Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
    And when punters do a gofundme contribution to Ricci's training fees they'll have a reason to bitch about where the horses run.

I backed Douvan for the Gold Cup about this time last year and still believe it's his destiny. I was also on Vautour the previous year but I've absolutely no problem with owner and trainer leaving it until the last minute to go for what they see as the best targets.

Quote Originally Posted by archie View Post
    And when punters do a gofundme contribution to Ricci's training fees they'll have a reason to bitch about where the horses run.

I backed Douvan for the Gold Cup about this time last year and still believe it's his destiny. I was also on Vautour the previous year but I've absolutely no problem with owner and trainer leaving it until the last minute to go for what they see as the best targets.
    Me neither archie. I don't pay the fees so I can't moan.

I want to see the best horses racing against each other. The thought of Douvan running in the Ryanair, and avoiding a clash with Altior, or alternatively running in the Gold Cup would be poor for racing.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I want to see the best horses racing against each other. The thought of Douvan running in the Ryanair, and avoiding a clash with Altior, or alternatively running in the Gold Cup would be poor for racing.
    I agree that running in the Ryanair would be poor for racing but I don't think Douvan in the Gold Cup would be bad for racing - of course depending on who ran in the Queen Mother instead.

Neither do I Ryan. My post above is misleading.

I'd be delighted if he ran in either the Champion Chase or Gold Cup. I'd be extremely underwhelmed if he turned up in the Ryanair.

I'd be underwhelmed massively aswell. However from Ricci's point of view, if he is worried he can't beat Altior and doesn't think he'll win the Gold Cup, it makes complete sense to get a Grade 1?

It doesn't make sense to me. The reason I love horse racing, and especially Cheltenham, is because you get to see the best horses taking on the best.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    It doesn't make sense to me. The reason I love horse racing, and especially Cheltenham, is because you get to see the best horses taking on the best.
    Absolutely, the best horses beat the best and become legends. However, I don't know Ricci personally but he is a banker, he will make the best business decisions whether they are best for racing or not.

Quote Originally Posted by ryanh97 View Post
    Absolutely, the best horses beat the best and become legends. However, I don't know Ricci personally but he is a banker, he will make the best business decisions whether they are best for racing or not.
    It looks like that's how he operates. Hopefully we don't have that situation again where the one owner has the best 4 or 5 horses in training.

On that crinkled paper , it looks a match up Altior v Big D.
    Race is not really for me from punting viewpoint , no real value.
    Only antepost bet ive had so far on betfair is Charbel at 70/1.
    He was giving Altior a real race in Arkle till that fall two out , might have been stuffed out of sight , but im prepared to take view he would have been within 5L of winner.
    Min the only other one that may make grade but has it to prove.