Page 50 of 90 FirstFirst ... 40484950515260 ... LastLast
    There was less certainty about Douvan, but trainer Willie Mullins has eight other entries including Min, Yorkhill and Great Field, while defending champion Un De Sceaux heads the 44 engaged in the Ryanair Chase.

Mullins said: "With Douvan, we’re just taking every day as it comes and we hope that we can get him back.

"We’ve been happy enough with Min since Leopardstown. He ran well enough in the circumstances and he’s being aimed at the Dublin Racing Festival – there’s a Grade 2 race over 2m1f that might suit him there.

"Yorkhill got a little bang at Leopardstown but is fine now and as I said earlier in the week, we took him out of the Gold Cup and are aiming at races over shorter.

"Great Field has come back to us and everything he’s done so far has been fine. Meanwhile, Un De Sceaux is in good order ahead of the Clarence House Chase and we’re looking forward to running him there."

The chances of Min and Yorkhill both running in the 2m1 grade 2 at Leopardstown?

With this being Yorkhill's only viable race and Min needing another run before the festival it would actually make plenty of sense? Run both, then seperate them up based on the result for either the Champion Chase and Ryanair? Unlike connections to do so but on the odd occasion they have done similar (Faugheen vs Nichols Canyon vs Arctic Fire in the Irish Champion)

Is it a grade 2? The only open chase option?

I'd be confident ruby will ride Min and Yorkhill. I think UDS loses out inn any situation unless its soft ground.

I prefer UDS to Min, but appreciate that's a minority decision

3:14am Kev - don't tell me you got out of bed to post this

Quote Originally Posted by jono View Post
    The chances of Min and Yorkhill both running in the 2m1 grade 2 at Leopardstown?

With this being Yorkhill's only viable race and Min needing another run before the festival it would actually make plenty of sense? Run both, then seperate them up based on the result for either the Champion Chase and Ryanair? Unlike connections to do so but on the odd occasion they have done similar (Faugheen vs Nichols Canyon vs Arctic Fire in the Irish Champion)
    Possibly worth noting mullins said over 2m at pace he might run him right handed as he has less time to think about it and not sure it would be as big an issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    3:14am Kev - don't tell me you got out of bed to post this
    Was walking home haha

Quote Originally Posted by Kevloaf View Post
    Was walking home haha
    I'm not sure I'd be in a fit state to type if I was walking home at that time in the morning

Quote Originally Posted by Faugheen_Machine View Post
    I'm not sure I'd be in a fit state to type if I was walking home at that time in the morning
    I didn't realise how much I'd posted. The majority seems pretty coherent too haha.

Absolutely huge gamble on Acapella Bourgeois today. If he hacks up now does he become a CC player?!

25/1 NRNB ....

NOPE.
    Last edited by Kevloaf; 01-14-2018 at 01:41 PM.