Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by robith View Post
    If Douvan is 98% surely Willie will keep him for Punchestown with his eye on the Irish trainer titles, no?
    I think Willie likes a bit of the limelight, if he gets Douvan back to win a champion chase off this prep he'll be hailed as a genius

Comment

• I consdered that but in my view he only has to be within 3lb of his best to still win. On the subject of fitness and retained ability, when interviewed yesterday WM said that Faugheen 'might not have to be at his best to be competitive' .I take that as WM not rating Buveur Dair as a 4/6 sure thing?

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
        I think Willie likes a bit of the limelight, if he gets Douvan back to win a champion chase off this prep he'll be hailed as a genius
        He already is.

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
          Possibly always be hard to judge as even if they meet we won't know if both are at their peak. I'd be worried about Altior with the bounce factor and the fact that he might be niggled off the bridle earlier at Cheltenham. Worthy favourite though
          I wouldn't be worried at all ..... There's a New " MACHINE " on the Block this year, And It's called " ALTIOR "

Comment

• I was looking through the ORs for this race which I don't usually bother doing as I have my own ratings that we've used for donkeys years. I see that Douvan is on 174 and Altior is on 170. Also Postmark RPR figures have Douvan clearly ahead. I then checked to see the nature of victory when attaining their highest ratings and it stated Altior won comft =+ 3l and Douvan won readily =+ 5L. He's 8L clear on potential OR 's. Mine say the same. Douvan wins this fellas. If he runs that is , if not Min wins by 2L !!
            Last edited by Bigfish; 27 February 2018, 12:06 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

• Anyone else think Douvan will be taken out and not run at all? Just got a niggly feeling

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                Anyone else think Douvan will be taken out and not run at all? Just got a niggly feeling
                I think he'll run but 60/40 Ryanair.
                https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                  I think he'll run but 60/40 Ryanair.
                  Hope your right as we are starting to miss some big names here

Comment

• The 14s nrnb about UDS is probably just a waste of time but had to take it

Comment

• Can’t think who it is but one bookie doing a special of who Walsh will pick for this race
                      Douvan 4/6
                      Min 6/5

As I have mentioned before, I have douvan to run in any race 3/1 so as long as he runs I don’t mind, I’m there we’d- for so will be good to see him

Comment

• Mmm.. you're ratings on certain horses are let's say interesting, at the minute altior has never been bottomed out, even when it looks in trouble it always finds plenty, and you think douvan back from injury can beat it? To me altior has the better form, after all douvan just repeatedly beat sizing John over an inadequate trip, what will it find when it's in a battle? Won't be surprised if douvan doesn't run, altior all day long anyway

Comment

• Gordon heard that Douvan was staying at home and Ruby was on board Min?

Comment

• Douvan was rated on hurdles form rather than ANYTHING he ever did over fences last year. I see no reason why he can beat Altior other than that horses wind op. Min has better chase form than Douvan and a proper prep.

Comment

• Originally posted by darlojim View Post
                              Gordon heard that Douvan was staying at home and Ruby was on board Min?
                              Paul N said rubys on min in the qmcc and they don't Think douvan runs. Diddnt say he stays at home
                              https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                              Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by mayo View Post
                                Douvan was rated on hurdles form rather than ANYTHING he ever did over fences last year. .
                                Douvan is the reason Sizing John won the GC, if he didn’t keep getting beat by him by 5+’lengths you question if he ever would have gone up in trip

Comment

Working...
                                X