Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Going right handed, 'fragile' are reason enough not to back Ar Mad for the festival (albeit I haven't checked the prices) but is genuinly want 100/1 plus.

Good horse beasty, but leap of faith is more than price warrents would you say?

Comment

I keep coming back to MIN for this, the 12-1 it seems far too big.

Was as short as 3-1 for the Arkle before injury ended his season...

If I knew this was a definite intended target I think I would throw a point or two in its direction. Worry is he goes Ryanair and Douvan stays in the CC.

Comment

The 12/1 is tempting me as well Innoko. I don't like doing each way ante post bets this far in advance but he is one I'm considering.

Comment

I think that Min is a good candidate for the 'in any race' market.

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
            I think that Min is a good candidate for the 'in any race' market.
            What odds is he in that?

From a value point of view, incresdibly hard to see him be fav in any race he could compete in so I wouldn't be rushing at anything less than double figures?

Comment

Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
              What odds is he in that?

From a value point of view, incresdibly hard to see him be fav in any race he could compete in so I wouldn't be rushing at anything less than double figures?
              The best I could find was 7-1. Which I thought was poor at this stage.

When remembering he split Altior and BVD in the supreme and that Mullins and Walsh agree he is a better chaser. (Ruby quoted as saying he reminds him of Kauto). The 12-1 is the way to go.

I may be completely wrong here, but could prove to now be better than Douvan... did I really say that!

Comment

Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                The best I could find was 7-1. Which I thought was poor at this stage.

When remembering he split Altior and BVD in the supreme and that Mullins and Walsh agree he is a better chaser. (Ruby quoted as saying he reminds him of Kauto). The 12-1 is the way to go.

I may be completely wrong here, but could prove to now be better than Douvan... did I really say that!
                I'm glad you've brought up the Ruby quote about being reminded of Kauto Star, because Kauto Star was run in the Champion Chase, so maybe, only maybe, a little clue that Min will indeed contest the Champion Chase instead of Douvan, before stepping up in trip, possibly?

Interestingly though Willie Mullins has never won this race, even with his 'sure thing' this year!
                Last edited by ComplyOrDie; 5 October 2017, 12:09 PM.

Comment

As Min and Douvan will most-likely be split, is it worth doing a Min (CC), Douvan (Ryanair) Double?
                  I don't want Douvan in the Ryanair, but I can see it happening!
                  (89/1 with SB)

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                    As Min and Douvan will most-likely be split, is it worth doing a Min (CC), Douvan (Ryanair) Double?
                    (89/1 with SB)
                    I've already put them in a 'standard, every year' Rich Ricci multiple bet for them 2 races personally anyway, but could see no reason why the double wouldn't be worth doing, mostly as a cover for other bets you may have.

Comment

Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
                      I'm glad you've brought up the Ruby quote about being reminded of Kauto Star, because Kauto Star was run in the Champion Chase, so maybe, only maybe, a little clue that Min will indeed contest the Champion Chase instead of Douvan, before stepping up in trip, possibly?

Interestingly though Willie Mullins has never won this race, even with his 'sure thing' this year!

A definite possible clue

Think I might hang fire a little longer until Min is entered for a race this season first...

Comment

Originally posted by Leman14 View Post
                        (89/1 with SB)
                        I love these type of multiples. They are almost related contingency bets, as where one horse lines up directly effects where the other will run.

The 89/1 is probably closer to 10/1 if they turn up in these races

Comment

At this stage, if they're both fit and well next March I'd say that Douvan will go CC and Min will go up in trip. Mind you, this time last year I backed Douvan for the Gold Cup!

Comment

Does anyone know if Special Tiara is a cert to defend his crown? Key runner for me as I fancy Great Field to set a relentless gallop and try to make all in this race. With Special Tiara there they'll probably go off too fast together and set the race up for Altior/Min, but if no Special Tiara then i think Great Field would take some pegging back

Comment

Originally posted by archie View Post
                              At this stage, if they're both fit and well next March I'd say that Douvan will go CC and Min will go up in trip. Mind you, this time last year I backed Douvan for the Gold Cup!
                              You mentioned you were at Mullins yard recently archie - were there any horses that stood out for you?

Comment

Originally posted by Robante View Post
                                Does anyone know if Special Tiara is a cert to defend his crown? Key runner for me as I fancy Great Field to set a relentless gallop and try to make all in this race. With Special Tiara there they'll probably go off too fast together and set the race up for Altior/Min, but if no Special Tiara then i think Great Field would take some pegging back
                                Bar an injury I would say it's 100% certain he ends up here again. Having lined up against Douvan this year it's not like there's the risk of connections being scared off and targeting the Ryanair/another race

Comment

Working...
                                X