Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Perfectly true as far as I know but it would be interesting to see which bookies changed their prices and when.

Comment

• I wonder if there is more to this then what we are being told? If it's questionable that he may not even be back for the Spring Festivals then there may be more to it than a wind op

Originally posted by archie View Post
      Perfectly true as far as I know but it would be interesting to see which bookies changed their prices and when.
      There were whispers early afternoon and noticeable changes on the exchange around 14:00

Comment

• Maybe he's trying to entice Willie to send Douvan to the QMCC, then will say Altior is good to go

That's my sceptical thinking anyway.

Comment

• Originally posted by ComplyOrDie View Post
          Maybe he's trying to entice Willie to send Douvan to the QMCC, then will say Altior is good to go

That's my sceptical thinking anyway.

Comment

• PP./ BF cut the next 3 in the betting massively at 4:38pm but left Altior in at 4/6
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• special tiara solid ew now imo

Comment

• Min still looks overpriced to me at 7s for this. Altior has to be a massive doubt now, wind operations are rarely straight forward. I can’t see any way Douvan goes for this regardless - his profile and breeding suggest he’s ready to be stepped up in trip. Great Field and Min perfect for this race and though I don’t often bet each way ante post I don’t see how a big each way punt on Min at 7s can’t return

Comment

• I haven't quite processed this yet ... I can't decide if it is now MORE LIKELY or LESS LIKELY Douvan runs here.

On the 1 hand, Douvan is connections best 2 miler (Sorry CoD) so winning the more prestigious race would be 'sweet sweet justice' for last season...

However.... Min looks the be an out and out two miler and I've still not seen anything to the contrary ... and with Altior having no prep, this race would be very very winnable for Min (and obviously I know some that fancy Min anyway)... this would leave Douvan a justified shot up in trip as a step towards a Gold Cup Mayve the year after ....

I know someone also said about Min going Ryanair ... also UDS might deserve a shot at CC if he wins tingle creek again or its soft ....

So really, it's just too hard to be confident on how this might shake things up .... and that's only considering Mullins!

There is the fact Altior might recover well, AND Hendo is likely to be cautious but it would be mental to rule him out...

Plus, "if three is blood in the water ... sharks will come" .... could be a deeper race than anticipated IF he doesn't make it.

Just thinking out loud and not really got anything to do that'll affect my position on the race. I have the likely beneficiaries already that would shorten and I'm on Altior in a double from the flat season so my stake is only 2 pts

Comment

• If it is purely a breathing operation then he should be fine. The fact he mentions that Altior could miss the spring festivals is worrying though

Comment

• Originally posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
                      If it is purely a breathing operation then he should be fine. The fact he mentions that Altior could miss the spring festivals is worrying though
                      The fact Henderson even mentioned it makes me think the worst.

Comment

• I can’t see Min going Ryanair at all, so that would leave it as a process of elimination as to who else runs alongside Min here. I don’t think the decision should be affected by Altior’s participation as they have always been bullish about Min’s chances. I definitely think Mullins will either run Douvan or Great Field alongside Min in this one - Great Field is all speed and has a tendency to pull hard so think there would be doubts about him getting the trip in the Ryanair. The logical set up would be Min and Great Field for this race, which leaves Douvan to go up in trip. Comments from Ricci, and Douvan’s entry in the King George, suggests that’s their thinking also

Comment

• Originally posted by Innoko View Post
                          The fact Henderson even mentioned it makes me think the worst.
                          Not sure. I think you should have a duty to mention it when he's an even money fav for a championship race. And alot of cash is involved
                          https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
                          Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

• Ricci interview on racing uk again said their policy is to find the right races for the horses to win. You'd definitely have min - CC, douvan - ryanair on that basis.

Comment

• The closest thing I would consider to being a bet would be Min (CC)/Douvan (Ryanair) double BUT it could be a huge waste of pts!

Comment

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
                                The closest thing I would consider to being a bet would be Min (CC)/Douvan (Ryanair) double BUT it could be a huge waste of pts!
                                That depends how many pts you want to put on it, personally I'd be inclined, and have indeed, gone small on that pairing already, so don't see it as a huge waste.

Comment

Working...
                                X