Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by TimRiggins View Post
    Oddschecker showing that Sky were the only bookies offering 25/1 at any point, and that was until the 5th November.

Could be wrong, but the best price anywhere else looks to have been 16s.
    That makes sense. I deffinately would have backed him after that races even with the quotes at 25s but that 25s was immediately before his race beating fabulous saga by them dates.
    I could only personally get 14s and even at 16s wasn't worth the risk at the time.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• He was 25-1. And was generally available on the 5th pre race or I wouldn't have posted it.

Anyway, the point was he is far from a certain runner based on comments. I think DD has put Elliott off this race.

A big player if her turns up though of course.

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
        He was 25-1. And was generally available on the 5th pre race or I wouldn't have posted it.

Anyway, the point was he is far from a certain runner based on comments. I think DD has put Elliott off this race.

A big player if her turns up though of course.

Johnny ward diddnt put it up on the pod pre race though and obviously the quotes which put myelf and others off, were post race.

If I'm wrong I'll apologise but I'm pretty sure.

You'd have to think theyd be very tempted, he looks the ideal type and theyve gone well past minding him

Comment

• The price history on oddschecker is faulty at the moment for some reason Scooby. I was using it to look back at prices the other day and it didn't tally up. Cause of Causes was introduced at 5/1 with bet365 for the XC according to their site, but he was double that.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            The price history on oddschecker is faulty at the moment for some reason Scooby. I was using it to look back at prices the other day and it didn't tally up. Cause of Causes was introduced at 5/1 with bet365 for the XC according to their site, but he was double that.
            I dunno, dosent make any difference to his chance of winning this race anyway.

And he has a good one at that.

We are all correct, for the sake of the thread.

Comment

• No it doesn't, but 25/1 was a nice price all the same.

Comment

• When Next Destination, On the Blind Side, Samcro, and Mr Whipped all disappear from the betting, the top of the market is going to look very bare. All of a sudden its a matchup between Cracking Smart and Getabird, unless something comes out of the woodwork. 8/1 and 16/1 for a match looks like outstanding value.

Comment

• Calett Mad running in the Grade 2 this weekend at Wincanton.... I was about to ask if anyone knew anything about him as it has all gone quiet but there we go!

Still 33/1 about, 25/1 NRNB

Dom Dolo entered too, he's a 20/1 shot for this

Comment

• Backed Ravenhill Road yesterday at the Bookies 50/1

Comment

• Originally posted by Liam301287 View Post
                      Backed Ravenhill Road yesterday at the Bookies 50/1
                      I read after his race in the week that he will be looking at the Premier Hurdle at Kelso then Aintree, so maybe not even a festival runnner. I do think with better ground and the longer distance he would certainly be up in contention though!

Comment

• I was hoping to see Tikkanbar out tomorrow but sadly he's been scratched. He looked to have a very good engine. Can see him running well here if its the plan.
                        Last edited by doctorwu; 12 January 2018, 03:53 PM.

Comment

• Hmm whether to cash out some of my b365 OTBS tickets...don't fancy him at all for the Ballymore but looks like that's where he's heading...

Comment

• Originally posted by Garrison Savannah View Post
                            Hmm whether to cash out some of my b365 OTBS tickets...don't fancy him at all for the Ballymore but looks like that's where he's heading...
                            He was and would still be my fancy in this race but I cashed out the bets for him in this race. Henderson said this in his blog today:

How is ON THE BLIND SIDE and is he likely to have a run before Cheltenham? Is the Ballymore still the aim?

Yes, the Ballymore is still the aim but in all probability he’ll go straight there. He knocked himself before the Challow Hurdle which put us back a bit but he’s on the move now although won’t quite be ready in time for Festival Trials day.

Comment

• I think OTBS is going to be a to class horse.

I also feel like Samcro will be a superstar.

I've resigned myself to "if OTBS wins, I back him FOREVER" .... if not, Samcro is the closest NH horse to Frankel that I've seen

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                I think OTBS is going to be a to class horse.

I also feel like Samcro will be a superstar.

I've resigned myself to "if OTBS wins, I back him FOREVER" .... if not, Samcro is the closest NH horse to Frankel that I've seen

Even though I'm on him a/r, I'm hoping If The Cap Fits goes to the Supreme, because this does look like a ridiculously hot race.

Comment

Working...
                                X