Announcement

Collapse

Fat Jockey Patrons

Fat Jockey is a horse racing community focused on all the big races in the UK and Ireland. We don't charge users but if you have found the site useful then any support towards the running costs is appreciated.
Become a Patron!

You can also make a one-off donation here:
See more
See less

Champion Chase 2018

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Originally posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Just the NRNB price isn't it?
    im not at all sure Kev, but surely gotta goArkle route?

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
      im not at all sure Kev, but surely gotta goArkle route?
      100% for me.

He didn't put UDS or Douvan in the CC in their Arkle years. I can't think of any example of him doing it, and the price no where near big enough to tempt me.

Comment

100% for me.

He didn't put UDS or Douvan in the CC in their Arkle years. I can't think of any example of him doing it, and the price no where near big enough to tempt me.
        i totally agree, have it singe and a few multiples for Arkle. And price at 9/2 not a tempter at all

Comment

• Originally posted by Geordieboy83 View Post
          i totally agree, have it singe and a few multiples for Arkle. And price at 9/2 not a tempter at all
          Not got an entry....

Charbel has an entry for the CC - and not the Ryanair. That surprised me a bit.

Comment

Not got an entry....

Thats the only one that suprised me kev. They obviously think the qmcc is open enough. But I'd like to see him up on trip personally. I did have him for the ryaniar at 85.0 but on a whole the entries were kind.

I thought vvm might get a speculative ryanair entry but not a suprise she diddnt as poss out altogether.

Waiting patiently is out at the weekend and entered for both. I had him in mind for the jlt at exchange prices but Worrying connections have said previously they won't run him anywhere that's not on the soft side to prolong his career .
            Last edited by Scooby91; 11 January 2018, 03:05 PM.
            https://scooby91horseracingtips.com/
            Use code "FJ" in your sign up name for bonus content!

Comment

Not got an entry....

been busy today, not seen much racing or news but that surprises me a little bit too

Comment

• I'm thinking a few quid on UDS with bet365 at 6/1.

Douvans not making it and there is a big cloud of doubt about altior. If they both don't make it, Mullins will definitely pitch Uds in there and that 6/1 will be made to look huge

If altior does end up running and winning the game spirit, I'd just cash out on Uds.

Might be worth taking the chance now tho

Comment

• Originally posted by Mulvers1985 View Post
                  I'm thinking a few quid on UDS with bet365 at 6/1.

Douvans not making it and there is a big cloud of doubt about altior. If they both don't make it, Mullins will definitely pitch Uds in there and that 6/1 will be made to look huge

If altior does end up running and winning the game spirit, I'd just cash out on Uds.

Might be worth taking the chance now tho
                  I think you'd have to say Yorkhill and Min are just as likely to run of Douvan and Altior didn't?

UDS has his own "championship" race you defend and the owners aren't as difficult to keep happy as the other 2?

I think UDS only runs here in he gets soft/heavy .... Although NRNB you've got little to lose.

I do think if he ran he'd be shorter than 6/1 ... but hard to say by how much

Comment

• Not surprised Charbel comes here. Some might say he had Altior in trouble before he fell 2 out?

Comment

• Originally posted by doctorwu View Post
                      Not surprised Charbel comes here. Some might say he had Altior in trouble before he fell 2 out?
                      I wouldn't say he definitely did have him trouble, but I'm not convinced he definitely didn't.

What I do believe is that I don't think Altior would have beaten Charbel by much had he stood up.

Mind you, Charbel's form this season is nothing to get excited about.

Comment

• There was less certainty about Douvan, but trainer Willie Mullins has eight other entries including Min, Yorkhill and Great Field, while defending champion Un De Sceaux heads the 44 engaged in the Ryanair Chase.

Mullins said: "With Douvan, we’re just taking every day as it comes and we hope that we can get him back.

"We’ve been happy enough with Min since Leopardstown. He ran well enough in the circumstances and he’s being aimed at the Dublin Racing Festival – there’s a Grade 2 race over 2m1f that might suit him there.

"Yorkhill got a little bang at Leopardstown but is fine now and as I said earlier in the week, we took him out of the Gold Cup and are aiming at races over shorter.

"Great Field has come back to us and everything he’s done so far has been fine. Meanwhile, Un De Sceaux is in good order ahead of the Clarence House Chase and we’re looking forward to running him there."

Comment

• The chances of Min and Yorkhill both running in the 2m1 grade 2 at Leopardstown?

With this being Yorkhill's only viable race and Min needing another run before the festival it would actually make plenty of sense? Run both, then seperate them up based on the result for either the Champion Chase and Ryanair? Unlike connections to do so but on the odd occasion they have done similar (Faugheen vs Nichols Canyon vs Arctic Fire in the Irish Champion)

Comment

• Is it a grade 2? The only open chase option?

Comment

• I'd be confident ruby will ride Min and Yorkhill. I think UDS loses out inn any situation unless its soft ground.

I prefer UDS to Min, but appreciate that's a minority decision

Comment

• 3:14am Kev - don't tell me you got out of bed to post this

Comment

Working...
                                X