Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Id take next destination here all day long now. They obviously fancy taking on samcro and it would be nice to get one over on the giggi lot.
    But this looks there for the taking. Duc des genievres obviously has a cracking chance now also. and they may stay with him.
    Last edited by Scooby91; 3 March 2018, 03:22 PM.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• FFS. First killer blow. Gutted.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
        If take nect destination here all day long now.
        Yeah me too.

No real reason they'd switch him based on that news though?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
          Yeah me too.

No real reason they'd switch him based on that news though?
          For me there is, as cracking smart was very much the one to beat and I'd go for the easier race.
          They've got duc des genievres ballyward and Carter McKay atm.

Mullins and ruby not one to shirk a challenge though tbh. And might want to prove a point.

Comment

• Would love them to move ND here but can’t see this changing plans myself. They would have felt they had the beating of CS anyway. I really think they believe he can put it right up to Samcro and will be keen to try.

Comment

For me there is, as cracking smart was very much the one to beat and I'd go for the easier race.
              They've got duc des genievres ballyward and Carter McKay atm.

Mullins and ruby not one to shirk a challenge though tbh. And might want to prove a point.
              After beating CS twice with ND, do you think they thought CS was the one to beat?

I don't personally but 100% would have ND in the Albert Bartlett as more chance of winning that than winning the Ballymore.

That was my opinion before and obviously hasn't changed with Cracking Smart coming out

Comment

After beating CS twice with ND, do you think they thought CS was the one to beat?

I don't personally but 100% would have ND in the Albert Bartlett as more chance of winning that than winning the Ballymore.

That was my opinion before and obviously hasn't changed with Cracking Smart coming out
                I very much think they thought he was the one to beat. Especially with the step up in trip and ND showing a decent ammount of pace and a cruising speed. And cracking smart was made for this race.

I think hes got a very good chance in the ballymore it is his trio tbh. But id see this as a penalty kick aslong as they employed waiting tactics.

Comment

• Originally posted by quevega View Post
                  or BlowbyBlow
                  Yeah i would imagine the inflated handicap mark Blow By Blow was given would mean he'll be the more likely runner.

Comment

• Ffs

Can’t catch a break

Comment

I very much think they thought he was the one to beat. Especially with the step up in trip and ND showing a decent ammount of pace and a cruising speed. And cracking smart was made for this race.

I think hes got a very good chance in the ballymore it is his trio tbh. But id see this as a penalty kick aslong as they employed waiting tactics.
                      The reason I backed Cracking Smart was that I thought he'd improve for the step to 3m and would reverse the form... so I can't disagree that they might have thought it...

I really, really hope he does come here. Ruby is the one who REALLY "needs" this race too isn't he, to complete 'the lot'?

You'd imagine he'll want to sit on the best chance he can, which for me is not DDG and Carter McKay wouldn't be one to hang your hat on if Next Destination was an option...

Comment

The reason I backed Cracking Smart was that I thought he'd improve for the step to 3m and would reverse the form... so I can't disagree that they might have thought it...

I really, really hope he does come here. Ruby is the one who REALLY "needs" this race too isn't he, to complete 'the lot'?

You'd imagine he'll want to sit on the best chance he can, which for me is not DDG and Carter McKay wouldn't be one to hang your hat on if Next Destination was an option...
                        It's tough because the only chance of winning all 3 is

Getabird
                        ND
                        DDG

DDG has a fine chance. (Missed the price as I was very happy with cracking smart ew)

The owner og ND may have something to say about the look of the Albert bartlett. But if it's left to mullins ruby. They probably want a winning chance in all 3.

Comment

It's tough because the only chance of winning all 3 is

Getabird
                          ND
                          DDG

DDG has a fine chance. (Missed the price) as I was very happy with cracking smart ew.

The owner og ND may have something to say about the look of the Albert bartlett. But if it's left to mullins ruby. They probably want a winning chance in all 3.
                          You could feasibly switch DDG and ND around
                          Give yourself a fav in 2 of the 3... and a horse who only has 1 to turn the form around with?

I don't give DGG as good as chance as his odds suggest he is.... not enough experience... as I went to a lot of effort to look at earlier that has been bumped down 3 pages due to this news haha

Samcro could setep on that dreaded little stone and it becomes a whole different picture so will just wait and see in a week how the land lies.

Comment

You could feasibly switch DDG and ND around
                            Give yourself a fav in 2 of the 3... and a horse who only has 1 to turn the form around with?

I don't give DGG as good as chance as his odds suggest he is.... not enough experience... as I went to a lot of effort to look at earlier that has been bumped down 3 pages due to this news haha

Samcro could setep on that dreaded little stone and it becomes a whole different picture so will just wait and see in a week how the land lies.
                            DDG is not going to beat samcro though tbh. Hes very good and he may well win the bartlet.
                            but He's not of the calibre of next destination who is a star horse in my eyes.

You never know the way things have been going.

Comment

• Iv backed vinndication 180.0 who's aparrently not going here.

Just a tenner because it's where I'd send him. And Kim Bailey is always liable to change.

Comment

• Could do with ND going here, would be a good ‘pick me up’ after today’s news!

Comment

Working...
                                X