Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Robith and jono. I see your points regarding the SP of the winner BUT regardless of having the actual winner, getting the fav at a bigger price still represents value and you cam utilise that in a number of ways. (Laying/arbing) for example.

I think picking the winner of this is incredibly hard as the variable of distance isn't tested until deep in to the season BUT I will still aim to have some value on the day of the race compared to SPs
    I'll still be looking to find value and beat the SP throughout the season but I imagine i'll be waiting until whoever I fancy, and like a few of the key contenders early on has had at least a run over hurdles before I form a judgement. In races like the Supreme and Neptune i'm more willing to go on reputation and previous bumper form and take a stab before a horse makes their debut (what with prices often being halved after a half decent debut). The likes of Poli Roi, Ballyward and Ravenhill Road etc have fine reputations and come into the season full of potential but these horses have often been the ones that have been turned over. Particularly as I very much doubt i'll be laying or arbing myself.

Comment

Originally posted by jono View Post
      I'll still be looking to find value and beat the SP throughout the season but I imagine i'll be waiting until whoever I fancy, and like a few of the key contenders early on has had at least a run over hurdles before I form a judgement. In races like the Supreme and Neptune i'm more willing to go on reputation and previous bumper form and take a stab before a horse makes their debut (what with prices often being halved after a half decent debut). The likes of Poli Roi, Ballyward and Ravenhill Road etc have fine reputations and come into the season full of potential but these horses have often been the ones that have been turned over. Particularly as I very much doubt i'll be laying or arbing myself.
      Fair point. That pretty much sums up the slight difference in our approaches however, I am hardly invested in the race yet anyway .... almost impossible in this race before you see them run!

**realised I hadn't even watched the Poli Roi race back! I actually thought that was pretty eye catching, and the way Davy got after him and he sept around the outside on the corner reminded me of Frankel haha. Not sure you could say he wants 3 miles on that run but certainly not lost hope!
      Last edited by Kevloaf; 11 October 2017, 09:58 PM.

Comment

(Calett Mad is 33/1 with William hills, in the any race market)

Comment

Originally posted by billymag View Post
          Are you keen on his chances Billymag?
          You should have said something

Comment

His priced at 25/1 on sky bet to win the race.

Comment

Yes im a little keen on him, I should of mentioned it lol!!!! When he gets better ground watch him go, although he did beat a 139 rated horse by 22 lengths giving the horse 7lbs on ground he would of hated. Obviously you cant take that form literally as the ground will of exaggerated the finishing distance and it was only a 3 runner race and the horse in he beat was a 13 year old. But RPR was 140 which is pretty solid and only about 10lb shy of what will be needed to place at Cheltenham. Last years Albert Bart RPR's winner 155, second 150, 3rd 147!!! Hes a good thing lads get on!!!!!

Comment

Yes im a little keen on him, I should of mentioned it lol!!!! When he gets better ground watch him go, although he did beat a 139 rated horse by 22 lengths giving the horse 7lbs on ground he would of hated. Obviously you cant take that form literally as the ground will of exaggerated the finishing distance and it was only a 3 runner race and the horse in he beat was a 13 year old. But RPR was 140 which is pretty solid and only about 10lb shy of what will be needed to place at Cheltenham. Last years Albert Bart RPR's winner 155, second 150, 3rd 147!!! Hes a good thing lads get on!!!!!
                Cheers billy, let's hope we celebrating come March

Comment

I've added 1 pt e/w any race. I followed CAlett Mad last year (I forget who, but he was mentioned as in a podcast) and despite the unusual profile, I think he has potential.

Comment

Getting way ahead of myself now, but Withold, the horse who won the cesarewitch today was brought for a lot of money by Tony Bloom, looks an out and out stayer and after another year on the flat I just wonder if he may be another Penhill and get sent to Mullins eventually. Currently only 4, so time is on his side.

Comment

I requested a price with bet365 for Calett Mad and they emailed back saying they are not taking bets for Cheltenham festival!!

Strange this, only requested a price for a horse a couple of weeks ago with no problem.

Anybody else experienced similar problems?

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                        I requested a price with bet365 for Calett Mad and they emailed back saying they are not taking bets for Cheltenham festival!!

Strange this, only requested a price for a horse a couple of weeks ago with no problem.

Anybody else experienced similar problems?
                        after adding 4 others in the triumph market. They will not add "melody of scotland" Tried 4 times
                        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

It's a strange one, but nothing can do, will just go with another firm I suppose

Comment

Ok got an email FINALLY back from Bet365, and they have now put Calett Mad up on site at 33/1 if anyone is interested?

Comment

Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                              Ok got an email FINALLY back from Bet365, and they have now put Calett Mad up on site at 33/1 if anyone is interested?
                              Still 33/1 any race with WH

Comment

Real dark un for you

Moyross for Noel Meade worth a look at massive odds.

Been very impressive in two low key 3 mile affairs already this season.

Previous season raced 3 times in bumpers unable to get his head in front.

The massive step up in trip has worked wonders and i expect him to progress into graded company, whether that is good enough for Cheltenham though that is a different story.

Comment

Working...
                                X