Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Yorkhill's price on the move for this race.
    https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
    Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
      Yorkhill's price on the move for this race.
      Good indicator he stays chasing then?

No other option that 2m1 next time as Jono pointed out so we're down to 2 choices ...

6/1 any race took my head ache away months ago. Imagine I'll lay off though

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
        Good indicator he stays chasing then?

No other option that 2m1 next time as Jono pointed out so we're down to 2 choices ...

6/1 any race took my head ache away months ago. Imagine I'll lay off though
        Too early to tell. And plans can change very quick if he does run in a 2 mile chase and dosent bolt up.

Comment

• They said on the FFP that he runs over 2 miles next.

I got a few quid at 60+ on Yorkhill for this race but would still expect Altior to beat him.

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
            They said on the FFP that he runs over 2 miles next.

I got a few quid at 60+ on Yorkhill for this race but would still expect Altior to beat him.
            He has to. There's no 2m4 left handed chase in the irish program

Comment

• Originally posted by Scooby91 View Post
              Too early to tell. And plans can change very quick if he does run in a 2 mile chase and dosent bolt up.
              Had the CH covered at 20s so I can live with that

I think BVD would beat him though
              I think Altior would beat him too
              Only Ryanair I can see a win.

Surely Min is going for that same Leopardstown race? Most logical race for him too. Run both and split them up at Cheltenham?

Comment

That's my thinking too.

The Leopardstown festival is going to be an excellent addition. I'm tempted to make the trip over

Comment

Had the CH covered at 20s so I can live with that

Surely Min is going for that same Leopardstown race? Most logical race for him too. Run both and split them up at Cheltenham?
                  ;
                  " think BVD would beat him though
                  Only Ryanair I can see a win"

Id agree with that deffinately.

If i fancied a game of Willie mullins bingo on where they'd end up id say.

Qmcc
                  Min + UDS

Ryanair
                  Kilultagh vic
                  Yorkhill
                  Bachasson

Comment

I'd echo those outcomes as well. If both Altior and Buveur D'Air run to their form Yorkhill despite has talent won't be able to beat them.

Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                    That's my thinking too.

The Leopardstown festival is going to be an excellent addition. I'm tempted to make the trip over
                    It really is Faugheen. Obviously the vast majority of the races have always been there that weekend at Leopardstown and it's always been full of festival clues but there does seem to be a huge amount riding on the weekend this year.

- The return of Petit Mouchoir - likely up against Footpad again. The only threat to Footpad for the Arkle?
                    - Will Faugheen run? (doubt it myself) - if he doesn't who takes his place? Likely Melon? Yorkhill?
                    - Yorkhill in the 2mile1 chase
                    - The return of Our Duke in the Irish Gold Cup and also Disko?
                    - Espoir D'Allen against the best of the remaining Irish juveniles
                    - Deloitte Novice Hurdle
                    - Flogas Novice Chase
                    Now add in Samcro...

Huge huge weekend. I was tempted to make the trip over too but doing the full 4 days at Cheltenham means i'll have to swerve with it being only a month or so before.

Is Ruby likely to be back for that weekend do we know?

Comment

• Originally posted by jono View Post

Is Ruby likely to be back for that weekend do we know?
                      Very unlikely; he had a boot fitted last Thursday and is likely to be in that for 5-6 weeks. Looking like the end of February would be a possible target

Comment

• I can see Politologue doing a Dodging Bullets on it this year, he isn't the most sexy or appealing on paper but has the form in the book and jumping is his biggest asset which can win you a champion chase around HQ, he was foot perfect in the Tingle Creek, but less spectacular in the Dessert Orchid but i think that run was an afterthought from Paul Nicholls in trying to avoid a energy sapping clash with UDS before the big one.
                        Last edited by SeanRock; 4 January 2018, 09:29 PM.

Comment

• Originally posted by Bayoffreedom View Post
                          Very unlikely; he had a boot fitted last Thursday and is likely to be in that for 5-6 weeks. Looking like the end of February would be a possible target
                          Despite the Leopardstown cards being good, no wayRuby will rush coming back for that and doing himself out of Cheltenham.

I was thinking last night about UDS and how I'd back him to beat Politilogue over and trip on any ground with soft in it... and think because of that I should take the NRNB about him!

6/1 - what if it was heavy :O he'd beat Altior

Comment

Despite the Leopardstown cards being good, no wayRuby will rush coming back for that and doing himself out of Cheltenham.

I was thinking last night about UDS and how I'd back him to beat Politilogue over and trip on any ground with soft in it... and think because of that I should take the NRNB about him!

6/1 - what if it was heavy :O he'd beat Altior
                            UDS one to wait for the weather forecast for me - if it's good ground i wouldn't fancy him for anything this year, can't forget the way an aging Sprinter put him so quickly to bed at Cheltenham. I think if it's soft ground he'll run here (and have a great chance), on good ground he'll be in the ryanair but i'd expect something to beat him there (Fox Norton most likely if running)

Comment

• The thing stopping me is because if it isn't soft I couldn't see him winning a CC but there is a chance he will run in the CC anyway (because of Bachasson OR any of the other Mullins runners).

6/1 NRNB not quite big enough .... but I am tempted!!!

If I knew he would ONLY run in the CC if it was Soft or worse... then I would take 6/1 now.

Comment

• WPM now saying there's a chance that Douvan makes the Cheltenham festival.

Comment

Working...
                                X