Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I really like Next Destination for this race. Was tempted by the 10/1 any race, but have been greedy and taken 16's in this.

Supreme looks unlikely so it looks a straight shoot out between this and the Ballymore. Nothing seems to happen in a hurry with the horse and the way he powered away after the last flight, last time, suggested he is a real stayer. I also think Flemensfirth progeny excel at 3m. Previous Festival form is an added bonus, and I could personally see this horse being one of the Mullins hotpots and a real shortie. Just hope this is the right race!

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
      I really like Next Destination for this race. Was tempted by the 10/1 any race, but have been greedy and taken 16's in this.

Supreme looks unlikely so it looks a straight shoot out between this and the Ballymore. Nothing seems to happen in a hurry with the horse and the way he powered away after the last flight, last time, suggested he is a real stayer. I also think Flemensfirth progeny excel at 3m. Previous Festival form is an added bonus, and I could personally see this horse being one of the Mullins hotpots and a real shortie. Just hope this is the right race!
      As Robante said earlier , probably depends on how Samcro goes , but at the moment i'm going for On the blind side and
      Next destination for this race .

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
        As Robante said earlier , probably depends on how Samcro goes , but at the moment i'm going for On the blind side and
        Agree BigChaang. They both look comfortably the best thus far.

Comment

• Originally posted by BigChaang View Post
          They (samcro next destination) are very likely to meet in the lawyers hotel at navan after christmas. Won't be the only mullins novice there either.
          Last edited by Scooby91; 24 November 2017, 06:47 AM.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
            They (samcro next destination) are very likely to meet in the lawyers hotel at navan after christmas. Won't be the only mullins novice there either.
            That the race McKinley chinned Tell us More a few years ago?

Comment

• Originally posted by TheRowebot View Post
              That the race McKinley chinned Tell us More a few years ago?
              Yes that's the one, and quite a fitting example with tell us more a very expensive giggingstown ptp winner who won his maiden hurdle by 11 lengths on the bridle at 1/5 beating nothing, hyped up like the second coming at the time

2017 death duty
              2016*Bellshill 6 11-10 R Walsh 2/5Fav (W P Mullins)*
              2015*Mckinley 5 11-7 P Townend 33/1 (W P Mullins)*
              2014*Briar Hill 6 11-10 R Walsh 1/3Fav (W P Mullins)*
              2013*Rule The World 6 11-3 D N Russell 7/1 (M F Morris)*
              2012*Monksland 5 11-0 P Carberry 6/1 (Noel Meade)
              Last edited by Scooby91; 24 November 2017, 07:52 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                Should be revealing that if so. Samcro is at the point where one defeat in a race like that, however narrow, would burst every bubble. Next Destination, Slate House and If The Cap Fits look like the three at this stage who would give him most to do if lining up against him in the Ballymore. The form isn't there yet with Samcro, but the potential certainly is, and I still sense that the hype with him will probably be justified. 'As good a horse as we will ever see,' Davy Russell supposedly said. I don't think Death Duty was quite held in that regard

Comment

• Tell Us More*earned the plaudits of his trainer and rider,*Willie Mullins*and*Bryan Cooper, as he remained unbeaten after a point-to-point, bumper and maiden hurdle with a demolition of the opposition in the www.gowranpark.ie Maiden over two miles.

Bought out of the Willie Codd yard for 290K after a victory at Tattersalls Farm last December, the Scorpion gelding now sports the Gigginstown House Stud silks and the 'fives-on' chance made all.

He went well clear from three out on the way to an impressive eleven length verdict over Nimdani.

"He got things his own way a bit but he's probably good enough to do that anyway. "He's a natural jumper and he'll have no trouble going up in trip.

"I'd say he'll improve a fair bit off that as I thought beforehand he looked a bit big. That all bodes well for the future.

"We'll find something for him around Christmas and he looks top drawer," enthused Mullins.

For his part Cooper stated: "He's as nice a young horse as I sat on in a while. He came with a high reputation and if you were to look at him in the parade ring he still looked pretty big so hopefully there's plenty more improvement to come.

"As I said to Willie, going to the second last I let him lengthen down to it to see what he'd do. He actually only came alive then which is what you'd like.

"I had any amount of horse pulling up. Especially in that ground on their first run it's real, real testing and it took nothing out of him.

"It's his first run and he had to go out and make it down to the first and he was expecting it to be a bit bigger than that (as a point-to-point winner).

"Hopefully we have something exciting to look forward to now." (AM & EM)

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                    Should be revealing that if so. Samcro is at the point where one defeat in a race like that, however narrow, would burst every bubble. Next Destination, Slate House and If The Cap Fits look like the three at this stage who would give him most to do if lining up against him in the Ballymore. The form isn't there yet with Samcro, but the potential certainly is, and I still sense that the hype with him will probably be justified. 'As good a horse as we will ever see,' Davy Russell supposedly said. I don't think Death Duty was quite held in that regard
                    The 4 you mentioned plus a couple at huge prices on exchanges would be my 4 for the neptune atm and backed previously accordingly.
                    If the cap fits would be my number 1. Graded winner in waiting

Comment

• Plenty of blue on oddschecker for Next Destination today. Possible reaction to the Samcro performance but pleasing all the same.

Comment

• Is anybody on Cracking Smart?

Only got round to listening to the FFP today and Johnny Ward was quite keen at 16/1 .... I see that has all gone. Due to run soon?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                          Is anybody on Cracking Smart?

Only got round to listening to the FFP today and Johnny Ward was quite keen at 16/1 .... I see that has all gone. Due to run soon?
                          Think he would be a worthy favourite, but I haven’t taken the plunge as there was talk that it wouldn’t be the target for him this year. Was the talk that he’s a likely runner?

Comment

• Fair play Scooby you do a good job of keeping me grounded on Samcro and as a result I won't be so shocked if he gets turned over at some point before or at the Festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
                              Fair play Scooby you do a good job of keeping me grounded on Samcro and as a result I won't be so shocked if he gets turned over at some point before or at the Festival
                              No celebrating when he goes unbeaten all season then RC

While Faugheen_Machine drives the "Samcro-bus" around and we dress as crows drinknig gallons of ale for a month after the festival

Comment

• Originally posted by Robante View Post
                                Think he would be a worthy favourite, but I haven’t taken the plunge as there was talk that it wouldn’t be the target for him this year. Was the talk that he’s a likely runner?
                                Very much so yeah. Johnny Ward said the thinks they're the 3 main novice hurdle hopes for Gigginstown with Elliott and the races pick themselves and CS is a great bet at this stage considering NMH was 6/1 and DD 13/8

Comment

Working...
                                X