Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Just watched this race back.

Altior and Min land at the last together. Altior finishes 7L clear.

In the Supreme, Altior has a 1L lead approaching the final hurdle and takes it better, and wins by 7L.

Altior has IMPROVED as a chaser more than Min has for me. Anything Min does, just franks the form of Altior.

The ground was not right for Altior and I think we'll see a massive figure from him if he gets his conditions.

He's 7/4 for next season and Footpad wouldn't beat him and it seems highly likely they'll step him up in trip based on Ruby and Willie's comments... Douvan and Min are available at 14/1 with PP but Altior won't ever see the back of Min, and for all that Douvan was travelling well, he's fallen too far out to be confident.

He also is fragile so not much of a betting proposition. Neither is Altior at 7/4 at this stage but what an absolute monster of a horse.

I think Sprinter Sacre is the best horse I've seen but if you look at the overall profile of both horses Altior doesn't need to be in his shadow at all. Certainly a comparable horse now... and I genuinly don't see any challengers from the Arkle or this years CC stepping forward to put it up to him after the last.
    Maybe if they win another CC they'd step him up in trip for a new challenge in the gold cup. Wouldn't make sense next season but I'd love to see him step up in trip and see what he's capable of. He could improve for it.

If I owned him id stay put. But id love to see it.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Maybe if they win another CC they'd step him up in trip for a new challenge in the gold cup. Wouldn't make sense next season but I'd love to see him step up in trip and see what he's capable of. He could improve for it.

If I owned him id stay put. But id love to see it.
      Yea that is a possibility. As I said a while back and I think you were on the same page, I'm convinced he'd put up a better performance over further but they won't bother with a Ryanair if you have a Champion Chaser that can do what he does... if he's a Supreme, Arkle and 2x Champion Chaser, would they attempt the King George? Perhaps...

I just expect him to go unbeaten for the next 12 months. Let's hope he stays sound.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
        As a Min fan I am happy to concede once and for all that Altior is better than him, but Douvan, well that's another story, he was absolutely flying along until that error, at least he got up though
        I can see how hope springs eternal with Douvan but it's clear he's not a reliable jumper around Cheltenham. The mistake the other day wasn't an anomaly. His jumping let him down last year as well, hence the fractured pelvis.

Comment

• Hope they keep Altior away from aintree and runs at sandown. Would love to see him again after being there for cheltenham

Comment

• Originally posted by thistlecracker View Post
            Hope they keep Altior away from aintree and runs at sandown. Would love to see him again after being there for cheltenham
            Not looking good for you thistlecracker....

From Hendo stable tour...

The plan for Altior is the JLT Melling Chase and we still have the option of Sandown. Aintree would be the perfect place to step him up to two and a half miles for the first time and I am rather looking forward to it and would like to step him up. He has put up two copybook performances in both his starts this season and let’s hope he can continue doing that.

2/1 with Sky to win the Melling won't be there for long!

Comment

• Looks like I’ll jump on the 2/1 instead !

** gone for the double with burning ambition after seeing it mentioned a few times on the forum
              Last edited by thistlecracker; 6 April 2018, 07:59 AM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Not looking good for you thistlecracker....

From Hendo stable tour...

The plan for Altior is the JLT Melling Chase and we still have the option of Sandown. Aintree would be the perfect place to step him up to two and a half miles for the first time and I am rather looking forward to it and would like to step him up. He has put up two copybook performances in both his starts this season and let’s hope he can continue doing that.

2/1 with Sky to win the Melling won't be there for long!
                I'll be very suprised if altior runs. Min is the one at 12/1 imo. That was from atr if you look at lami serge quotes dosent sound like altior will run to me.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  I'll be very suprised if altior runs. Min is the one at 12/1 imo. That was from atr if you look at lami serge quotes dosent sound like altior will run to me.
                  Haha decided to wait until Henderson's unibet blog came out before mentioning it though

The Lami Serge quote isn't the same as the unibet quote today. I read the Lami Serge quote and ignored it though haha

Comment

• Looks like everywhere has cut Altior now

Comment

• Looks like Altior goes to sandown

Comment

Working...
                      X