Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
    You and me both, probably thousands more punters too. So frustrating as I have him at semi decent prices in quite a few of mine
    Got so many bets of trixies and Yankees with Altior 7/4, Samcro 6/4 and Apples Shakira 7/2 for example

Comment

• Henderson & the vets sound like they are confident that he will run and I really do hope so for the race & punters, but would any one feel happy to back him being lame 48hrs before the race? tough ask and a risk for such a class horse..

Comment

• For those who haven't seen the quotes...

The Seven Barrows handler said in a statement posted on his Twitter account: "Altior was unfortunately lame this morning in his near-fore leg and we have located some pus in the frog (of his foot).

"He was still able to exercise in the water treadmill this morning, which he regularly does anyway, and a poultice will now be applied and left on overnight to draw out the pus.

"The foot will also be 'tubbed' (stood in salt water) at regular intervals and the shoe will hopefully be replaced first thing tomorrow morning.

"Both our vet and farrier are working very hard and are more than hopeful that he will even be able to canter tomorrow and therefore confident he will be clear to race on Wednesday.

"Obviously we will monitor the situation and keep everybody up to date with his progress, but there will be nothing more to say until tomorrow morning."

Comment

• Originally posted by Sirbetalot View Post
          Henderson & the vets sound like they are confident that he will run and I really do hope so for the race & punters, but would any one feel happy to back him being lame 48hrs before the race? tough ask and a risk for such a class horse..
          I want to back him. I'm hopeful he turns up for the race itself. I might get a price of 13/8 7/4. bigger wouldn't be impossible. 13/8 I think is where I draw the line.

Let's just hope he turns up anyway
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Is it time to bang on Douvan?

Comment

• Originally posted by robith View Post
              Is it time to bang on Douvan?

He’s slowly being cut with Altior drifting out evens.

The 9/2 on oddschecker is long gone

Comment

• Taken 14/1 Politologue EW, if Altior doesn't run then Min unlikely to run against Douvan, some EW value in this race now

Comment

• Originally posted by SH1591 View Post
                  Taken 14/1 Politologue EW, if Altior doesn't run then Min unlikely to run against Douvan, some EW value in this race now
                  Rule 4 would then hammer that though?

Comment

• Re Altior, Re Brendan Powell just said that once the puss is released from a horses foot they feel comfortable almost straight away. Cold tubbing and a poultice will draw out anything left. Once that's done a shoe can be put back on, and as they have 48 hours he should be 100% unless re infects. Not a massive issue as it sounds but fingers crossed

Comment

• Originally posted by charlie View Post
                      Re Altior, Re Brendan Powell just said that once the puss is released from a horses foot they feel comfortable almost straight away. Cold tubbing and a poultice will draw out anything left. Once that's done a shoe can be put back on, and as they have 48 hours he should be 100% unless re infects. Not a massive issue as it sounds but fingers crossed
                      Positive that he should just about have enough time to recover.

They've (I've!) got a ready made excuse if Min beats him now

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                        Positive that he should just about have enough time to recover.

They've (I've!) got a ready made excuse if Min beats him now
                        Lol until Aintree

Comment

• When Top Notch was taken out wasn't the reason pus in his foot? They didn't have time to fix it and get him ready with over 2 weeks to go, but Altior could be ready to run in 48 hours?

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                            When Top Notch was taken out wasn't the reason pus in his foot? They didn't have time to fix it and get him ready with over 2 weeks to go, but Altior could be ready to run in 48 hours?
                            They said top notch wasn't working well.
                            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by MrMcGoldrick View Post
                              When Top Notch was taken out wasn't the reason pus in his foot? They didn't have time to fix it and get him ready with over 2 weeks to go, but Altior could be ready to run in 48 hours?
                              Yeah I was a bit surprised when they said it's fine 48hrs later.. but I'm not a vet..

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                                They said top notch wasn't working well.
                                Did they, which horse was withdrawn because of pus in a foot then? They said it wasn't a major problem but too close to the fez, was a high profile one, thought it was TN

Comment

Working...
                                X