Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• I’m not keen on horses that haven’t been prepared for one of the key races

Then again, I’d like to edit that post regarding Yorkhill. Saying that his in the same boat as Altior and Douvan isn’t abit strong.
    At least he’ll have a decent run over 2 miles before he heads to Cheltenham.
    It’s not an ideal route, but it’s better than having no runs at all!!!!

If he wins we’ll this weekend, then he’ll I can see money flooding in for him.
    He has excellent course form... and personally he’ll be running over the correct trip

Issue is... he STILL needs to prove himself this weekend. He could lose, he could be a flop, he could get round and win but not be all that convincing.

For this time of year, it a worry backing a horse (right this minute) who has yet to show anything. He does have a chance this weekend to prove himself - but at 5/1..... hmmmmmm

Comment

• Originally posted by Toffees View Post

I was looking down the field for something at a price and noticed Alan King has old boy Valdez entered?? He hasn't been seen in 3 years so its a bit crazy that he'd get an entry here. You'd wonder is he actually planning him to show up here or take the handicap route. Has anyone heard anything re Valdez? Is the 100/1 NRNB worth considering?

I also have a small stake on Politilogue at 33s so looking for one at a big price...
      You don't need many reasons to back at 3 figures... he won't run in the CC unless he shows an almighty, best ever performance, on his return after 3 years... so you're 99% to just be getting your money back.... but that is a bet to nothing. I wouldn't knock it, albeit I also wouldn't back it

Comment

• Yorkhill and Min both declared as expected.

Loser packed off to the Ryanair?

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
          Yorkhill and Min both declared as expected.

Most likely loser CH depending on faugheen.

Min won't go further than 2 I'd be very confident.
          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Yorkhill and Min both declared as expected.

Townend picks Yorkhill

Comment

• Originally posted by SAMCRO View Post
              Townend picks Yorkhill
              Better horse than Min.

I want Yorkhill to end up in the Ryanair so not sure what I want to happen in this race. Min winning by a small margin as yorkhill closes him down?

If yorkhill flops they've said he'll go back hurdling and Faugheen is key to that as well.

No Faugheen and I'd be 100% Yorkhill went CH

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                Better horse than Min.

I want Yorkhill to end up in the Ryanair so not sure what I want to happen in this race. Min winning by a small margin as yorkhill closes him down?

If yorkhill flops they've said he'll go back hurdling and Faugheen is key to that as well.

but I do see faugheen very likely to win.

If he gets beat in this and his jumping is fine as it has been. How could he win a CH. And we all know he will be 9/2< and be backed heavily for the CH regardless

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                  Better horse than Min.

Over 2 miles Is he?

Comment

Over 2 miles Is he?
                    We will soon find out. I'm not sure.

He sidestepped the supreme for the neptune but it was a long time ago. Over a different discipline

Comment

Over 2 miles Is he?
                      My thoughts exactly. Will be interesting to see. Wont be much in it. I personally see Min winning.

Comment

Over 2 miles Is he?
                        Dont know yet. Better horse in terms of ability though... as i said I hope Min beats him but I'm not hopeful or confident.

Comment

• Yorkhill to beat Min

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
                            We will soon find out. I'm not sure.

He sidestepped the supreme for the neptune but it was a long time ago. Over a different discipline
                            They obviously think Yorkhill is one of their top notchers the way they talk about him. However I don't think he will win on Saturday. Massive advantage for Min having David Mullins instead of Paul Townend.

Comment

• I just had a small bet on MIN for the Dublin Steeplechase, I just thought Yorkhill at 5/6 and MIN at 5/2 didn't make sense as both are 5/1 for the CC, Yorkhill has something to prove and could well go back to hurdling where MIN is a good chaser IMO and they just made him do too much early on in his last race, I still think MIN has a very good chance of winning the CC and if he does wins the Dublin race he could well go off Fav for the CC with doubt about many of the others... Hopefully this is not my pocket talking as I do have him for the CC at bigger odds..

Comment

Working...
                              X