Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Glad I'm on at nrnb after that news then. Thanks for the update.

Comment

• Vindication’s win today franked the form of an outside fancy of mine from Fergal O’Briens stable “Coolanly” not sure if he’ll head here or down the handicap route or the festival at all. Anyone hear anything at all about potential plans?b

Comment

• PP have gone 3/1 for Next Destination for this race now and pushed Cracking Smart out to 6/1.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          PP have gone 3/1 for Next Destination for this race now and pushed Cracking Smart out to 6/1.
          Good spot although not suprised based on the prices available for ND on the exchange over the last couple of weeks for the Ballymore. Very pleased if this is the decision, mainly as I see him as the biggest danger to Samcro for the Ballymore. Was going to back him for that if confirmed, but would prefer not to have to

Comment

• Originally posted by Rhinestone_Cowboy View Post
            Good spot although not suprised based on the prices available for ND on the exchange over the last couple of weeks for the Ballymore. Very pleased if this is the decision, mainly as I see him as the biggest danger to Samcro for the Ballymore. Was going to back him for that if confirmed, but would prefer not to have to
            This would indeed tie in with both Betfair & PP shortening Samcro for the Ballymore today too!

Comment

• It's a good spot. Must admit it does look the case.
              I think he would have been mullins best chance in the ballymore by some way
              So i can't fathom out whos going ballymore. Id be asuming DDG unless the unlikely outcome that iv hit the jackpot with salsaretta at 530.0
              Last edited by Scooby91; 12 February 2018, 01:39 PM.
              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                It's a good spot. Must admit it does look the case.
                But I can't fathom out whos going ballymore. Id be asuming DDG unless the unlikely outcome that iv hit the jackpot with salsaretta at 530.0
                Getabird

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                  Getabird
                  Wouldn't make sense with the prices

Comment

Wouldn't make sense with the prices
                    True. Duc Des Genievres is the fly in the ointment with all these plans. You could argue that his second last time, well ahead of Real Steel, Debuchet and Sharjah, would give him a real chance in the Supreme. Surely his owners wouldn't be happy with him going Ballymore where Samcro at the least has him covered

Comment

• Maybe the owner has insisted ND goes Bartlett. Mullins may not be scared of Samcro but the owner might. Getabird will probably go Supreme, maybe alongside DDG. Not sure who that leaves then for the ballymore but can't see many owners (other than Ricci maybe) persuaded to put one of their best ones up against Samcro

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
                        True. Duc Des Genievres is the fly in the ointment with all these plans. You could argue that his second last time, well ahead of Real Steel, Debuchet and Sharjah, would give him a real chance in the Supreme. Surely his owners wouldn't be happy with him going Ballymore where Samcro at the least has him covered
                        The owners Real steel needs further than 2m too if he's still going down the graded route.
                        I must admit I'm a little confused with the way they're going to shuffle them up. But i do have all angles covered. Bar getabird going bartlett
                        I'd be very sure of getabird supreme apart from that there could be a huge shuffle around.
                        I did Think ND ballymore and I believe it's his best trip as cracking smart stays very well, although financially would be better bartlett. And to be fair he wouldn't be going to the front as early as he did last time over 3m.

Penhill and Nichols canyon were both timed to perfection last year by Paul and ruby.

Comment

The owners Real steel needs further than 2m too if he's still going down the graded route.
                          I must admit I'm a little confused with the way they're going to shuffle them up. But i do have all angles covered. Bar getabird going bartlett
                          I'd be very sure of getabird supreme apart from that there could be a huge shuffle around.
                          I did Think ND ballymore and I believe it's his best trip as cracking smart stays very well, although financially would be better bartlett. And to be fair he wouldn't be going to the front as early as he did last time over 3m.

Penhill and Nichols canyon were both timed to perfection last year by Paul and ruby.
                          I never had ND in the ballymore (would have likely covered) so would be a plus for me if he goes here. You're right with the parallels to Penhill, if ND is given the chance to creep into the race then his turn of foot should be better than most up the hill

Comment

• The exchanges have suggested this was going to be the case for ND.

Absolutely delighted if it happens! Think it makes perfect sense and think it’s Ruby and not the owners who will be driving it.

Getabird - Supreme
                            DDG - Ballymore
                            ND - Albert Bartlett

Could see him having two winners and a place there

Comment

• Originally posted by Can't Catch Me View Post
                              The exchanges have suggested this was going to be the case for ND.

Absolutely delighted if it happens! Think it makes perfect sense and think it’s Ruby and not the owners who will be driving it.

Getabird - Supreme
                              DDG - Ballymore
                              ND - Albert Bartlett

Could see him having two winners and a place there
                              I agree with every word of that.

I think the best novice they have is getabird, then ND, and DDG 3rd.

That gives them the best chance of winning 2 races if Samcro runs in the Ballymore.

DDG may get closer to Samcro over further too so they have a justified reason to try the rematch. It'd also mean they don't have the bubble burst for Getabird or ND

Comment

• Really nice win from Chef Des Obeaux at Haydock there.... looks to have built up some nice experience and a VERY strong stayer...

FOrm also does no harm to the talent highlighted in Santini's win over him....

Comment

Working...
                                X