Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Albert Bartlett Novice Hurdle 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
    What happen with Santini yesterday, looks like he drifted badly in the betting, the price I saw was 7/2 before it was withdrawn (not sure if that was correct) and the reason for being withdrawn was unsuitable going SOFT yet he won his last two races in Soft. does something seem fishy about that or is it just me? it just Champ was just been by a neck and that was his other horse in the race..

Ive just seen it was heavy in places but it all sounds a dodgy as surely a horse that will be running over 3 miles in a tough race like the bartlett would be fine running over 2.5 in soft with heavy patches?
    I can't see him running in the Albert Bartlett at all. Henderson too cautious and will have his future in mind.... would take NRNB if I was going to back Santini

Comment

• Any news of Fabulous Saga? Not quotred on oddschecker with quite a few bookies including PP?

Comment

• Articulum diddnt travel at all. No excuses.
        https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
        Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• 2011 - Bobs Worth 1pt win 3/1 (1 pt total stake)
          2012 - Mount Benbulben/Boston Bob - 2 pts (4 pts total)
          2013 - At Fishers Cross - 4 pts win 6/4 (4 pts total stake)
          2014 - Briar Hill - 5 pts win at 7/4 (5 pts total stake)
          2015 - Black Hercules 2 pts win 3/1 / Martello Tower 1 pt e/w 12/1 (4 pts total stake)
          2016 - Barters Hill 7 pts, Gangster 3 pts, West Approach 0.5 pts, Long Dog 2 pts (12.5 pts total stake)
          2017 - Death Duty 8 pts, Monalee 1.25 pts e/w, The World's End 3 pts (13.5 pts total stake)

2018 - 23.5 pts staked so far...
          Cracking Smart - 14/1 - 1.5 pts e/w
          Cracking Smart - 20/1 - 1.5 pts e/w
          Next Destination - 16/1 and 10/1 any race - 2 pts total
          Chef Des Obeaux - 25/1 - 1 pt e/w
          Fabulous Saga - 20/1 - 1.5 pts win
          Poetic Ryhthm - 28/1 - 1 pt e/w
          On The Blind Side - 20/1 - 2 pts win - Likely NR
          Calett Mad - 33/1 Any race - 1 pt e/w
          Blow By Blow - 14/1 any race - 1 pt win
          **added Dortmund Park - 20/1 NRNB - 1 pt e/w - Not expecting a run but that was a nice win.

Cracking Smart and Next Destination are both in multiples at 16s, 12s etc so they're the two I want the most. OTBS would have been a strong pick..... but CS and ND win me the most, and that is the form I like the most at the moment.

Happy with this race currently. Mr Whipped I don't think wanted a step up in trip, Santini I don't think will run and isn't experienced enough, SAmcro and Getabird won't run, Slate House I've gone off, Ballyward I can't fancy after his run at Xmas.... nothing else really intersted at the moment.... I really like Cracking Smart!
          Last edited by Kevloaf; 21 January 2018, 01:18 PM.

Comment

• I’m in cracking Smart

The way he finished last time to be beaten a length by Next Destination impressed me. The step up in trip to 3m will be right up his street.

Just hoping that the Mullins horse doesn’t run in this as I like him too.

Comment

• I still like Ballyward for this and hope to see him stepped up in trip time out.

Cracking Smart is my only bet in this as things stand (OTBS a likely NR)

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                I still like Ballyward for this and hope to see him stepped up in trip time out.

Cracking Smart is my only bet in this as things stand (OTBS a likely NR)
                What interested you about Ballyward FM?

Didn't win his only PTP, easily beat Drumconnor Lad but that horse has only gone on to a RPR of 129 and beaten on return?

I am sure he's better than he's shown, but hasn't really done anything yet and I've not heard much about him for ages? Wouldn't have the profile of an Albert Bartlett winner for me, not enough races .... if he wasn't owned by Wylie he'd be 50/1?

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  What interested you about Ballyward FM?

Didn't win his only PTP, easily beat Drumconnor Lad but that horse has only gone on to a RPR of 129 and beaten on return?

I am sure he's better than he's shown, but hasn't really done anything yet and I've not heard much about him for ages? Wouldn't have the profile of an Albert Bartlett winner for me, not enough races .... if he wasn't owned by Wylie he'd be 50/1?
                  Style over substance Kev. I was really taken by his bumper win and liked the way he moved through the race. I'd need to see him improve from his debut over hurdles but you can excuse that run given he was off the track for so long prior to that run and the stable were out of form at the time.

He looks like a 3 miler to me but I Mullins has him entered in a 2 mile maiden this week

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    Style over substance Kev. I was really taken by his bumper win and liked the way he moved through the race. I'd need to see him improve from his debut over hurdles but you can excuse that run given he was off the track for so long prior to that run and the stable were out of form at the time.

He looks like a 3 miler to me but I Mullins has him entered in a 2 mile maiden this week
                    I did see that entry and chuckle. If he needs a run he needs and is ready to run though trip isn;'t that important now, so as long as he shows up its not a negative....

I've looked at him a few times but haven't thought about backing him other than when I nearly had a really speculative Wylie multiple with Sta Humble in as well

Comment

I did see that entry and chuckle. If he needs a run he needs and is ready to run though trip isn;'t that important now, so as long as he shows up its not a negative....

I've looked at him a few times but haven't thought about backing him other than when I nearly had a really speculative Wylie multiple with Sta Humble in as well
                      If you keep running at 2 miles iv heard you can get quite a nice mark and can use that over further MP

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                        If you keep running at 2 miles iv heard you can get quite a nice mark and can use that over further MP
                        That did enter my head when I saw his entry but was reluctant to put it on here

Comment

Any news of Fabulous Saga? Not quotred on oddschecker with quite a few bookies including PP?
                          I've been looking out for this horse to Kevloaf not sure if will run in this or the Ballymore, saying that can't seem to find a price ? I see it has an entry at Leopardstown in early Feb.

Comment

• "Dortmund Park will probably go to Thurles later in the month and go down the route Milsean took – he ran in the Michael Purcell Memorial Novice Hurdle before running at Cheltenham. Dortmund Park will also run in the Albert Bartlett against Cracking Smart at Cheltenham – all going well of course.

"Dortmund Park is a big, gross horse who should be improving with time. We like him a lot but he’d need another run pre-Cheltenham.

Comment

• Is there any news on Next destination fest target? Will it be Ballymore or here? I have a decent return if here but only a saver for Ballymore, so not looking good really, but not heard any interviews or plans

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
                                Is there any news on Next destination fest target? Will it be Ballymore or here? I have a decent return if here but only a saver for Ballymore, so not looking good really, but not heard any interviews or plans
                                It's Mullins' horse, so no point worrying about it, lol.

Comment

Working...
                                X