmakers now laughing. Hopefully, the chase course is better than this.

Santini has finished third but basically never at the races. From that position he was always relying on the others coming back.

My outsider, Robin Waters, travelled better than many but didn't see it out.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                            I remember them saying after he beat Count Meribel that it isn't Albvert Bartlett winning form on RUK
                            I backed him that day. To be fair they wouldn't have expected this sort of ground.

Comment

• 74 pages of discussion over 12 months for a 33/1 Kilbricken Storm winner.

It’s a mugs game, isn’t it?

Comment

• Originally posted by Al Ferof View Post
                                74 pages of discussion over 12 months for a 33/1 Kilbricken Storm winner.

It’s a mugs game, isn’t it?
                                Haha, we've got to let the bookies win a couple or they'll concentrate on football and the asian handicap markets instead of the racing!

Comment

Working...
                                X