Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
    I still can’t quite believe that both Min and Douvan would race against each other if fit and firing in the days before cheltenham.
    Completely agree, I'll be nothing short of shocked should they both line up here...

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
      Completely agree, I'll be nothing short of shocked should they both line up here...
      A bit of a move on oddschecker for min in the Ryanair even though mullins say he goes qmcc.
      https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
      Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• I did see someone saying about doubling them up. Yorkhill and Faugheen champ hurdle, Un De sceaux and djakadam Ryanair, min and Douvan champ chase, total recall and killultagh vic gold cup. That made a little bit of sense, if Ricci is happy with Djakadam in the Ryanair then maybe he’ll throw both min and Douvan at Altior

Comment

• Originally posted by Robbante View Post
          I did see someone saying about doubling them up. Yorkhill and Faugheen champ hurdle, Un De sceaux and djakadam Ryanair, min and Douvan champ chase, total recall and killultagh vic gold cup. That made a little bit of sense, if Ricci is happy with Djakadam in the Ryanair then maybe he’ll throw both min and Douvan at Altior
          I think min will go qmcc. But i hope he goes Ryanair.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• The most staggering quote I've heard so far is that Mullins thinks Ruby would sit on Min if they took each other on as "the form horse".

Not, a, CHANCE of Douvan running in the CC with Ruby on another horse IMO.

If that gets proven to be incorrect I'll have to lower my Douvan estimations to being at the same level as Djakadam, rather than Vautour.

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              I think min will go qmcc. But i hope he goes Ryanair.
              Same here on both counts

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                The most staggering quote I've heard so far is that Mullins thinks Ruby would sit on Min if they took each other on as "the form horse".

Not, a, CHANCE of Douvan running in the CC with Ruby on another horse IMO.

If that gets proven to be incorrect I'll have to lower my Douvan estimations to being at the same level as Djakadam, rather than Vautour.
                Just backing up my thoughts on this...are Patricks views.... the video on this page I just get the very distinct impression that Douvan is a better horse. Does contradict what Willie said, and I suppose he is the trainer... but I think this is quite clear and the truth!

Willie Mullins runs through his leading lights for the 2018 Cheltenham Festival as we get the latest on Douvan, Faugheen, Yorkhill, Killultagh Vic and more.

Comment

• Ruby would be on Douvan out of the two

Comment

• Douvan"He has a few important bits of work to do this week, but it’s a case of so far so good. He might have schooled once in the autumn, but that has been the only schooling he will have done since Cheltenham last year and he probably won’t school before Cheltenham this year as I wouldn’t want to risk him."

I find that so shocking even though I know its the case. When you think about the success Mullins has had, and the success Paul Nicholls has had (who schools them all the time) it is amazing how varied it can be!

It is so hard to imagine a horse winning a Champion Chase, after only have one "training session" jumping over fences in an ENTIRE YEAR.

Comment

• Wow!!! That's very surprising.... it's not like he's going to have time to spot his fences in a Champion Chase!!

Concerning that, adds on top of the pile of negatives for Douvan

Comment

• Impossible to rule Douvan out for me, hard to gauge where peak Douvan ranks with peak Altior but repeatedly beating Sizing John is arguably better than beating the likes of Cloudy Dream and Ordinary World. Douvan at his peak also slightly better on speed figures. Willie won't run him if he doesn't think he's in top condition, and this is the only race he'll run him in imo, so 9/2 with Hills (safe in the knowledge that it's money back if not running) is actually a bit of value and something I want covered

Comment

• Hard to judge Rob as Altior hasn’t peaked yet, but yes Mullins will only run Douvan if he feels he’ll run his race...

Comment

• At the risk of looking a fool ..I am an old timer bloke who enjoys putting it out there and to hell with it I will say that I have Douvan rated 6lb superior to Altior . I don't think that Min will run here (Ryanair) unless the best 2M horse in training is within 98% of his peak fitness. He wins by 4L.

Comment

• If Douvan is 98% surely Willie will keep him for Punchestown with his eye on the Irish trainer titles, no?

Comment

• Originally posted by Istabraq View Post
                                Hard to judge Rob as Altior hasn’t peaked yet, but yes Mullins will only run Douvan if he feels he’ll run his race...
                                Possibly always be hard to judge as even if they meet we won't know if both are at their peak. I'd be worried about Altior with the bounce factor and the fact that he might be niggled off the bridle earlier at Cheltenham. Worthy favourite though

Comment

Working...
                                X